• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

You're too soft with them. We dragged our kids from Hawaii to Puerto Rico for a Disney Cruise, and we didn't tell them a damn thing about what was going on until they finally saw the cruise ship nearly two full days after we left our house for parts unknown. Those are rookie therapy numbers, Jon. You need to bump those therapy numbers up!

(That's so awesome to see, though. I hope you have a lot more photos of that moment, too. Have a great trip!)

You're too soft with them. We dragged our kids from Hawaii to Puerto Rico for a Disney Cruise, and we didn't tell them a damn thing about what was going on until they finally saw the cruise ship nearly two full days after we left our house for parts unknown. Those are rookie therapy numbers, Jon. You need to bump those therapy numbers up!

(That's so awesome to see, though. I hope you have a lot more photos of that moment, too. Have a great trip!)
That is an '80's parent move. It is kinder, gentler times.

Pretty stoked, closed on my new (to me) house today in a Madison suburb. Have BIG plans in-store for it. Here's the bare bones I'll be starting with:

Click here for photo gallery <----

Meeting with a couple GCs this weekend, a top priority is having a finished basement that will be the ultimate in cigar man cave. Sectioned off a minimum of 400sq.ft for a walk-in humi to rival the best humis anywhere. Dual Rabbit Air system with a separate hvac for basement.

Found a guy to re-upholster the green felt of a pool table I found.. he can basically silkscreen print anything I want.. so I'm doing Fuente red felt with the bulk of the table showcasing the AF plantation logo (attached). I am also having a new full bath added to the master bedroom along with a sauna.. still looking at various proposals for that. If you guys don't mind, after I've narrowed down the designs to 3 or 4, I wouldn't mind getting some feedback.

Another HUGE thing I'm excited about is, in addition to having a big garden of many different produce, I'm also going to start growing tobacco in a few varietals. The lounge is going to have my own little roll station.. I've been looking for vintage rolling tables, molds, chavetas, etc.. It will be just as a hobby and to allow guests to literally get their hands dirty and take home a self-roll souvenir.

There's lots more plans and plenty to do.. meeting with pool/whirlpool guys next week. When facing front of house there's substantial land to the left.. will break ground next spring for pool and whirlpool. I really like that there's just one more home on my side of road and then the road stops to a dead end.. there's no through traffic..

Anyway, it's a happy thread and I'm definitely HAPPY!! I'll post progression pics as I go. Any and all input or questions would be welcomed. 👍👍🍾🥂🥳

Last edited:
Pretty stoked, closed on my new (to me) house today in a Madison suburb. Have BIG plans in-store for it. Here's the bare bones I'll be starting with:

Meeting with a couple GCs this weekend, a top priority is having a finished basement that will be the ultimate in cigar man cave. Sectioned off a minimum of 400sq.ft for a walk-in humi to rival the best humis anywhere. Dual Rabbit Air system with a separate hvac for basement.

Found a guy to re-upholster the green felt of a pool table I found.. he can basically silkscreen print anything I want.. so I'm doing Fuente red felt with the bulk of the table showcasing the AF plantation logo (attached). I am also having a new full bath added to the master bedroom along with a sauna.. still looking at various proposals for that. If you guys don't mind, after I've narrowed down the designs to 3 or 4, I wouldn't mind getting some feedback.

Another HUGE thing I'm excited about is, in addition to having a big garden of many different produce, I'm also going to start growing tobacco in a few varietals. The lounge is going to have my own little roll station.. I've been looking for vintage rolling tables, molds, chavetas, etc.. It will be just as a hobby and to allow guests to literally get their hands dirty and take home a self-roll souvenir.

There's lots more plans and plenty to do.. meeting with pool/whirlpool guys next week. When facing front of house there's substantial land to the left.. will break ground next spring for pool and whirlpool. I really like that there's just one more home on my side of road and then the road stops to a dead end.. there's no through traffic..

Anyway, it's a happy thread and I'm definitely HAPPY!! I'll post progression pics as I go. Any and all input or questions would be welcomed. 👍👍🍾🥂🥳
Awesome brother. I’ll be out for a cigar soon

We got some rain! It's been hot and dry, it's cool and wet today. My morning smoke got rained out but I'll throw a towel on my chair and hit it in a bit.

This will require its own thread for sure! Congrats!

This will require its own thread for sure! Congrats!

Thanks! Met with a really nice dude earlier today, he primarily designs and builds custom closets. He showed me a bunch of his work on his iPad and it's really impressive. Even better than Kurt Russell's work on the yacht at the beginning of Overboard. 😛

He hasn't built an actual walk-in humi before, but he's been in a few and we went over some examples I found online. He said it would be no problem.. and considering his work I've seen now, I can tell it's well within his skill set. Only issue now is he's booked out several months. It's not like it's a rush job though.. and it gives me time to wrinkle out all my details.

We're getting back together in a month and he's gonna sketch out my wants and then draw actual drafts. Once a final design is decided we schedule a start date and I cut him a materials check.

I'll post the drafts when they're done. Feedback or concerns would be greatly appreciated after seeing them. And yeah, I'll start a thread for it when it's closer to the time. 👍

My grandson and I found this abandoned car out in the woods by my cabin. We had a blast looking for the hood release and a key. Finally
found the hood release and it looks like we could possibly get it running!
:cool: Use it for a UTV.
1659308155933.png