• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

A list of things that have made me happy as of late:
Kids did their first track meet tonight.
Finally got a grill cart for my KJ.
Decided upon the ER for where I want to focus my nursing future.
Invisible fence is installed for our dog.
Helped wife fulfill her desire to redo several rooms in the house.
Finished a big investment project with my wife.
Summer semester is coming to an end.

A list of things that have made me happy as of late:
Kids did their first track meet tonight.
Finally got a grill cart for my KJ.
Decided upon the ER for where I want to focus my nursing future.
Invisible fence is installed for our dog.
Helped wife fulfill her desire to redo several rooms in the house.
Finished a big investment project with my wife.
Summer semester is coming to an end.
How does the invisible fence work? Old school shock collar? Reason I ask is, regardless of my own views on that, I've heard of unintended injuries from such a device.

How does the invisible fence work? Old school shock collar? Reason I ask is, regardless of my own views on that, I've heard of unintended injuries from such a device.
Put it on the dog (haven't tried the kids yet though I have thought about it), let them walk up to where the fence is (the perimeter is lined with little white flags every 6 to 10 feet), they will first hear a tone and the goal is to train them to that tone so that they will back away once they hear it. IF they continue getting closer, then they get a buzz from the electrode. I heard it described as a tingle and I have heard it described as a little shock. I have had Labs and they are very compliant with any sort of discomfort so they haven't tried to push the limits of the collar yet.

Take it with a grain of salt I suppose, but I've heard a story or two of dogs being spooked out of the yard, or being chased out of the yard by a predator, thereby having the collar continuously shock them. If the dog gets lost, what is supposed to be a training device could end up becoming a torture device.

Take it with a grain of salt I suppose, but I've heard a story or two of dogs being spooked out of the yard, or being chased out of the yard by a predator, thereby having the collar continuously shock them. If the dog gets lost, what is supposed to be a training device could end up becoming a torture device.
Oh, I hear you. This won't continually shock the dog. Only when it crosses or gets near the wire.

I'm happy I came across this gem, again. That's my Squirtopotamus at 1:27, making sure things don't get stealed!

*EDIT* That 1st grader starts 10th grade next month!
She must have done real well in in 1st grade last year to get to skip so many grades.