• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

My interview is done. Since it was hosted in California it lasted form 17:30 'til 00:15 for me. Then I drove home in the icy conditions of a Swiss snowstorm. I think it went well. There may be a better candidate who gets selected, but I don't regret saying anything or thought it was a train wreck at the end, as I have in previous interviews.

My interview is done. Since it was hosted in California it lasted form 17:30 'til 00:15 for me. Then I drove home in the icy conditions of a Swiss snowstorm. I think it went well. There may be a better candidate who gets selected, but I don't regret saying anything or thought it was a train wreck at the end, as I have in previous interviews.

Holy smokes! That's a LONG interview! Is that normal for your field? I mean, I know quantum sub-atomic particle acceleration and regeneration research is a little more in-depth than working for the mailroom here, but that must have been exhausting. Good luck, my friend. Leaving it all on the court in an interview is the best you can ask for -- it's out of your hands, now. I'd hate for you to have to leave Europe, but I hope you get this opportunity if it is what you are wanting!

It is normal for faculty-level positions. You give a research seminar, then meet with the search committee, then all the scientists and all the staff. Talking with them got me really excited for the opportunity, now to see how it plays out.

It is normal for faculty-level positions. You give a research seminar, then meet with the search committee, then all the scientists and all the staff. Talking with them got me really excited for the opportunity, now to see how it plays out.

Good luck! I'd hate to trade Swiss snowstorms for California heat!

Today is my partner in crimes birthday!! The big 7!!! Just had a nice family dinner and tomorrow is a party with a few of her classmates destroying my house. Should be fun!!

1A74E715-0B95-4A2B-8692-36FE2B509F3B.jpegF018FD3D-DB2A-4EF6-9684-FBF91220D425.jpeg

Also, my niece is officially on the roster at UofA!!! She was offered a full scholarship to play basketball for them back in the 8th grade. She was a high school student up until yesterday. They called her last week and asked if she could join them immediately. She had the credits to graduate high school early. So yesterday she graduated, today she moved into the team dorma, and is officially on the roster for UofA basketball. Pretty amazing stuff. One of the most dedicated athletes I’ve ever seen.

3E527076-6D87-45AD-8388-D3E747226AD1.jpeg

We've got snow coming down; first time I've seen snow since we lived in Germany. Enzo enjoyed running around in the woods as it was falling, and I'll admit that it's a cute novelty. We are only supposed to get about an inch accumulation, and the precip should change over to rain later this evening and melt it all before v-herf time. Oh well...

We've got snow coming down; first time I've seen snow since we lived in Germany. Enzo enjoyed running around in the woods as it was falling, and I'll admit that it's a cute novelty. We are only supposed to get about an inch accumulation, and the precip should change over to rain later this evening and melt it all before v-herf time. Oh well...
Seems like it's snowing everywhere BUT here at the moment. 🤬

I sold one of my nicest guitar$ this week so, now I have more cigar $$$ :D

Nice! What was that? The reveal binding on the body and the flame maple binding on the neck are way classier than Gibson's traditional celluloid binding. I keep waffling on if I want to sell off any of my guitars, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Nice! What was that? The reveal binding on the body and the flame maple binding on the neck are way classier than Gibson's traditional celluloid binding. I keep waffling on if I want to sell off any of my guitars, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

It is a 2002 History SH-L2.
The body back & the neck are made with Honduran mahogany, the fingerboard is Brazilian, and the position markers are Abalone shell.
Because of CITES Appendix I the Brazilian rosewood & the Abalone made it nearly impossible to ship internationally so, I offered it to the lower 48 US only.
The body top has a faux binding that is actually a continuation of the maple top; like a PRS.
They spray the top color & then scrape the color off the top edge, and it looks like a binding but it's just the maple top with a clear coat.
One of the classiest guitars I have ever owned & with top spec lumber to boot.
I hope the new owner in the Boston area likes it. I know I will miss that guitar.

As far as selling guitars, I have owned right at 400 guitars over the past ~50 years; sold about ~90% of those.
I don't mind selling any guitar I get my hands on but I place a premium on my favorites. ;)

Attachments

• H-L2 15.jpg
    H-L2 15.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 4
  • H-L2 3.jpg
    H-L2 3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It is a 2002 History SH-L2.
The body back & the neck are made with Honduran mahogany, the fingerboard is Brazilian, and the position markers are Abalone shell.
Because of CITES Appendix I the Brazilian rosewood & the Abalone made it nearly impossible to ship internationally so, I offered it to the lower 48 US only.
The body top has a faux binding that is actually a continuation of the maple top; like a PRS.
They spray the top color & then scrape the color off the top edge, and it looks like a binding but it's just the maple top with a clear coat.
One of the classiest guitars I have ever owned & with top spec lumber to boot.
I hope the new owner in the Boston area likes it. I know I will miss that guitar.

As far as selling guitars, I have owned right at 400 guitars over the past ~50 years; sold about ~90% of those.
I don't mind selling any guitar I get my hands on but I place a premium on my favorites. ;)

Wow, my collection sits somewhere around 20 guitars and other stringed instruments right now. If I had to guess, I've bought, sold, or traded around 100 more over the years. I can't imagine 400! PRS refers to that style of "binding" as Natural Reveal Binding. It's definitely classy. That's a beautiful guitar, for sure.