• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I have been ineligible to donate blood since 2006. :( I wish I still could.
I had given 8 gallons in the 80's, but got the flu shot once and they ran a test that came back inconclusive and put me on a literal blacklist so I'm unable to donate anymore. You can give once every 56 days. I am O Neg which is the universal donor and CMV Neg which meant my blood went to Preemie's. So I was motivated to give as much as possible. I guess that would go on the Unhappy Thread. Oh well

@JoeMO sorry to hear that they declared your blood unfit for the tiny humans. If it makes you feel better I'll take a pint or 2. Full moons coming up....

Old man big dog vs young man hybrid! 😉
He hits the hybrid 40 yards past my driver. He hit his driver further than 95% of touring pros until a couple years ago.

We played Firestone South a few year ago right before the invitational and our forecaddie said Doug hit drives in places Tiger and Phil never hit it.

He hits the hybrid 40 yards past my driver. He hit his driver further than 95% of touring pros until a couple years ago.

We played Firestone South a few year ago right before the invitational and our forecaddie said Doug hit drives in places Tiger and Phil never hit it.
He probably hits it 80 yards past my driver then! 😂

I had given 8 gallons in the 80's, but got the flu shot once and they ran a test that came back inconclusive and put me on a literal blacklist so I'm unable to donate anymore. You can give once every 56 days. I am O Neg which is the universal donor and CMV Neg which meant my blood went to Preemie's. So I was motivated to give as much as possible. I guess that would go on the Unhappy Thread. Oh well
I’m O+.

The local B&M that I visit the most, Triple Leaf, bought two of my metal prints of the St. Louis skyline to hang in the lounge. The first one is from an event called, Picnic at the Riverfront (24X30) where they shot the fireworks at 8:30 instead of 9:30 so the sunset was in the image. The second is from right next to the river called April Arch (30X15) and is a 75-second exposure. If you follow the yellow lines from right to left, they are from the boat going down the river. I'll follow up with a picture when they hang them.

9-6WeeblyBurstsThreePlusTif.jpg1920AprilArch75secX2016.jpg

Dad things.

As a dad right of passage I feel it's necessary to act as if I have no sense at all to get a rise out of the children.

Example: last night we are all getting ready for bed. My boys doors are across from each other's bed rooms, and the bathroom is at the end of the hall. So I wander into my older son's room and just stand in the doorway looking confused.

He looks up at me and can see the dumbfounded look in my eyes and knows something is up. He says "Dad it's time for bed! What are you doing?" And so I tell him I was on my way to the bathroom and got lost...

The younger boy of 5 starts laughing from his room and the older takes my hand and leads me to the bathroom. I thank him and he does that exasperated sigh thing, I laughed then told him goodnight as the younger son's giggle's start to taper off. Just another typical night in our household.

I have entries for both the Happy and Unhappy threads, but they are intertwined with each other. So, I'll just list them here:

Good: Went to Brugge for the weekend

Bad: Traffic down there was horrendous, with people fleeing from the floods to the east

Good: The hotel grounds had an amazing walking trail and landscaping for dog walks (and people walks, I suppose)

Bad: Woke up this morning with a severe eye issue in my right eye. Either something was embedded in it, or I had an infection. Either way, I couldn't keep it open, it watered like crazy, and my vision in it was nonexistent.

Bad: We couldn't find an eye doc to see me down there, so we decided to cut the trip early and come home.

Bad: My wife had to drive home.

Good: I guess with my eye watering so bad the whole 2.5 hr trip home, whatever was in there dislodged, and by the time we got home, my eye looked and felt 10,000x better than when we left.

Bad: We couldn't find an eye doc to see me down there, so we decided to cut the trip early and come home. Where I was miraculously able to see again. :/

Good: I somehow logged 11 kilometers on the Rolling Hate Machine of Tears upstairs whilst watching the F1 sprint race and an episode of Netflix. ELEVEN!

Good: I'm home for V-Herf Date Night tonight!

We finished yesterday 2 points off the lead in our flight. Today has been canceled due to rain and the existing scores will be used. I missed a short birdie putt on our last hole which would have put us in first.

SHIT!
In the money or no?

@kann
I was working on bag mounts for my motorcycle and got a piece of steel in my eye once. When they dig it out your awake and watching.i developed a rust ring too, but it's all good now and the bike bag mounts turned out great!20210518_203448.jpg20200716_204314.jpg

Last edited:
Bosses at my job contemplating allowing work from home which I've been doing since 2002, 19 years. For some reason COVID has "reset" my original agreement and now I am jockeying for the privilege like everyone else. Home is here:
That view is unreal, so beautiful.

Bosses at my job contemplating allowing work from home which I've been doing since 2002, 19 years. For some reason COVID has "reset" my original agreement and now I am jockeying for the privilege like everyone else. Home is here:
Where are you? Is that overlooking a runway?