• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Dropped my doggo off at the Daycare place today. My wife and I think he would be a lot happier if we bought him there once a week going forward so he gets more interaction with other doggo's and a lot more exercise. Tuesday's are "obstacle course day" at the daycare so we will try this for a while.

I fixed Izzy up a little bit. I fixed the body damage from a head on collision, I rewired everything, I covered the seats, I painted her, and added a few decals.

Previous paint job.
Izzy painted reduced.jpg

New paint job
2022-6.jpg

I took my car to a guy who does some work on it and we noticed a broken sway bar link. He said it would be $100 - $125 for the part, and $50 labor.

I found the part for $29 and replaced it in 10 minutes. He won't be getting any more of my business but I am happy I got it fixed cheap and easy!

He was going to do it for $150 and you are mad? If its a business, he needs to make $150 to even bother talking to you. That doesn't even cover his insurance for the time you were asking him questions.

I took my car to a guy who does some work on it and we noticed a broken sway bar link. He said it would be $100 - $125 for the part, and $50 labor.

I found the part for $29 and replaced it in 10 minutes. He won't be getting any more of my business but I am happy I got it fixed cheap and easy!
$50 labor is a steal. Did you purchase the same exact part he was going to use, or did you go for a cheap-o Dorman vice authentic OEM part? There's definitely something to be said about fixing something yourself, for sure. I try to do so whenever possible just for the feeling of satisfaction, if nothing else. Glad you were able to save the money and do it yourself, but don't be too hard on a dude just trying to run a business in today's economy.

$50 labor is a steal. Did you purchase the same exact part he was going to use, or did you go for a cheap-o Dorman vice authentic OEM part? There's definitely something to be said about fixing something yourself, for sure. I try to do so whenever possible just for the feeling of satisfaction, if nothing else not a steal. Glad you were able to save the money and do it yourself, but don't be too hard on a dude just trying to run a business in today's economy.
I call bull shit Nick. The $50 labor for a 10 minute job is not a steal. And I checked the parts place he buys from and theirs was $45.