• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I spent this past week in San Diego at a conference... it was held at a resort on the water, so there were some great views. It was actually a good conference, and a great way to recharge.

Morning coffee view:
View attachment 79203

Evening view... the resort was non-smoking, and CA beaches are the same, but you will be happy to know I chose a life of crime...
View attachment 79204
Ca. should try a no crime policy instead of no smoking!:cool:

I almost posted this in the UNhappy thread because of the cost of new vehicles.

After two years of "looking", we finally found one with good paint (not that fugly mud paint) sitting on a local car lot. Under MSRP, and a decent trade amount. Still (in my mind) the MSRP was very steep.

Waaay too many options, but it appears that they're all like that nowadays. Hell, it even has free Sirius and Alexa for three years.
A bunch of chrome would have been nice. Grumble grumble.

New Truck.jpg

After two years of "looking", we finally found one with good paint (not that fugly mud paint) sitting on a local car lot. Under MSRP, and a decent trade amount. Still (in my mind) the MSRP was very steep.

Waaay too many options, but it appears that they're all like that nowadays. Hell, it even has free Sirius and Alexa for three years.

View attachment 79420
That's a good looking truck! I'm not a brand loyalist, but Ford has never really done anything outside of the Raptor that has appealed to me. That's really good looking, though! Congratulations on the new wheels. You are right, though, that all vehicles are getting ridiculously priced, anymore.

View attachment 79420
Great Color, Husker Red!!!

To share some of the stuff that I’ve experienced at work, I had a patient that had a heart attack during a kidney transplant on Christmas, that I expected to never make it out of the hospital, take her first steps today. Freaking miracle if I’ve ever seen one. I got to be her Nurse today. Dry March ends today.

My daughter is in Germany this week participating in Model Senate for DoDEA schools in Europe. I cannot tell you how ridiculously proud of her I am; a year ago she would not have even walked into that room, let alone stand up in front of 200 students and adults and lobby for and defend a bill that she researched and wrote. For those of you who know what we have gone through the past few years, this is HUGE, and it makes me so happy for her. She is representing Kati Britt from Alabammer, but that's a different post for the Unhappy Thread... 🤣

d46d039b-cdcf-49b5-a703-31a4009839c2.jpeg

The story of me and the PSD4 has developed a life of it's own. Partly because it's a worthy story and partly because @jfields has made reference to it a few dozen times. Steve @Eqwhipped brought me one last Saturday when a few of us got together and it was fantastic. Thanks Steve!

The dutch oven, peppers and onions, hot and sweet Italian sausages made for some happiness as well.

1709817120034.png

You are welcome my friend, it was my pleasure for sure. The food was absolutely the best sausages I have ever had, must be the cast iron and open fire.

My daughter is in Germany this week participating in Model Senate for DoDEA schools in Europe. I cannot tell you how ridiculously proud of her I am; a year ago she would not have even walked into that room, let alone stand up in front of 200 students and adults and lobby for and defend a bill that she researched and wrote. For those of you who know what we have gone through the past few years, this is HUGE, and it makes me so happy for her. She is representing Kati Britt from Alabammer, but that's a different post for the Unhappy Thread... 🤣

View attachment 79601
Awesome!!!! Tell her Congratulations from me!!! That is HUGE! 95% of adults couldn't do that.