• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hello from Tatuaje

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like this is all wrapped up so I am sure Al is getting a little bored with the thread.

I have to run a few errands so gimme a while.

I am shocked.

A supplier turning down business on pride, or is it?

What am I missing, is there something we don't know, something so bad that the vendor will not supply the retailer...right now I don't get it. Will someone enlighten me.

Brian

Pete's going to e-mail me about it? I won't hold my breath.

He's training for fighting in the UFC ?? What?? I honestly knew there was something up because no business man could possibly be this bad at business unless there's a big distraction. I was just hoping it wasn't a divorce, alcohol, or drugs. Those tend to completely destroy a business. At least he can quit the UFC.

Pete, you make cigars. You don't fight in the UFC. No offense, but that's just ridiculous. Look at the following you have. What are you trying to prove? A hobby is fine, but it's fairly obvious it's getting in the way of your business. I'm not being a dick - I'm trying to talk some sense to you. You're a cigar celebrity. Enjoy that and enjoy your newly found fame. Why do you want to get knocked out in front of the entire world? Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE UFC, K1, MMA fan. But that's entertainment - not reality. Get ringside seats and a concealed weapons permit. Don't go get your teeth knocked out.

This reminds me of when Michael Jordan went to play baseball. Or when William Shatner decided to release a CD (yes - he released a musical CD and he "sings"). Or when John Lennon was shot instead of Yoko... WHY!?

J

I am shocked.

A supplier turning down business on pride,
or is it?

What am I missing, is there something we don't know, something so bad that the vendor will not supply the retailer...right now I don't get it. Will someone enlighten me.

Brian

It's happened before..it'll happen again!

Pete,

I am sorry to see all of this come to light or unfold as it has. Needless to say Wyatt hit the nail on the head in stating this is like a divorce that Mom and Pop are going through and the kids are the ones to made suffer.

See how many are reading this thread:

30 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
28 Members: Putz Mulligan, puffstuff, BlindedByScience, tkoepp, Ounceman, Brickhouse, Strayvector, TugBoat, KeyserSoze, bfisher88, Infinity, tatuaje, amateuraficionado, grateful1, Satchmo, LouTam, jkim05, BobbyRitz, actin4life, Boomer52, botl43, rob300c, Ashtonlady, tomthirtysix, TexCigars, nfulton, Swissy, rbbrock

He's training for fighting in the UFC ?? What?? I honestly knew there was something up because no business man could possibly be this bad at business unless there's a big distraction. I was just hoping it wasn't a divorce, alcohol, or drugs. Those tend to completely destroy a business. At least he can quit the UFC.

Pete, you make cigars. You don't fight in the UFC. No offense, but that's just ridiculous. Look at the following you have. What are you trying to prove? I hobby is fine, but it's fairly obvious it's getting in the way of your business. I'm not being a dick - I'm trying to talk some sense to you. You're a cigar celebrity. Enjoy that and enjoy your newly found fame. Why do you want to get knocked out in front of the entire world? Dont' get me wrong, I'm a HUGE UFC, K1, MMA fan. But that's entertainment - not reality. Get ringside seats and a concealed weapons permit. Don't go get your teeth knocked out.

This reminds me of when Michael Jordan went to play baseball. Or when William Shatner decided to release a CD (yes - he released a musical CD and he "sings"). Or when John Lennon was shot instead of Yoko... WHY!?

J

Good GOD! You must be an OLD FART!

Like I said, a professional product manager could handle all this shit and save everyone's ego. He can stick to marketing and whitening his teeth.

You're a cigar celebrity

orly-750116.jpg

Pete, you make cigars. You don't fight in the UFC. No offense, but that's just ridiculous. Look at the following you have. What are you trying to prove? A hobby is fine, but it's fairly obvious it's getting in the way of your business. I'm not being a dick - I'm trying to talk some sense to you. You're a cigar celebrity. Enjoy that and enjoy your newly found fame. Why do you want to get knocked out in front of the entire world? Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE UFC, K1, MMA fan. But that's entertainment - not reality. Get ringside seats and a concealed weapons permit. Don't go get your teeth knocked out.

Bro, not taking sides, but you obviously aren't aware that there are many many gyms that train for MMA. Just b/c you train, doesn't mean you're going to fight UFC.

Umm... Pete says,

"What is "Heavy Headed", someone asked. When you are in initial training for UFC and Mixed Martial Arts, you head gets pounded a bit and your head get very heavy. I am only in 8 weeks so far. It has two meanings for me right now, the other is explained below."

He says he is 8 weeks in for his initial training for the UFC. At least that is how I read it. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Secondly, I'm very well aware of the fact that there are many gyms that train for MMA. Very, very well aware of that, my friend.

I just discovered this brand!

Holy sh*t.... I'm so depressed now!

Does this go for DPG too? :(

You know i may be a newbie but after reading this im soo depressed too. I just had my tatuje and im not saying i will never smoke them again but reading your typing, you make me think twice of ever buying your product again. For one towards the beginning of all this i posted that i just tried your brand and really enjoyed it and instead of acknowledging a new client, you go on to rant at the alleged injustices towards you. (Strike one) Then the tone of your postings come off rude, granted this is a post and writings have no true infliction because the readers have to picture it themselves and a human will see that this is a back and forth posting war and will put a negative infliction on the writings. (Strike two) However, to also say that you will not participate on this board because of your ill content with a couple of members is wrong. There are many newbie’s on here that may not know your product and might want to try it but you’re casting them aside. For a man who wants his business to grow, this truly is not the way to do it. As they say, one happy customer may tell 2 people but an upset customer will tell 100. (Strike three…i’m out)

sorry my .02 even if it aint worth anything

Umm... Pete says,

"What is "Heavy Headed", someone asked. When you are in initial training for UFC and Mixed Martial Arts, you head gets pounded a bit and your head get very heavy. I am only in 8 weeks so far. It has two meanings for me right now, the other is explained below."

He says he is 8 weeks in for his initial training for the UFC. At least that is how I read it. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Secondly, I'm very well aware of the fact that there are many gyms that train for MMA. Very, very well aware of that, my friend.

I took that statement as referring to what he was training for, not him fighting UFC. If you told most people that you were in MMA training, they'd look at you funny. If you mentioned that you're training for UFC, most would understand.

Unless I read it completely wrong, which could very well be the case.

J

Sorry guy but you misunderstood me about the UFC thing. I training with guys that I working on sponsoring. Trust me, I ain't getting in the ring, I am just training. The training is hard enough.
My wife's cousin is a fighter. I will not mention his name because some of you would probably trash him also.

Tex, I will be sending you an email......

Pete

Welcome to the Cigar Mfg's forum.....Now, what did I miss?! :rolleyes:

Al,

As much as I have been talking to people and my sales rep about contacting you and hashing things out lately. I am sorry that you had to post those things.

Pete

Might be a little late coming in on this thread as it seems to have taken off like a lighting bolt. But I want to chime in on this one, as I feel Pete deserves it from one side of the fence. Which is the only one I can give. My perspective from my limited view point..

For what it's worth. I had a long conversation with Pet on this subject at the herf at Club Caribe. Pet told me exactly what he said above. That he was waiting for things to cool down, till he felt that he could approach Al and work things out with him. As he considered Al a friend as well as the guy over at NewHavana. I looked to see what was going on with the blow out, and probed the issue pretty well actually.

Not once did he bad mouth Al.. He did say he was out to protect his brand and price point standards. This I would expect from any one standing were Pete is standing right now in life..
To end my two cents on the subject. I came to respect the man all the more, for how he did come across and try and handle a delicate situation. When I pressed him on the subject.. Thats actually what I was looking for.. He showed himself in the end to be very professional and a stand up guy as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't feel it was my place to start talking about it to other's. Sounds like something that in the end needs to be taken off the board and handled personally between the two of them..

There end's my two cents, worth about a half a penny in today's day and age.. :cool:

Oh and by the way, as an edit to my post.. This is the hundredth post on this thread.. What did I win :p

Status
Not open for further replies.