• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help a newb spend his money

Now if we could just get your taste in NFL teams to evolve.;)
I'm committed at this point, and yes, that has a double meeting. I consider myself an honorary Steelers fan too though after taking my son to a game there, so at least they're good. Oh wait...

OP, I'd recommend a Partagas SD4.

Cheers for the replies to date.

Turns out buying boxes is easy, but singles is a bit more challenging. Tupperdors arrive tomorrow, so plenty of time yet!

Talking prices is ok?

Romeo Y Julieta - Can get a lot of their sticks under 10€ - worth considering? I'll copy some names across, excuse the font...

ROMEO Y JULIETA CEDROS DE LUXE NO. 3 €9,40​

ROMEO Y JULIETA MILLE FLEUR €5,20​

No.1 €7.60
No.2 €7.10
No.3 €6.40

These come in the white metal tubes. I had one of these probably 10 years back, but I remember paying 25 for 2. Local independent shop mind, so maybe I just overpaid.

Some Petit Churchills, Coronas, Julieta and Royals - again all under €10

Romeo Y Julieta - Can get a lot of their sticks under 10€ - worth considering? I'll copy some names across, excuse the font...

ROMEO Y JULIETA CEDROS DE LUXE NO. 3 €9,40​

ROMEO Y JULIETA MILLE FLEUR €5,20​

No.1 €7.60
No.2 €7.10
No.3 €6.40

These come in the white metal tubes. I had one of these probably 10 years back, but I remember paying 25 for 2. Local independent shop mind, so maybe I just overpaid.

Some Petit Churchills, Coronas, Julieta and Royals - again all under €10
Those prices seem fair for a B&M. Only slightly higher than what could be found online.

So from that link you sent me might I suggest….

Dominican:
Fuente Anejo 888
Fuente Anejo Shark
Fuente Don Carlos Robusto r50
Fuente Rosado Magnum r 44 thru 56
Any Ashton VSG
Davidoff Gran Cru No. 2
Davidoff Millenium Robusto or Petit Corona
Any La Flor Dominica

Nicaraguan:
Illusione Epernay Grande or Le Petit
Any My Father Le Bijou
Any Olivia V Especially the Lancero or Melano
Tatuaje Gran Cojonu

Honduras:
Those Camacho Liberty (Various Years)
Camacho Triple Maduro

There are other you might find that you like not listed here, but these are a start. Opus X is a great Dominican brand, but IMO not as good as it used to be and not worth what they are charging ($45.00 for a Double Corona).

A reasonable Cuban to start with that I recommend, is a box of Upmann Half Corona (25) $125 ($5 each)
A good cigar to start with and good price. Better than the R&J Mille Fleur IMHO

If your up to buying a small box of 10, a much better cigar is the Partigas D 4. Will give you 40 minutes of puffing.
For $120 box. That is 7 hours of excellent cigar smoking.

Again much appreciated. Will reply in more detail later, food to cook!

A reasonable Cuban to start with that I recommend, is a box of Upmann Half Corona (25) $125 ($5 each)
A good cigar to start with and good price. Better than the R&J Mille Fleur IMHO

If your up to buying a small box of 10, a much better cigar is the Partigas D 4. Will give you 40 minutes of puffing.
For $120 box. That is 7 hours of excellent cigar smoking.
I've a D4 and D5 in my sampler. As of right now boxes isn't a route I'm going to go down. I could buy 10 and hate them and that leaves me an issue with what to do with them. I don't know anyone else who smokes and trades would be difficult given my location.

John - as I said via PM TYVM!

Your little list certainly spent my money quickly!

I've not ordered yet as I need to figure out what to do with the tupperdors. They arrived this morning, so I unboxed them and threw a 65% Boveda in each one.

Do I need an RH meter in each tupperdor?
Cigars can sit on the boveda pack? (cello attached)

I can either put them in a cupboard (my whiskey bar) or in the wine cooler. Issue with the cupboard is the chance of temp swings. The room they'll be in isn't very well insulated so temps will drop to the 50s overnight/heated to the mid 70s once winter sets in. It's a 300 year old farmhouse, so it's not exactly up to modern day insulation standards...

Lots of great double box deals out there, under $300. Partagas shorts, Monte #5 and RyJ Coronitas en cedro.

HIX: Well you have a sampler of 2 the D 4 AND D cigars it’s always a better idea to try what you have at hand before you state…..
’‘“. I could buy 10 and hate them and that leaves me an issue with what to do with them’”
ITS TIME TO TRY ONE ☝️👍🤪

Not into buying boxes atm @bfreebern - certainly down the line for sure. Do love a bargain, so I will hit you up when the time comes :D

@Oldmancigar - yeah I know. I'm still looking at whats best in terms of storage atm don't want to spend a load and end up throwing them due to lack of knowledge.

Still need to find reasonably priced (and small) RH meters if I need one in each tupperdore else I'm losing valuable storage space! I was pointed towards Govee, but they're 20/each - that's a decent chunk off my budget if I buy 8.

Not into buying boxes atm @bfreebern - certainly down the line for sure. Do love a bargain, so I will hit you up when the time comes :D

@Oldmancigar - yeah I know. I'm still looking at whats best in terms of storage atm don't want to spend a load and end up throwing them due to lack of knowledge.

Still need to find reasonably priced (and small) RH meters if I need one in each tupperdore else I'm losing valuable storage space! I was pointed towards Govee, but they're 20/each - that's a decent chunk off my budget if I buy 8.
Buy a small cooler with a good seal. Works as well or better than Tupperware and you only need 1 humidity source and hygro. And if you decide cigars aren't your thing, you've got a cooler that you can always find a use for.

Does anyone from the Newbie Trade Sampler group ever ship international to Europe?
That would be a great way to get your feet wet here and try some new cigars at a really fair price. I will admit that I don’t have my ear to the ground when it comes to what’s hot in the current NC cigar market. Other than Rojas that is.

Buy a small cooler with a good seal. Works as well or better than Tupperware and you only need 1 humidity source and hygro. And if you decide cigars aren't your thing, you've got a cooler that you can always find a use for.
I have an 18 count wine cooler. So an idea could be to use the tupperware as storage (minus lid) and just throw in some 65% Boveda? Each shelf will hold 2 of the 7" tupperwares. Not pretty but effective. Down the line could swap out the metal racks for cedar - or buy a proper cooled humidor.
Does anyone from the Newbie Trade Sampler group ever ship international to Europe?
That would be a great way to get your feet wet here and try some new cigars at a really fair price. I will admit that I don’t have my ear to the ground when it comes to what’s hot in the current NC cigar market. Other than Rojas that is.
I did ask, but only got one reply, and that was a no.

I'm probably better off joining a more local forum for such things. I like the vibe here though. It's pretty much an online cigar lounge.

I have an 18 count wine cooler. So an idea could be to use the tupperware as storage (minus lid) and just throw in some 65% Boveda? Each shelf will hold 2 of the 7" tupperwares. Not pretty but effective. Down the line could swap out the metal racks for cedar - or buy a proper cooled humidor.

I did ask, but only got one reply, and that was a no.

I'm probably better off joining a more local forum for such things. I like the vibe here though. It's pretty much an online cigar lounge.
Are you running the wine cooler? If it's cooling a bunch, depending what style it is, can be really tough to keep a stable humidity. I don't have to really worry about temp in my basement, so I used one unplugged for a long time that was great, but eventually too small.

Yeah it runs pretty stable temp wise. Bumped it up to 18c and stays there even with just the one bottle in.

Yeah it runs pretty stable temp wise. Bumped it up to 18c and stays there even with just the one bottle in.
Test it for a couple days with some Boveda in there (salt test your hygrometer first of you haven't) and see how it does then.

I need to buy one. Looking for one with a half decent error margin. Most seem to be +-5RH which is poor.

If I need to only buy one then I guess I can go up in price range a bit. Wasnt going to spend 30 for every tupperdore!