• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HELP!

PhatAsh

The Bionic Poster
can someone help me!? I need some place to generate a website or at least some place where I can post pics so I can direct them here! Help Please.

PhatAsh said:
can someone help me!? I need some place to generate a website or at least some place where I can post pics so I can direct them here! Help Please.
you can sign up for a free place to post photos at photos.yahoo.com

I am sorry for being so dumb on this subject!

What is the charge for DaveWF's web service, does anyone know?

the thing with the free websites is that they limit the size of the file you can upload, which sucks.

which is why i got my own domain and hosting service.
5 bucks a month, but well worht it.

Not that you need more choices - but here are some useful links:

The first is a little searchable directory that I found that lets you find sites that handle photo storage (both free and pay). I have no idea if the directory is kept up to date, but it is just one of those things I ran across in a google search and kept bookmarked (sites of this type go up and down, especially the free ones - not a very predictable business model... ;) )

Photo Directory Page

The second link is the site I currently use for photos. No particular reason why I chose this one, it was just the first one I ran across that was free and had the specs I needed (it allows individual images to be up to 250K, a total of 100MB space, and direct linking - perfect for Ebay or posting pictures to boards like this, and the 100MB limit means you can leave stuff up a long time if you're not a heavy user - and you can just open another account if you are). Despite the ugly interface, it is very very simple to use (especially for direct linkers) - and is actually one of the highest traffic sites used by ebay users. Free site, funded by optional donations from users.

Photobucket Web Site

Cheers and good luck,

- Oak