• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

hmmmmmmm

I would strongly reccomend that if you have a recent join date you read this thread and refrain from commenting.

I explained what I was doing and that I was encouraged to do so. (BTW ironpeddler can jump in here anytime and back me up) I don't appreciate being accused of stealing bandwith? from rod in order to just be a post whore

Lest it be lost in all the asshattery, Suggesting that someone become a post whore to get noticed or accepted ain't cool either. Perhaps the suggestion was mis-interpreted. At over 100 post a month in his three month tenure, the above mentioned person could be considdered a post whore, but my recolection of his posts is that they for the most part had substance to them.

Nothing wrong with flapping gums when you can bring something to the table, otherwise, sitting back and listening is a much better idea.

Excellent point, Matt. Encouraging a newer member to post, just for the sake of increasing post count is poor advice. I don't know if this happened or not, but if it did, then Brazilla was misguided.

That does NOT excuse his other errant behaviors in this thread, though.

I explained what I was doing and that I was encouraged to do so. (BTW ironpeddler can jump in here anytime and back me up) I don't appreciate being accused of stealing bandwith? from rod in order to just be a post whore

Lest it be lost in all the asshattery, Suggesting that someone become a post whore to get noticed or accepted ain't cool either. Perhaps the suggestion was mis-interpreted. At over 100 post a month in his three month tenure, the above mentioned person could be considdered a post whore, but my recolection of his posts is that they for the most part had substance to them.

Nothing wrong with flapping gums when you can bring something to the table, otherwise, sitting back and listening is a much better idea.

Excellent point, Matt. Encouraging a newer member to post, just for the sake of increasing post count is poor advice. I don't know if this happened or not, but if it did, then Brazilla was misguided.

That does NOT excuse his other errant behaviors in this thread, though.

I don't know. He did mention he wasn't a kid and Rod has the rules posted clearly.

edit: for easier reading.

This goes double if the member giving the advice has been here a year or less. ;)

I would strongly reccomend that if you have a recent join date you read this thread and refrain from commenting.
X2.... you aren't doing anything to make yourself look better by adding on. This thread needs to die it's death and we don't need some newbs drawing it out.

X2.... you aren't doing anything to make yourself look better by adding on. This thread needs to die it's death and we don't need some newbs drawing it out.

Spoken from experience for all you archive readers out there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry Brian, couldn't resist

Spoken from experience for all you archive readers out there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry Brian, couldn't resist
LOL....no doubt. I was one of the worst about this before getting some "guidence" from a few FOG's. Dammit Matt.... :laugh:

Not that this means sh!t at this point, but I had the opportunity to sit down and smoke with Bear this weekend at a local get together. He's a good guy. We had some great smokes and conversation as well. Its unfortunate that all of this went down the way that it did. I feel like there might have been a whole lot of misunderstanding, poor form and possibly even some sh!ty advice giving going on here. None the less, I think Bear has decided to move on.... for now at least.

I can't believe I missed this thread for so long... ???

mac

There are a couple of great orientation type threads (bbguide, etc.) for people to read when joining this community. However, none compare to this for educating my fellow newbies as to the perils of mistaking an internet community for swimming. Clearly, here it is best to stick your toes in first and enter gradually.
Hell, even Ginseng/Wilkey got medieval (well, at least his equivalent of medieval :) ) in this case. I may not have decades under my belt here but I have read enough to see that Wilkey is a gentleman and "benefit-of-the-doubt-giver" of the highest order.
To be sure, the cory/pats thread is a more action-packed meltdown. Still, this one should be pinned to the top of the Intro room of every forum of any type.
There is one thing though that did disappoint me about this thread. One comment made would have very quickly become the proverbial dead horse in the other forums I've seen: How is that no one questioned why Whopper (post #100) thought Brazilia might deserve a "happy ending" :blush:

The Resurrection... :whistling:

mac
Frankenstein.jpg

Hell, even Ginseng/Wilkey got medieval (well, at least his equivalent of medieval :) ) in this case.
Thanks for the morning chuckle, sock. :thumbs:

Now I have that scene from Pulp Fiction with Ving Rhames, and, well you know. :laugh:

Wilkey

Hell, even Ginseng/Wilkey got medieval (well, at least his equivalent of medieval :) ) in this case.
Thanks for the morning chuckle, sock. :thumbs:

Now I have that scene from Pulp Fiction with Ving Rhames, and, well you know. :laugh:

Wilkey

To quote a fellow named Timmy from another board*:

BLECH!
:(

* are there other boards? :whistling:

Wilkey, pembrook, do you think the guy from grateful1's post (88) will come out of retirement to return in Pulp Fiction 2 as the Gimp?

DOUBLE BLECH :laugh:

Souldog, I am sorry if I my comment didn't clearly express my thoughts.
My intent was not to stir coals and I cetainly I hope that I haven't.
Based on your posts, particularly where you pointed out that this was a chess amtch worth observing, I would have thought that you too agreed that this was a noteworthy thread.

Over the recent half year I've become increasingly interested in this community and I have therefore been reading alot of the goings on here. I've read the instructional threads and I've seen much advice both implicit and explicit given.
My point was simple. IMHO, a careful reading and understanding of this thread will do any newbie good as there is much to learn from it. It is not my place to chime in with my thoughts on the story and therefore I didn't.
If this thread had passion-filled confrontations that best be left buried I probably would have refrained from commenting and thereby topping the thread.
If I was out of line I apologize and would appreciate any member elucidating either here or in private.

PS Sorry I mangled your name pembroke3355 :)

My point was simple. IMHO, a careful reading and understanding of this thread will do any newbie good as there is much to learn from it.

Hey Sock,

I had no malicious intent in my post, I was just wondering why you resurrected it. I didn't fully understand your answer the first time, and now I do. Enough said, and thanks. :D :thumbs:

-Jonathan

Of all the threads to open up after being away so long. Boy have I missed not being here. Funny how some things just never change even as the years go bye.

I"m BAAAACK!

The Mayor
BenjieV :cool: