• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Well, I wouldn't throw out my razors if I were you Kings fans. They've got about as much chance as getting to the conference finals as Doc's Bruins do of making the playoffs. :sign:

Looks like your Flyers are golden Jonesy if they can get a split on the weekend.

I have my feet firmly planted on ground, RG. I don't expect a cup this season, and even by Dean Lombardi's own words he didn't expect this team to challenge for the conference lead. We're playing with house money right now and it feels damn good to have something to be excited about. Gonna be a tough 1st round, that's for sure.

Looking at the top 4 in the West though I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see LA make it out of the first round. Especially if they can top Detroit and sit in 5th to play the Coyotes. And don't mind me, I'm just a bitter, jealous Leaf fan.

Well, I wouldn't throw out my razors if I were you Kings fans. They've got about as much chance as getting to the conference finals as Doc's Bruins do of making the playoffs.
sign.gif

Looks like your Flyers are golden Jonesy if they can get a split on the weekend.

If the Bruins can get four of a possible six points here in these final three games, they will clinch a playoff spot regardless of what the Habs, Flyers and Rangers do. I have my doubts, especiall with the B's injury riddled blue line. But, it's not out of the realm of possibility. But even if they do, they're four and out. I see the Leafs lost last night giving the Bruins the second best chance in the lottery for the number one pick.
biggrin.gif

Doc.

And we may see Burke's head explode if the Bruins get #1. Although it's a moot point as all the experts agree both Hall and Seguin are inter changeable (Seguin just over took Hall for #1 with central scouting) as sure things and are more 1 and 1A picks than 1 and 2.

I miss having a rooting interest in the playoffs. :(

Well I'll be a son of a sea witch. Bruins beat the Sabers 3-1. Weidman, the most despised of Bruins, got the game winner. Lots of folks choking on their spit over that one.
laugh.gif

Doc.

Bruins scored 3 short handed goals in 1:04. No one seems to know if that's a record.

Doc.

Well, it all comes down to tomorrow for me. The way the FlyBoys have been playing, they may just watch the playoffs from the same seat I do.

Well, it's confirmed, it is a record. The B's clinch a playoff spot and if the fuggin' Leafs can beat the hated Habs we'll be the sixth seed and play a team we have a chance of beatin'.

Doc.

Well, it's confirmed, it is a record. The B's clinch a playoff spot and if the fuggin' Leafs can beat the hated Habs we'll be the sixth seed and play a team we have a chance of beatin'.

Doc.

I can only hope the Habs lose to the Leafs and the Flyers beat the Rangers tomorrow. If that happens, we get the Devils, who we own this year.

That also depends if the Devils stay at 2...

Doc.

3 short-handed goals on the same penalty kill?? Incredible! Of course, it was against Carolina so there probably should be an asterisk in the record book. :laugh:

Doc.

They annouced this at the KINGS game today and I think that I was the only one in my section that heard it, or at least that cared. I am glad they confirmed that it is a record. That is amazing. Can't wait to watch NHL on the fly tonight to check it out. Good luck in the playoffs.

Thank you Evander Kane, for cold cocking Matt Cooke. What a right cross this 18 yr old has. You can watch the video here. Just scroll down a bit.

My link

Doc.

Jody Shelley doesn't score in a year and now scores in back to back games against the Flyers....:rolleyes:

Thank you Evander Kane, for cold cocking Matt Cooke. What a right cross this 18 yr old has. You can watch the video here. Just scroll down a bit.

My link

Doc.

HA HA, that's great. And you know, I bet everyone on the Penguins was smiling inside as well once they saw he wasn't seriously hurt. Some of the comments they made after his hit on Savard it was clear they didn't think much of him. Some of the rumours we saying many of his teammates have been getting tired of his antics all year.

My link

Doc.

That was a pretty awesome punch! The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Cookie!!

To a shoot out Jonesy...thank fully the Flyers goalie situation is so sound...

Wouldn't have bet on that ending.

To a shoot out Jonesy...thank fully the Flyers goalie situation is so sound...

Wouldn't have bet on that ending.

With Lunqvist making 46 saves, I would have never thought we could have beaten them in the shootout. Too bad I was at work and couldn't watch it.

I do have Center Ice so I can watch all the playoff games though!
thumbs-up.gif

My link

Doc.

I bet Kane gets one of the loudest ovations ever heard in Boston when the Thrashers come up there next year.

That's what Cooke gets for going after an 18 year old kid he thinks won't go with him!