• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

Agreed. If ovi deserved the suspension, Bobby Ryan should have gotten one for his late charge on Oscar Moller, which sent him into the boards the same way campbell went in.

Ferni

Wiz suspended 8 for the hit on Seabrook???? c'mon.

Wisniewski, who was suspended for two games last October 31 for a hit on Shane Doan of the Coyotes, now is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

"Mr. Wisniewski delivered a retaliatory hit to the head of an opponent who never had
possession of the puck," said Colin Campbell, NHL Senior Executive Vice President of
Hockey Operations. "The fact that Mr. Wisniewski is a repeat offender also entered into this
decision."

“I am truly sorry that my friend Brent Seabrook was hurt on the play," Wisniewski said in a statement. "I certainly wish him the best. I am, however, very disappointed in the length of the suspension. Eight games is incredibly hard to swallow, especially in comparison to other recent hits that have resulted in lesser punishment.”

Got to love how everyone is getting shown as an example of how Mr. Colon messed up by not suspending Cooke... Bastard.

Ferni

I disagree. After the hit Brian Campbell took and his injuries, something this blatant would have earned Wiz at least 4 or 5 games last year or 4 years ago in a similar situation due to Chicago being a young team the league is trying to promote and as an original six team when it does well the league does well. The league takes car of it's star players and TV revenue generating teams. That Oct 31 incident isn't the only other time Wiz had been suspended although due to the 46 or 48 game rule typically past incidents aren't typically 'officially' counted.

It's funny this year. If someone makes a hit, dirty or otherwise, and gets no punishment people get pissed at C. Campbell saying he's not doing enough and since the Richards' hit on Booth where Campbell didn't do anything he won't do anything now as he might make himself look bad. On the other hand when punishment is dished out people claim Campbell's over reacting due to hits like Richards and Cooke. Interesting thing though, Campbell had no input on the Richard's hit on Booth as his son plays for the Panthers.

So who needs all the March Madness stuff in college basketball? The NHL playoffs are around the corner and the west is REALLY tight this year once again. To my amazement the Yotes are in first place in the Pacific :0 . The sharks have hit a five game losing streak (did not see tonight's game though). The Avs are slipping a bit and need to winning against the Kings to hopefully hold of the Red Wings (*glares at Souldog*). These next two weeks are going to be EPIC to say the least.

Going back to the dirty hits topic real quick. Now the NHL made a rule and set it into effect back in the 2007 playoffs i believe, the one named the Sean Avery Rule. Now yes I know that he did was very childish, bad for the image of the NHL, blah blah blah. I find it hard to believe what he did is now against the rule and punishable yet hits to the head (and/or dirty plays where the player's head is the direct impact point) will be voted on in the summer, last I heard on the subject really. May be I'm just a kid in business school and all that jazz but I know you want to protect your assets and product yet the NHL seems not to care much for the players. Sorry just had to add my two cent rant to the topic. ???

Fuggin' Holmgren...I bet he's kicking himself in the ass for not trying harder to pry Tim Thomas away from the Bruins. Hell even trying to get Biron back would have been better than Boucher as the backup. Now he's our starter. Guess the Flyers will be the same place as me for the playoffs...on the couch.

Going back to the dirty hits topic real quick. Now the NHL made a rule and set it into effect back in the 2007 playoffs i believe, the one named the Sean Avery Rule. Now yes I know that he did was very childish, bad for the image of the NHL, blah blah blah. I find it hard to believe what he did is now against the rule and punishable yet hits to the head (and/or dirty plays where the player's head is the direct impact point) will be voted on in the summer, last I heard on the subject really. May be I'm just a kid in business school and all that jazz but I know you want to protect your assets and product yet the NHL seems not to care much for the players. Sorry just had to add my two cent rant to the topic. ???

Actually that rule wasn't a new rule. The league hadn't seen that behaviour before and just informed the players, teams and refs that those actions should be called under the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the future which already existed as it was obviously unsportsmanlike.

As for Boucher, well you can always hope he gets you to the playoffs where who knows, maybe he can get like 5 shut outs in a row or something. Although, 2004 was a long time ago.

Looks like it's between the Avs and the Flames in the West for the last spot. In the east there's 5 teams playing for 3 spots.

Who gets in in the West and who gets in in the East?

I'm picking the Flames and the Flyers Habs and my dark horse, the Rangers in the East.

Blackhawks tie with 20 seconds left and win the shot out. WHoo-Hoo :thumbs:

Sorry, I just have to hate the Avs. I hope the Flames clinch it.

Looks like it's between the Avs and the Flames in the West for the last spot. In the east there's 5 teams playing for 3 spots.

I'm picking the Flames and the Flyers Habs and my dark horse, the Rangers in the East.

I'm too emotionally involved to make rational choices. Hey, did you see Grapes last night with his Bruins and Blue tie?
rolleyes.gif

Doc.

Flyers are gonna play their way out of contention before they hit the home and home against the Rangers..

Flyers are gonna play their way out of contention before they hit the home and home against the Rangers..
Come on Brian...the Fliers did well last night! :laugh:

Whoever gets that last spot (NYR, PHL, ATL), the Fliers have the best shot at the Caps having played them tough all year....IF they get out of this scoring slump of theirs.

Obviously I hope they don't! :whistling:

Happy Easter!

I'm too emotionally involved to make rational choices. Hey, did you see Grapes last night with his Bruins and Blue tie?
rolleyes.gif

Doc.

Yeah, it was pretty shiny. You should drop him a note and see where you can get one. There's never a doubt about his favourite team. They're still bringing up his comments on NESN too.

It's too bad about the Flyers, they've got what should be a good play off team. Hopefully they'll get some goal tending this summer. Even though they had been owning the Leafs in the playoffs it'd be nice to see Richards and Carter do well.

Well, just watched the Flyers against the Wings and man what a strange game. Osgood starting after Howard's handled how many games? The guy hasn't played in a game since January! I wonder why Babcock sent him out instead of Jimmy? Anyways, that first goal was a wash, total rust on Ozzys wheels. The second one was a misread by Zetterberg that the Flyers capitalized on and made one in, so the hockey gods provided good luck for the Flyers. The second goal by the Wings was great to watch with a great hustle by everybody involved. The third one by the Wings is truly one of the great reasons I love hockey. Datysuk is on fire and a great puck handlers, and that shot was amazing.

All in all, the Wings are in 6th, going to the playoffs, and the Flyers are squeaking by in 8th place so suck on that Brian! :laugh: Hey, a flawless record since the Olympics? Ain't that bad of a streak for the Wings' hockey club after their year has been riddled with injuries. Now that they're back to full strength, hopefully they'll capture Lord Stanley this year.

All in all, the Wings are in 6th, going to the playoffs, and the Flyers are squeaking by in 8th place so suck on that Brian!
laugh.gif
Hey, a flawless record since the Olympics? Ain't that bad of a streak for the Wings' hockey club after their year has been riddled with injuries. Now that they're back to full strength, hopefully they'll capture Lord Stanley this year.
Flyers are in seventh...get your hockey numbers in order there son! Flawless?? Maybe until yesterday! Don't talk to me about inuries either...we've dressed 7 goalies this year and and our top point man is out. I'm pretty sure Boucher won't hold up against any of the playoff teams. My only hope is that we get the Devils in the first round. They're the only team we've realy owned this year.

Woohoo! First time growing a playoff beard! Got a ticket to game 3 in L.A. Now it's time to make up for that lacadaisical SO loss to Anaheim on Saturday. GO KINGS!

Woohoo! First time growing a playoff beard! Got a ticket to game 3 in L.A. Now it's time to make up for that lacadaisical SO loss to Anaheim on Saturday. GO KINGS!

Hm I think a playoff beard is a good call Black Cloud. Great to see the boys come back yesterday against the Ducks. Quick needs to step it up for the playoffs, but I know he is pretty much one of the reasons why the Kings are in the playoffs and not out of it. He is a great young goalie and hopefully he has some thing left in the tank. Congrads on scoring game three tickets this year. I remember getting into game 4 against the Red Wings in 2001. Man that game sucked until 7 minutes to go in the third I wonder if Souldog remembers? :thumbs:

Oh, I'm sure Jon does remember, though he might not cop to it (cop to it! hahah! I just made that up!) :laugh:

Yeah, Quicker has been a bit unsteady but I don't think he can be blamed much for last nights game. The whole team sucked in the 1st. Good on Ersberg for backstopping well. I know in the playoffs teams usually carry 3 goalies with them, so I assume Bernier will be in the house assuming he's not busy in Manchester.

Hey, everyone else...are we gonna do a SC playoff pool? I'd be down.

Hm I think a playoff beard is a good call Black Cloud.

Yes, I started growing my patches Sunday night. If by some chance we bring home the cup, it will stay on until the begining of next season.