• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

23 on D, 6 or so in goal. Hopefully they'll keep Kaberle.

Poor Buffalo needs an owner willing to spend. What a waste of management talent. One of these days MSG is gonna wise up and offer the Sabres $20 mill and a bag of pucks for Rieger and Ruff to run the Rangers. Yah I know you're not actually allowed to provide compensation for management staff but still, you get my point.

Steve Tyler sang the National Anthem and forgot a few words. Ovechkin has a few bruises this morning and Tim Thomas is a lousy defenseman. You got to give Thomas some credit for risking another shutout to get Wheels a goal. Neither happened. Bruins win 4-1

Doc.

How in the heck was that Toronto goal against Florida last night allowed to stand??? I've yet to see a more blatant and obvious instance of goalie interference. Wow. That was some home cookin' right there!

In other news, GO KINGS!!! Take down them Hawks tonight!!!

The last time I saw a call that bad was back in '93. Some guy, Wayne something, high sticked the best player of in the league and didn't get caught...

The way the rest of the D is playing I'd be surprised if they move him. Phaneuf is okay and Schen is doing well but being with Kaberle helps. I'd expect if he moves it'd be a last minute move if no extension could be reached. Although with Burke you never know. Besides the only thing the Sabres need to get better is to, well, leave Buffalo.

ETA: :sign:

And yes you should have seen that one coming as you typed it. :laugh:

Leafs vs Bruins tonight for the 317th time. Now that's history. Should be a good physical game. I'm sure we'll have our usual warm welcome for Kessel.:rolleyes: I see on NESN that he's changed his story. He loved Boston and enjoyed playing here.:0 Funny, that's not how I remember it.

Doc.

Watch Seguin get a hat trick. Hopefully this will be a good team building game if Kessel can get a goal or two. Or fight Chara and win.

Well no hat trick but a goal. Shit Boston is looking good this year. Best of luck with that salary cap issue Doc!

I think the Leafs might have peaked a little early.;)

Doc.

The way the rest of the D is playing I'd be surprised if they move him. Phaneuf is okay and Schen is doing well but being with Kaberle helps. I'd expect if he moves it'd be a last minute move if no extension could be reached. Although with Burke you never know. Besides the only thing the Sabres need to get better is to, well, leave Buffalo.

ETA: :sign:

And yes you should have seen that one coming as you typed it. :laugh:

That was a low blow......

It's funny but with a Billionaire owner, who purchased the team for $92 Million and has seen it's value increase to $170 Million, you would expect them to be big time players in the trade and FA market. Plus Buffalo is one of the top American hockey markets..... and yet the Buffalo curse lives on...

Maybe Doc but the Leafs didn't blow a 3-0 series lead in the play offs last year either.

I would like to see Buffalo do well. As you said it's a great hockey market when the Sabres are winning.

Leafs didn't make the playoffs. How many years has it been now?:p If they don't get Kessel a legit first line center and some secondary scoring they ain't going to make it this year either.

Doc.

I always wish the best for the Sabres (unless they're playing the Kings of course). Ryan Miller is one of my favorite goalies to watch.

And since it may not last, Kings are #1 in the league currently!!! :D

This is officially getting ridiculous. Another shut-out. 4-0 over the Senators. Thomas has now stopped 182 of 185 shots and has a GAA of 0.50 and six straight wins. He's tied Tiny Thompson's Bruins' best start of 6 straight set in the 1937-38 season. Whatever he's eating, I want some of it.

Doc.

That guy can get motivated that's for sure. To think just this summer the media (up here anyway) were suggesting that his contract may have been a mistake seeing as how Rask was coming on and with Boston so close to the cap. The last hot streak like this I can remember was Boucher.

Thomas is a stud..... it's not a flash b/c he has done it before... I wonder if Rask is the next Hedberg, Lalime, or Boucher

I find it hard to not root for Tim Thomas. Dude has had to scrap and work for everything. Plus he seems really down to earth in interviews, if not a bit introverted.

Kings don't play until Thursday night. Might check out the Van/NJ game tonight on Centre Ice.