• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hockey

On this Day April 9, 2011, in a 3-1 win over the Senators, Tim Thomas sets the record for best save percentage in a season, .938 in 57 games. Can you say Vezina trophy? It's hard to believe now, but some ignorant fans wanted him traded at the beginning of the season. Coupe Stanley coming up.

Doc.

It's a shame Philly didn't go for him when they could have had him! There was a lot of chatter about it at one time. I know a lot of Bruins fans are glad he stayed! What an amazing year.

All 3 CA teams are in the playoffs. And people think there are no hockey fans here :rolleyes: . I just wish my Kings weren't limping in and taking on the Sharks in the 1st round, but it beats having to face the Canucks. With a win the Stars will take the 8th spot and all Pacific Div teams will be in. They might not beat the Nucks but they'll smack them around some.

Just like people said there couldn't be hockey fans in North Carolina!

Has anyone noticed that the first game of round 1 is a goal and a half on a line bet?...every game.

Can't recall ever seeing that before.......and all the O/U are 5 or 5.5....geez Vegas, talk about 'playing it safe'.....:whistling:

Should be interesting to see if they change closer to game time.

GO RANGERS!

Where they're going, I have no idea...but it sure as hell won't be to the next round!

Is it me or did we all get to a bad start in the playoffs?

Hmmm, I don't know. The only shockers I've seen was Bruins/Canadiens (SO? Really?) and to a lesser extent Yotes/Wings (expected more of a fight from the Yotes). The Kings/Sharks game was a classic. Haven't been that nervous during a game for a long time.

As they say, it's all about adjustments. Let's see how each team reacts.

Where did you see the Kings? NHL network only showed highlights.

I am surprised by Buffalo, and I was expecting more from the Yotes as well.
As for my comment, I was referring to everyone who usually posts in this thread. :laugh:

I watched the usual FSW feed of the Kings game. I think Versus picked up the SJ feed.

As for Philly/Buffalo, I've picked Buffalo to take the series in 6 games. Philly hasn't been playing well for the past month from what I hear. They really miss Pronger.

I remember the good old days when I had a team to cheer for.

I haven't caught much but what I've watched these playoffs has been good. I enjoy the west conference games but can't stay up late to catch the games. I'm rooting for Pittsburgh or the Ducks a little. I'm hoping Crosby gets back for the second round.

I've been shocked by the Bruins - Habs series. I wonder if a first round knock out will mean the end of Julien.

Shame you are all rooting for 2nd place....just saying. GO WINGS!! ;)

I haven't caught much but what I've watched these playoffs has been good. I enjoy the west conference games but can't stay up late to catch the games. I'm rooting for Pittsburgh or the Ducks a little. I'm hoping Crosby gets back for the second round.

I've been shocked by the Bruins - Habs series. I wonder if a first round knock out will mean the end of Julien.

I didn't realize you were that old. And as far as the Bruins go, I predicted it in a previous post. Julien will definitely be gone if they don't end up in the Conference finals. The fans will demand it.

Doc.

I didn't realize you were that old. And as far as the Bruins go, I predicted it in a previous post. Julien will definitely be gone if they don't end up in the Conference finals. The fans will demand it.

Doc.

Especially when ESPN.com is already tabbing Julien as returning to coach the Devils.

Well, we had some brief times in the early 2000s but really, I've got to go back to the glory days of 92-94 to remember when I felt the Leafs had a chance.

I've been surprised how long Julien's lasted. I thought last season at the beginning (or maybe the one before) he'd be gone but I bet there'd be a couple of teams looking to hire him if he does get let go.

I still think they've got a good chance, I don't think any team is out of it yet, even Chicago. Not that I think they're all that good but Vancouver doesn't give me confidence that they don't have a huge choke in them.

if the bruins get knocked out in the first round, hes finished. but there is some goods news, the leafs would get a better pick that way :)

I route for the Maple Leafs, because I am an owner. And they have been doing GREAT since 2000. Why aren't their jerseys Gold?

Rooting for the Capitols is like saying 'I like my politician'. :0

I really wanted to see the Rangers win last night. This is one of those rare occasions where I want NY to win.
Double overtime and no commercials during OT. WOW! :thumbs:
If it was Basketball, the last 2 minutes will last 20.

Exciting game. Too bad the Rangers ran out of gas.