• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Homebrewers - What are you Brewing - Post a Pic

The heartaches of home brewing that no one likes to talk about. I pulled 9 random bottles from my latest batch (seen above).

Two weeks after bottling they were great. Now, a month and a half later, this is the result every time I crack one. The first one was on my bar 🤬 I quickly moved the operation to the sink.. 59308474-015E-4C80-AE65-0F52376B0E20.jpeg

The heartaches of home brewing that no one likes to talk about. I pulled 9 random bottles from my latest batch (seen above).

Two weeks after bottling they were great. Now, a month and a half later, this is the result every time I crack one. The first one was on my bar 🤬 I quickly moved the operation to the sink.. View attachment 52384
Yup! Unintended consequences of priming sugar. Watch your bottles to insure they don't start exploding and keep them away from heat.

Yup! Unintended consequences of priming sugar. Watch your bottles to insure they don't start exploding and keep them away from heat.
Yeah, I’m thinking my buddy and I had a few too many when calculating our charging sugar lol. This was the first time we’ve had it like this, I’m certain it won’t be the last 🤣

Cue @smellysell with his “This wouldn’t have happened if you had a kegerator” comment 😝

Yeah, yeah… I know..

Yeah, I’m thinking my buddy and I had a few too many when calculating our charging sugar lol. This was the first time we’ve had it like this, I’m certain it won’t be the last 🤣

Cue @smellysell with his “This wouldn’t have happened if you had a kegerator” comment 😝

Yeah, yeah… I know..
I disagree, putting those bottles in a kegerator wouldn't have changed the level of carbonation.

(Humor so dry even the cactus don't like it)

Yeah, yeah… I know..
I mean, it's true...

Are they all in the fridge now to stop them from exploding?

I mean, it's true...

Are they all in the fridge now to stop them from exploding?
They aren’t worth saving. Cooling them won’t de-carbonate them. By the time the foam dies there’s only a quarter of the bottle left.

They aren’t worth saving. Cooling them won’t de-carbonate them. By the time the foam dies there’s only a quarter of the bottle left.
They can be really dangerous when they start exploding though. Be careful!

Not beer related, but I thought I would share a few of the last "brews" I did

First is a nitro cold brew coffee...
IMG_3956.jpgIMG_3954.jpgIMG_3955.jpgIMG_3972.JPG

Next is a "Hop Water", all I have is a pic of the brew. I will take a pic of the finished product tonight when I pour one.
IMG_3962.JPG

@H. Vachon here is a pic of my kegerator. From left to right, Hop Water, Low ABV Beer (currently an IPA that's about 1.5%), hard seltzer (so the wife can make her own recipe White Claw type drinks), nitro cold brew.
IMG_3964.JPGIMG_3965.JPG

ETA:
This is a really cool cleaner for kegs, carboys, and other brew items. It's called the Bucket Blaster
EDUJ0362.JPG

Last edited:
Our latest creation is an IPA with homegrown hops. Just a little 4 gallon test batch. I can’t believe the yield we got on the first year. Planted August 2021. Simco, Crystal and an unknown Michigan native strain. Just cracked the first one about ten minutes ago and I’m blown away.

We normally used pelletized hops. So we just guess the weights for full leaf hops. I’m glad we kept notes.

328A5964-501B-41DC-9ED0-0AFBA8C91CD3.jpeg92881D6C-7755-4C9D-B7E0-721609256EEE.jpegD856FD1B-5AF0-4D62-B057-8870DE4F9C54.jpegA3D93EB3-E020-4B24-A8F9-1A1C1CC1A99F.jpegDC8C5707-F619-4DEF-B767-E5A7615561BA.jpeg

Attachments

• F8736A78-282F-4348-9394-E3A12FD7F4F6.jpeg
    F8736A78-282F-4348-9394-E3A12FD7F4F6.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0
Our latest creation is an IPA with homegrown hops. Just a little 4 gallon test batch. I can’t believe the yield we got on the first year. Planted August 2021. Simco, Crystal and an unknown Michigan native strain. Just cracked the first one about ten minutes ago and I’m blown away.

We normally used pelletized hops. So we just guess the weights for full leaf hops. I’m glad we kept notes.

View attachment 62860View attachment 62859View attachment 62861View attachment 62862View attachment 62863
Sexy!

View attachment 62860View attachment 62859View attachment 62861View attachment 62862View attachment 62863
Congratulations on the good home brew and hops! There's good money in selling them, probably more than feed even...