• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Homebrewers - What are you Brewing - Post a Pic

I wonder if I used a charging sugar like normal bottling. Maybe I’ll do a small scale to try it and see if it works or if it sucks lol.

It’s definitely on the list!
Not sure that would work. There isn't any yeast in the hop water that would react with the sugar to produce the Co2.

Not sure that would work. There isn't any yeast in the hop water that would react with the sugar to produce the Co2.
Whelp.. There’s that lol. I guess it’s flat hop water for me the. Haha.

I thought you planned on adding yeast too! 😂

Maybe you should get a kegerator?

If he added yeast with the priming sugar, wouldn't that create alcohol as well as carbonation? I doubt it would be much, but I think the alcohol would still be there.

Just ANTOHER reason Hayden needs a kegerator!!!

If he added yeast with the priming sugar, wouldn't that create alcohol as well as carbonation? I doubt it would be much, but I think the alcohol would still be there.

Just ANTOHER reason Hayden needs a kegerator!!!
A little bit, similar to a bottle of kombucha probably.

Don't NA beers actually have a trace amount of alcohol too?

They do, typically less than .5% ABV. When doing to secondary boil after fermentation, there is no way to get 100% of the alcohol out of the beer.

I've been toying around with the idea of doing a secondary boil with a bottle of inexpensive whiskey, to get a non-alcoholic whiskey that's good.

They do, typically less than .5% ABV. When doing to secondary boil after fermentation, there is no way to get 100% of the alcohol out of the beer.

I've been toying around with the idea of doing a secondary boil with a bottle of inexpensive whiskey, to get a non-alcoholic whiskey that's good.
Very different reasons, but I feel your pain!

First crack of our sweet stout. Man, this turned out fantastic!! Excited to see what a few more weeks of conditioning does for it
6BCA5B99-688E-4B88-933E-27C954E5989C.jpeg

Looking forward to bottling the “Grandma’s Secret Stash” next Sunday 😎 We’ll toss some rum soaked raisins and cinnamon sticks into the secondary three days before bottling 🤤

First crack of our sweet stout. Man, this turned out fantastic!! Excited to see what a few more weeks of conditioning does for it
View attachment 50248

Looking forward to bottling the “Grandma’s Secret Stash” next Sunday 😎 We’ll toss some rum soaked raisins and cinnamon sticks into the secondary three days before bottling 🤤
So jealous rn I hope to get a batch going soon.

Our Hazy IPA worked out well, but I didn't get the purple color I was looking for out of the corn. I didn't do any research on what the compound is and how it responds to pH. Might use my Christmas money for some upgrades in the brewery.