• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hometown Pass

I'd love to be part if you'll have me.. Maybe I can supply a jersey girl, they are one of a kind. :D

I'd love to be in if there's still room. My hometown is Champaign, IL, although I now live in Miami.

1. CasaSoho
2. BigJake6904
3. Not A Nice Person
4. Br174
5. Beyond the Band
6. Miamipadronsmoker
7. Spivy
8. Bully1875
9. Golfanantic
10. Sportsdls
11. Jovenhut
12. SmokinginTexas
13. NorthernMoris
14. The Green Monkey
15. Wanlail

Looks like all the players are lined up, we'll begin in Texas and make our tour around the states in a week or so! If everyone can PM me their addresses and confirmation for being in the pass, i'll compile and get this thing into order.

Kevin

Alrighty, I got about half the addresses. To clarify a little bit, the hometown 'gift(s)' can be anything that you think is special to your town or reminds you of home. It seems like home is one of those finer details that is overlooked with the hustle and bustle of life. So, it can be done for one or all brothers, its just up to you on how ya wanna do it. I just want everyone to be able to share another facet of life that wouldn't be normally seen.

Also, I guess I should get a lil consensus with the crew as to handle the Texas brothers..... Should we kinda zigzag around the country and scatter in some Texas pride throughout or journey through the states in a nice big circle?

Kevin

Of all the passes I've seen they've been a nice neat little circle around the US, however, I think that this one would be kind of fun to jump around a bit more so everyone could get a good taste of "home" from all around, seeing as we have so many people from Texas. These are just my premature thoughts, and obviously I will do whatever everybody else wants to do/thinks will be best.

Of all the passes I've seen they've been a nice neat little circle around the US, however, I think that this one would be kind of fun to jump around a bit more so everyone could get a good taste of "home" from all around, seeing as we have so many people from Texas. These are just my premature thoughts, and obviously I will do whatever everybody else wants to do/thinks will be best.

I think this would be a neat approach as well.

I agree with the idea of jumping around, but it needs to be some balanced somewhat with efficiency to keep this pass moving. Without looking at everyone's location, I believe a lot of us reside in the south and it will be heating up before too long.

The only problem I see with jumping around is the shipping cost the box will take when you start to jump multiple zones. If it stays so what close the price stays reasonable

I don't know if this sort of defeats the main purpose of the pass, but perhaps there could be some sort of Secret Santa arrangement independent of the pass so that the sticks themselves are sent in the quickest and most efficient route possible, but having the separate 'share something local' thing arranged in a manner such that we won't have people gifting locally available or regionally-specific items to their neighbors just up the road. It would likely cost a little more for total shipping for each person than simply jumping zones would, but it would keep the cigars cool and on the move quickly while at least alleviating the clustering concern.

I don't know if this sort of defeats the main purpose of the pass, but perhaps there could be some sort of Secret Santa arrangement independent of the pass so that the sticks themselves are sent in the quickest and most efficient route possible, but having the separate 'share something local' thing arranged in a manner such that we won't have people gifting locally available or regionally-specific items to their neighbors just up the road. It would likely cost a little more for total shipping for each person than simply jumping zones would, but it would keep the cigars cool and on the move quickly while at least alleviating the clustering concern.

Nice suggestion! Actually, it may keep shipping costs down for those later in the pass. If everyone were to add something to the pass....it'd get pretty heavy. Whereas you could do a simple exchange behind the scenes of Hometown gifts and have everyone mail it individually. Just make sure none of the Texas boys get eachother. ;)

Nice suggestion! Actually, it may keep shipping costs down for those later in the pass. If everyone were to add something to the pass....it'd get pretty heavy. Whereas you could do a simple exchange behind the scenes of Hometown gifts and have everyone mail it individually. Just make sure none of the Texas boys get eachother. ;)
I like this idea also as long as it does not end up like the cheese pass. Maybe we ship the pride first or when we ship the pass. I don't think the pride has to go to the next person in line.

Brian

I like this idea also as long as it does not end up like the cheese pass. Maybe we ship the pride first or when we ship the pass. I don't think the pride has to go to the next person in line.

Brian

I really like where this is going! SS style draw, ship separately, but when you take the pass to the PO---that way everyone knows something's coming, but NO ONE knows who's getting "hometowned" this time! Classic!

~Boar

FWIW I do like where this is headed, and ultimately I don't think it would be terrible if any of us Texas boys got a fellow Texas boy. To my understanding the idea is to send something from your home town, not necessarily from your home state. So assuming none of us are from the same City I think it would be okay if we got each other, though it would be preferred to get folks from around the US.

1. CasaSoho CONFIRMED
2. BigJake6904 CONFIRMED
3. Not A Nice Person CONFIRMED
4. Br174 CONFIRMED
5. Beyond the Band CONFIRMED
6. Miamipadronsmoker CONFIRMED
7. Spivy CONFIRMED
8. Bully1875 NEED CONFIRMATION
9. Golfanantic CONFIRMED
10. Sportsdls CONFIRMED
11. Jovenhut CONFIRMED
12. SmokinginTexas CONFIRMED
13. NorthernMoris CONFIRMED
14. The Green Monkey CONFIRMED
15. Wanlail

Looks like we're almost all confirmed. Looks like for the most part we're in agreement w/ the SS setup. I'll shuffle names once we get Bully's confirmation and PM everyone a person. Its getting a little busy at work, so it won't go out til Friday or Saturday but only if I can get a master list and whatnot all setup.

I really like this new idea of the SS. I do however need some clarification of what the hometown could be. Not just cigars right? Anything that could bring a little Atlanta to someone else?

I really like this new idea of the SS. I do however need some clarification of what the hometown could be. Not just cigars right? Anything that could bring a little Atlanta to someone else?

To my understanding the idea is that the hometown gift wouldn't be cigars (Kevin correct me if I'm wrong here) rather something from, made by, or that reminds you of your hometown. In a PM Kevin described this as anything from a shirt to a special hot sauce from your area.