• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hometown Pass

Sorry, I didn't shoot a PM to all since I assumed too much into this. But, as far as hometown, it can be anything you want it to be as long as it symbolizes home to you. To some, home can be a shirt from your old stomping ground , local food specialty, ect ect. Get creative, it can be interpreted in the same way as a SS.

Just wanted to give a heads-up that I'm going to be out of town for a conference (in San Antonio, of all places) from tomorrow morning (3/5) through late Sunday (3/8) evening, so my internet access will be spotty if not nonexistent.

I'm presenting a paper on Friday night, and my schedule is pretty full with the rest of the conference so I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to meet any SA CPers, but since I've got so many of you Texas types all in one place, does anyone have any recommendations of places to hit or avoid? I'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza Riverwalk and won't have any transportation other than my own two feet.

I've already scouted out Club Cohiba at the Havana Riverwalk Inn as a place to check out if I've got the opportunity, as well as perhaps paying a visit to the Latin Gold Cigar Factory. Swig also seems to be a commonly appearing search result, but after looking at their uninspired cigar list, their silly "martini list" and the rest of their annoying, flash-based site, it looks like a place that might have a rather high d-bag quotient.

Actually speaking of that. What is the timing of the pass. I am in and out from March 14 - April 22. B-trip every other week.

Latin gold is decent and its kinda cool watching a hand roller. There's the humidor just right outside next to dillards which has nice people but prices are eh.

As far as the pass dates, I'm wanting to start late this wk or early next. I can push it to where its closer towards the end for yours or work around it.

Latin gold is decent and its kinda cool watching a hand roller. There's the humidor just right outside next to dillards which has nice people but prices are eh.

As far as the pass dates, I'm wanting to start late this wk or early next. I can push it to where its closer towards the end for yours or work around it.

Ya if you put me towards the end of the pass that would be great. I just don't want to hold it up if I am not at the office.

Ed

Just to let you know, as it stands right now I am available to receive/send the Pass whenever, my schedule is pretty wide open these days :blush:

If it turns out that someone can't partake I'd be glad to take their spot. I'm in VA but home is Texas so I have plenty of hometown pride...

I will be around for this but would also let any of you know if/when something comes up.

Don't know how long this pass will run for, but May 17 is my wedding and the following week I'll be in Jamaica. :D Glass tops for everyone...

BWAHAHAHA.... I've been accepted into this little fiasco so it looks like someone's gonna get a hybrid Virginia/ Texas Hometown pride gift...

BWAHAHAHA.... I've been accepted into this little fiasco so it looks like someone's gonna get a hybrid Virginia/ Texas Hometown pride gift...

Kevin, make sure I'm not Lurch's recipient of Hometown pride. Anything sent my way with the color of burnt orange or has a longhorn on it will get well.....burnt. :rolleyes:

:sign:

Kevin, make sure I'm not Lurch's recipient of Hometown pride. Anything sent my way with the color of burnt orange or has a longhorn on it will get well.....burnt. :rolleyes:

Scared much?

Haha..... I'm from a UT System school too......

Haha..... I'm from a UT System school too......
Nice... Looks like you're screwed Jake.

I've got dibs on Jake's Soul guys!!! :laugh: