• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Horror Picture...... (not for the faint of heart)

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
If anyone believe beetles can't survive in temps below 70 degree's take a look at this pic. (Sorry about the size of the pic... its large and will take some time to download for those of you on dial up) These Culebra's have been in the humi for several years and the room is air conditioned to 67/68 degree's 24/7. When I opened up the foil I had several live beetles walking around. I have no idea how extensive the damage is yet. I feeling pretty sick right now. I've got a long night ahead of me.....

MVC-300F.jpg

Oh Chit!! :0
That brings tears to my eyes :(
My sympathy brudda

Bill

I wonder if the damage could have been done before you got them?

The beetles may have died years ago.

Kenny,
Sorry to see this happen to ya Bro!!!

You have me scared now. I have a few of these that are a couple years old also and I must now run scared ****less and check them.

Just for the sake just for piece of ming I think I'm going to check everything in the cabinet so I may sleep easy tonight.

inflatus said:

[snapback]186373[/snapback]​

He said there were several live beetles in the foil when he unwrapped the cigars.

Sorry to hear about it, Kenny. Especially all th esorting through you're in for.

Thanks for documenting it, and let us know how you proceed (you know what you're doing and keeping a record of what you did will be a great asset to the board).

Lumberg said:
inflatus said:

[snapback]186373[/snapback]​

He said there were several live beetles in the foil when he unwrapped the cigars.

[snapback]186380[/snapback]​

Sorry I totally blew that.

My heart goes out to you for that one. I'm not at all looking forward to my first beetle experience ???

Kenny my friend. This isn't your first outbreak! Next time you're up in DFW, bring what's left and I'll gladly sm...store them for ya!

All kidding aside bro, really sorry to hear about your plight.

I have been considering a SubZero for a while, this might just be the push I needed. Sorry for the loss, hopefully it didn't spread.

Sorry to hear that man, anyone have a pic of what a tobacco beetle looks like on cigar?

I still remember the day I found 3 tiny holes in some La Lunas. They were in the freezer in about 15 seconds, and I searched that humi for the next three days.

In fact, I still look at it suspiciously once in a while.

Much sympathy, Hope the rest of the collection is OK.

Kenny... prayers sent, I hope there aren't issues with any other cigars that you have. This makes me doubly glad that I opted for the combo humidification/cooling unit in my new humi.

Damn Kenny! That picture shocked me into checking my Party Culebra's.

My God that's some severe damage. I hope the rest of your cigars are all right? Now I'm going to have to check my cigars because that's scary.