• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hot Sauces

I got to looking around and ran across this. Over 10-16 Million scoville units !! :0

The best tasting but absolutely hottest I've ever had is "Vicious Viper". I can't find a scoville unit measure on this one. Anyone else ever had this?

Dave

Everyone knows at least one "hot sauce hotshot." You know the guy who says "aww that's not hot!"

How fun would it be to whip out The Source on their @$$es and watch them beg for mercy?

Bwahahahaha!! Y'all wouldn't know a hot sauce if it bit you on the tongue. :D

A few years back, my folks were pulling their travel trailer (pre-bus and when my folks lived outside Santa Fe) and an 18 wheeler flew by em coming down a mountain...sucked the trailer into a fish-tail and tumbled over..rolling the trailer and putting the van on it's side.

The first assistant they got happened to be an off duty paramedic. "Was anyone in the trailer?" He asked. "No" said my folks dangling from their seats since they were seat-belted in.... "Are you sure?" "Quite, we're both here."

A gallon of homemade picante sauce had flown around in the trailer and left it blood red from head to toe inside.

I do miss the N.M. area where you order ANYTHING and you're asked, "Will that be with red sauce or green sauce?" Naturally, my choice is green sauce.

Horse said:
Bwahahahaha!! Y'all wouldn't know a hot sauce if it bit you on the tongue. :D
"Will that be with red sauce or green sauce?" Naturally, my choice is green sauce.
At least one more member that knows hot sauce. If it's got tomatoes in it it's not hot. :0 ;)

Sontava's our everday piquante, but I love the Scotch Bonnet sauces made locally in the West Indies - get a big ole bottle of Baron's at the market, and you are SET!!! :0

My favorite sauce comes from a restaurant a few of you may be familiar with: Quaker Steak and Lube. For those of you not familiar with them, they have some of the best wings anywhere to be found. There hottest wings are marketed as "Atomic Wings", and they actually make you sign a "waiver" before you eat them stating that you may be burned by them, etc. The sauce is now available outside of the restaurant, and I can not get enough of it. It is incredible on everything, and it still comes with that "waiver" inside the package. It's Scoville rating measures 150,000.

Anyone interested in trying it head to Quaker Steak and Lube. Even if you don't like the heat, the rest of their sauces are incredible as well.

Dave's Insanity Sauce, has to be some of the hottest out there.

I second that. I keep some on hand just for anyone who is over and thinks they are a badass and can eat anything. A drop of that on a chip and its over.

I use Sriracha hot sauce and their Chili Garlic sauce (thicker and hotter).
sriracha.jpg
Srirachagarlic.jpg

Both are GREAT...

I second that. I keep some on hand just for anyone who is over and thinks they are a badass and can eat anything. A drop of that on a chip and its over.

Some smartass brought some to boarding school one time, unknowingly I had four big globs of it on my beans and rice. Needless to say I TRIED to be a bad ass and finish my bowl. I couldn't. This is no lie. Right before I was to give up, my socks were completely soaked in sweat, to the point you could ring them out. I had sweat dripping of the backside of my knees as I sat at the table. I had sweat running off my nose, not dripping, and had two big soaked spots on my shoulders where the sweat was dripping off my ears...

You can take the crusty stuff off the cap and rub the oil around the rim of your victims glass and it will burn the shit out of em. Or on a utensil then tell them they have something on their face. Just that much transfer will heat up the skin.

A drop on a chip and you should be locked up....

Ever since then I can't handle spicy foods, must have done something to me. Sad thing i really like hot spicy foods...

My favorite sauce comes from a restaurant a few of you may be familiar with: Quaker Steak and Lube. For those of you not familiar with them, they have some of the best wings anywhere to be found. There hottest wings are marketed as "Atomic Wings", and they actually make you sign a "waiver" before you eat them stating that you may be burned by them, etc. The sauce is now available outside of the restaurant, and I can not get enough of it. It is incredible on everything, and it still comes with that "waiver" inside the package. It's Scoville rating measures 150,000.

Anyone interested in trying it head to Quaker Steak and Lube. Even if you don't like the heat, the rest of their sauces are incredible as well.

I had this once. I really like hot stuff - I had two small bites of this on a wing - I almost puked - It was way beyond hot - It was insane - Spent the rest of the night drinking water and eating bread - never, ever again

Tobasco is the best, crystal is good but not as hot. Both made in Louisiana :D
Greetings! Yes, I agree with Triple_D. The two main hot sauces that I use are Tabasco and Crystal, although I sometimes also use others. I especially like to use hot sauce at breakfast on the eggs. Regards, knightlaird

I had this once. I really like hot stuff - I had two small bites of this on a wing - I almost puked - It was way beyond hot - It was insane - Spent the rest of the night drinking water and eating bread - never, ever again

This stuff can take your breath away...literally. It is almost twice as hot as Dave's Insanity if you base it off of the Scoville rating. Dave's is 80,000, and the Insanity sauce is 150,000.

Dave's Insanity
Franks Red Hot
Tobasco (Original)

I'm now growing pepper plants, so I'm going to be making a hot sauce soon.

I am a proud owner of a (tiny) bottle of Original Juan's "The Source." This used to be the hottest "sauce." Its not classified as a sauce, but as a food additive. It is the consistency of molasses, and about as dark. It certainly is not for the weak of heart, and I highly suggest not trying it by itself. It's heat doesn't hit instantly, but slowly rises and lingers for 30 minutes or so.

Dave's Insanity is ok, but I prefer his Ultimate Insanity, since it has a little more pepper flavor. My current favorite is one my father in law gets from family in Panama. Its a mustard based orange habanero sauce. Simply amazing. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name.

Blair's products are in the same league as The Source, additives, not necessarily sauces. I believe he has regained the title with the hottest "sauce." It is crystallized capasicin. These clear pellets are not to be messed with. I believe 16 million Scoville units.

I try to refrain from using sauces like Frank's, Texas Pete, etc. since I feel they are simply very salty pepper sauces.

I love hot stuff, but it has to be balanced with some flavor, or it's like smoking an all ligero cigar - I have no interest.

Wish I got out to New Mexico more often. Being offered "red or green" just makes me smile. :)

I love hot sauce and eat some form of it on almost everything.

Favorites are

Franks Red Hot
Texas Pete
Pain 100%(really for the "bad a's" that come over)
Sriracha(with asian foods)

And if it doesn't make sense to put Hot sauce on it I use red chiles pepper in it.

CYG

BTW: Hey Frank what's up, and how is bike week?