• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How anal are you in regards to a straight burn?

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I find my lighter runs out of fuel almost everytime I smoke a cigar outside because I'm always touching up the wrapper to make it burn straight.

Maybe it goes back to my wacky-weed days but I can not stand smoking a canoe.

How about you?

Relax Bro......

As long as it is kinda close, and does not get the little "curly que" thing, i just run with it. I always try to rotate the cigar first to help the burn, put the trouble spot 180 degrees from where it was, or use the old, spit on finger, on wrapper trick.

Some times, a touch up is needed, but with a triple flame I use it as a last resort.

Tim

I usually wait to see if it'll correct itself. Purge, wait, purge some more, wait, draw, wait. If it needs a little help after a bit, I'll touch it up.

Don't care too much. I'll touch it up if it gets really out of line.

Yeah I will touch it up if it get to out of hand but for the most part I leave it be rp

If it's happening "almost every time you smoke outside", I suggest you look at how you are storing your sticks. Maybe the foot of your smokes are getting more humidification.
Or, perhpas you just don't light your cigars properly :sign:

Brian

Just about as anal as you are, i find myself touching it up all the way to the nub.

I try to use the flame as little as possible and usually wait to see if it fixes itself. Wouldn't want to increase the chances of scorching to tobacco repeatedly.

I used to touch it up, but now I don't...and I just let it burn naturally.

42 on the other hand... I even ran a contest based on how anal-retentive he is about touching up his cigars...

I touch up and do not worry too much.

One small peice of advice. Table top lighters are my choice for outside because of your aforementioned problem, but also because they hold so much fuel that all my friends with me can keep theirs lit up.

I use Lotus, it is a good deal and it has a pretty good waranty.

Lately, more and more anal. I can tell immediately when a cigar is not burning properly without even looking at it because the flavor flattens out noticeably. I'll give it a minute to self correct, but if I see it's going south I'd rather just touch it up and enjoy the flavors as much as possible than waste anymore time to see if it corrects itself, which for me it rarely does.

I smoke outside in our garage and while I take my daily walk. If I'm very careful(making sure I get the wrapper/binder evenly lit all the way around the circumference) when going through with the original lighting up, I find it helps to keep from having to touch-up so much. I do touch-up when the burn is out of line as I too find it disconcerting.

I've been lucky lately in not having to suffer from canoeing. :)

Dan

I'm an inveterate toucher-upper. Call it an obsessive compulsion. My Blazers and I have become good friends over the years. :D

Wilkey

Don't care too much. I'll touch it up if it gets really out of line.

This is my approach, as well. I find that most of the time the burn will correct itself if I just give it some help by keeping it purged, rotating the cigar, and maybe altering the way I puff for a bit.

Shawn,

Please don't use "anal" and "burn" in the same sentance again. It made me cringe. :D

I'll let it get 3/4" or more out of whack before I mess with it. Most of the time I smoke in the car so I expect an uneven burn.

I'm a toucherupper. I like mine to be straight.....doesn't it taste better that way? :p

I used to be a frequent toucher upper, but two things cured me of that compulsion.

1) The older I got, the more patient I was when smoking...I slowed down a bit and the cigars burnt more evenly, naturally.

2) I would occasionally hang out with a friend-of-a-friend when smoking and this guy NEVER brought his own lighter...he would ask me or someone else for theirs every few minutes. It was "gotta' touch this up" or "man this thing is burning funky" WITH EVERY F*CKING STICK and it bugged me out to the point that I became less obsessed about it.

As my 93yo Mother says to this day....."To each his own"

Shawn,

Please don't use "anal" and "burn" in the same sentance again. It made me cringe. :D
"anal" and "burn" = Tucks

If it's happening "almost every time you smoke outside", I suggest you look at how you are storing your sticks. Maybe the foot of your smokes are getting more humidification.
Or, perhpas you just don't light your cigars properly :sign:

Brian

More like its windy as a mofo here in Germany up on the 4th floor :sign: We don't have many still wind days.