• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How has COVID-19 impacted you?

"Rome, 13 Mar 19:12 - (Agenzia Nova) - There may be only two people who died from coronavirus in Italy, who did not present other pathologies. This is what emerges from the medical records examined so far by the Higher Institute of Health, according to what was reported by the President of the Institute, Silvio Brusaferro, during the press conference held today at the Civil Protection in Rome. "Positive deceased patients have an average of over 80 years - 80.3 to be exact - and are essentially predominantly male," said Brusaferro. "Women are 25.8 percent. The average age of the deceased is significantly higher than the other positive ones. The age groups over 70, with a peak between 80 and 89 years. The majority of these people are carriers of chronic diseases. Only two people were not presently carriers of diseases ", but even in these two cases, the examination of the files is not concluded and therefore, causes of death different from Covid-19 could emerge. The president of the ISS has specified that "little more than a hundred medical records" have so far come from hospitals throughout Italy.

These are the first minimum detailed data provided so far by the Civil Protection on the causes of death of coronavirus patients. At present, in fact, the authorities are unable to distinguish those who died from the virus, from those who, on the other hand, are communicated daily to the public, but who were mostly carriers of other serious diseases and who, therefore, would not have died from Covid-19. In response to a question from "Agenzia Nova", in fact, Brusaferro was unable to indicate the exact number of coronavirus deaths. However, the professor clarified that, according to the data analyzed, the great majority of the victims "had serious pathologies and in some cases the onset of an infection of the respiratory tract can lead more easily to death. To clarify this point , and provide real data, "as we acquire the folders we will go further. However, the populations most at risk are fragile, carriers of multiple diseases ". (Rin) © Agenzia Nova - Reproduction reserved"

More than 3,000 have died in Italy. Not sure where your getting two people may have died. You are very misinformed. You should vet sources of information better.

Don't want to bump up against the "no politics" peace accords, but co-signed, absolutely. FFS, this is no time to be getting one's info from Breitbart, Infowars, or Fox & Friends! 😂

Stick with wire services, actual newspapers, city/state government orgs, and the CDC, folks.

~Boar

Today on your stated source, Vector:

Rome, 18 Mar 18:43 - (Agenzia Nova) - The number of people who died after contracting Covid-19 rises to 2,978. This was announced by the head of the Civil Protection department, Angelo Borrelli, during the bulletin on the spread of coronavirus in Italy. This is 475 more deaths than yesterday. On the other hand, 28,710 people are still infected in Italy, 2,648 more cases than yesterday. As for healings, 4,025 people have been cured of the virus throughout Italy, of which 1,048 since yesterday, the highest number on a daily basis since the emergency began. Of the 28,710 people infected, 14,363 are hospitalized with symptoms, 12,090 are in home isolation and 2,257 in intensive care, or 8 percent. This is 197 more people than yesterday. As regards the swabs used to diagnose the virus, the Civil Protection announces that 16.5541 have been carried out throughout the national territory.

Borrelli said that, as far as the trend of infections on a daily basis is concerned, "we have a stationary trend". Instead, on the deaths of people with coronavirus he added: "we have reports of cases especially in the hospital, but we also have reports of deaths in nursing homes. The numbers on the recovered and infected people make us think positive, always with the adoption of right behavior. "With regard to the reopening of schools and businesses, Borrelli said he was convinced that "it is still early to make a judgment and make decisions". "At least on what my information is, we will have to wait a few days, a week - he concluded -, to see the trends that will consolidate. I would not focus today on the decisions that will be taken".
© Agenzia Nova - Reproduction reserved

Looks like you might be referencing an .... editorial?

~Boar

If you want to look at info, check out "worldometers.info". When I first was following the China outbreak, this site provided the info. Can not tell you about its accuracy, but it is abundant in breakdown, current info etc. this site does not appear to have US news ties. Judge it as you deem fit.

Today on your stated source, Vector:

Looks like you might be referencing an .... editorial?

~Boar
This an Italian news coverage of their HIH which is like the US NIH. Read it. It's obviously not an editorial. This is the equivalent of our surgeon general, but in Italy, saying his own government is overreacting, in so many words.

Daycare completely closed till April now. I don’t feel comfortable keeping the 1 year old at the clinic with the 3 and 5 year old. Doable, but definitely not wanting to expose her to the crowd I treat. Got the in-law to take her for this next week and we will figure it out from there. Census at the clinic is dropping but that is expected. Wife is positive for flu A so she is quarantined to the bedroom and bedroom bath. Daddy’s time to take over care of all three girls in the morning and at night. My training has prepared me for this day...

So in preparing for this home based quarantine, I spent some money on cigars. Unfortunately for me, all of those purchases showed up on the same credit card bill, which the wife saw! Needless to say, she didn’t think that was the right way to prep. So PSA- spread out your purchases across all credit cards to ensure household harmony.

I'm trying to be safe. Put myself in self-quarantine. But my wife, who works at the hospital, is the weak link.

Doc

Last year, mine went back to work in the ER. oy
it's a small place in RI... she treated her first presumptive case last weekend.

the bad thing about this...how fast it spreads

the flu has killed 12k (est) a year....but that is over a full year. this shit can take out many more in a shorter time.
and don't forget, we still have the flu...so know the numbers go up. the system can't handle it.
we could just roll the cart around and sing 'bring out yer dead'!

it's fd fer sure. I look at it like a social reset.

some will dig into tech and be able to work like that after this passes
other may find an appreciation for those around them

I hope everyone is well and has enough TP!!!

Just out, the Gov. of Texas just instituted a new rule, no more gatherings of more than 10 people. Not surprised, I'm expecting more restrictions and only make sense. So what is happening when we go to our shopping store etc., and probably stand in a line?

So in preparing for this home based quarantine, I spent some money on cigars. Unfortunately for me, all of those purchases showed up on the same credit card bill, which the wife saw! Needless to say, she didn’t think that was the right way to prep. So PSA- spread out your purchases across all credit cards to ensure household harmony.

Or get card that only has your name on it and don't forget to check electronic statements ONLY.

The problem with a technical subject like this is few of us have the necessary background to judge it. So we have to find reliable sources from as many view points as possible in order to make any sense of it.

I thought this to be an informative synopsis by an credentialed source and worth consideration.

Stanford’s John P.A. Ioannidis — co-director of the university’s Meta-Research Innovation Center and professor of medicine, biomedical data science, statistics, and epidemiology and population health — suggests that the response to the coronavirus pandemic may be “a fiasco in the making”.

Just out, the Gov. of Texas just instituted a new rule, no more gatherings of more than 10 people. Not surprised, I'm expecting more restrictions and only make sense. So what is happening when we go to our shopping store etc., and probably stand in a line?

I was supposed to be in Austin tomorrow for a wedding which was canceled Tuesday. i had cancelled earlier because of self-quarantine but did receive a full refund of airfare and hotel.

More than 3,000 have died in Italy. Not sure where your getting two people may have died. You are very misinformed. You should vet sources of information better.

This is The New York Times as of a few hours ago.

If we have any hope of surviving this economic destruction we have to find our balls. Even the women! :)

I am so disappointed in American gumption, or lack thereof. There are worse things than death. Far worse. It's time.

It's time to stand up to these nuts. Every American needs to break out that copy of Civil Disobedience and read it very carefully. As if their lives and their family's lives depended on it. Because it does.

Just to give an update on the medical side of this, one of our clinics was shut down by the CDC, which was understandable and warranted. Corona virus case was later confirmed with a patient that visited and no one was wearing a mask, including the patient. Can’t say where, obviously. So now, all of our orthopedic clinics are required to mask up all day everyday no matter what, which is fine with me. What’s not fine with me is that the medical supply field was not ready for this demand. I’ve talked to 10 vendors today and gotten 200 masks total, which is not a lot tbh. That is to stretch across our 7 orthopedic clinics. Thankfully only two of them are larger clinics while the others are run small like mine (front desk and two to three in the back including the provider [me]). If this lasts 3 weeks then we should be fine, but it’s not going to unfortunately. Thankfully they have allowed industrial companies to make masks while avoiding backlash with recent passed laws which will help us get more, once we see how much they will be charging for them that is...

@CMontoya79 is a N95 mask required? Or can surgical mask be used. I saw where they required ATLEAST a surgical masks and hospitals have placed them on droplet precautions unless respiratory therapists do breathing treatments which can aerosolize it, in which they use a N95. Will a surgical mask work?