• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How would you respond?

How fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Pete after all he has been through.!

He lost his lawsuit, he went through a marketing problem. He had two cigars flop.

His blender turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a legal battle. All you people care about is….. readers and making money off of him.

HE’S A HUMAN! What you don’t realize is that Pete is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.

He hasn’t performed on stage in years. His cigar is called “la riqueza” for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE! MORE!.

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even makes cigars for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE PETE ALONE!…..Please.

Cigar Pass talked about professionalism and said if Pete was a professional he would’ve pulled it off no matter what.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Pete Alone Please…. !
Leave Pete Johnson alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

ROTFLMAO! I hope I'm not the only one who got that reference... ??? :laugh: ???

I am real curious how the latest batch of the #3's that are on sale, are going to pan out. Would be interesting to dissect one of those.

A handfull of us went in on a box split for those No. 3s that were on sale. It worked out to about $4 per stick. I'll let you know how they turn out, hopefully the issue of weak filler was just a fluke.

I wonder if the response you received was just a canned answer that someone in the PR department came up with, hoping that the recipient would accept the pseudo-apology. Yes, maybe a dud or two will slip through the QC. Perhaps that batch was rolled on a friday afternoon right before quitting time.

ETA: The next one you dissect will probably be rolled with the "2 weeks to plume" leaves too.

How would I respond?
Exactly as you have, by letting my BOTL know about my experience, and letting them decide whether this sort of customer service warrants our patronage. Thanks for the heads-up!

And Tom, that was indeed an epic post!

I responded to the first email and here is the response:

Thanks for your second email. I think a few things I mentioned were taken the wrong way and I wish to clear a few points up. I am sorry about the issue with the cigars and I want to explain why we have the cigars sent back to the retailer. NHC is a valued retailer of ours and is always very helpful when these rare occasions occur. We always prefer for the cigars to be sent to the retailer who can supply either a replacement and/or a refund quickly and then we handle any replacement or refund directly with them. We do this so we can get the cigars back to us for inspection at our offices and so Pepin and Jaime Garcia can look at the product to see any potential issue. Your pictures and description were very detailed but we always like to do a thorough inspection. We also need the product to go back through the proper channels as we are not licensed to deal direct with the end consumer when it concerns tobacco products.

The tobacco does go into the molds at a certain humidity level but even during bunching the tobacco can be brittle and break off small pieces. The wrapper is the only item with a great amount of moisture in it when it is placed on the cigar. Sometimes also during tobacco processing, fillers leaves can become crystalized and break very easily during bunching and compressing in the molds. Seeing the cigars in person, will help us tell if that was the problem with that tobacco. Yes the large stems that were in the pictures could have been placed in there by a poor roller but are most likely from the top of the full leaf. This is a part of the leaf that doesn't get pulled out before rolling. I believe I said base before by accident. I apologize for the confusion on that point.

You are very correct in saying that we might have a roller in the mix that is bad or even causing problems and when we receive the cigars back from NHC, we will be able to see where any problem is coming from.

I also forgot to mention in my previous email that I forwarded your email to the factory for Jaime and Pepin to look at so they could understand your concerns as I completely understood them and this is why I wished to have the cigars returned to NHC.

I wish to make sure that you are satisfied with either the product or a refund and I am sure NHC is also. I am sorry again for the problem and hope you understand why I sent you back to the retailer. My sincerest apology for the confusion. In the meantime, I will be contacting NHC again and checking in with Pepin and Jaime about your first email to see if they have any quick answers.

There was also a second email asking for my shirt size and address, that I would be receiving some swag.

I also got in on the Petit Robusto box sale. I've smoked 2 (and given 2 to some friends). So far no issues with mine. In fact one of them seemed more overfilled then under. Could be a different batch. I'll dissect one if it smokes poorly, but I don't think I'll sacrifice one unless it gives me reason.

How fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Pete after all he has been through.!

He lost his lawsuit, he went through a marketing problem. He had two cigars flop.

His blender turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a legal battle. All you people care about is….. readers and making money off of him.

HE’S A HUMAN! What you don’t realize is that Pete is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.

He hasn’t performed on stage in years. His cigar is called “la riqueza” for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE! MORE!.

Cigar Pass talked about professionalism and said if Pete was a professional he would’ve pulled it off no matter what.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

ROTFLMAO! I hope I'm not the only one who got that reference... ??? :laugh: ???

Nope! I did too! :sign: Classic!

Sad to say this whole thread doesn't even surprise me. I think it's typical of what Pepin and Pete are putting out lately.

BTW you guys asking where Tmoney is... He's hanging from Pete's ballsack! ;)

Sad to say this whole thread doesn't even surprise me. I think it's typical of what Pepin and Pete are putting out lately.

BTW you guys asking where Tmoney is... He's hanging from Pete's ballsack! ;)

jayro75,

I value every opinion when it comes to quality control and I am hoping you can tell me what other issues have been found.
Thanks,
Pete

Sounds like he's claiming there is a quality control problem with his product, or at least this line. Come on Pete. Swag is good, but maintaining good QC is better.

Sounds like he's claiming there is a quality control problem with his product, or at least this line. Come on Pete. Swag is good, but maintaining good QC is better.

LFK, I really don't believe there are any QC problems as I smoke between 50 and 100 cigars per week to check for any potential problems. I actually smoked a petit robusto last night after I received Gregs email and found no problems. I also have smoke a few dozen petit robustos in the last two weeks since the sale and also no problems. That is why I need to get the cigars back to me to check them. QC in the factory is amazing and anyone who wants to visit the factory has an open invitation.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for chiming in here. Answering the questions this community has can do alot of good for all of us.
I hate to say these things because the Noellas was the cigar that turned me onto cigars in the first place and I've always been a big fan of the brown labels.

The amount of stems which could be classified as twigs I've seen in La Riquezas, and Pepins MF 1922 lately is alarming. I pulled one out of a La Riqueza #1 a month or so ago that if I didn't know better I would've considered a branch. Almost every one of your new El Triunfadors I've smoked has been airy and underfilled to the point of making them flavorless. I've smoked each size numerous times and they all can be sucked through like a straw. These are obvious QC problems in the factory. I'm not sure who's to blame but there is a QC problem from what I've witnessed. Now maybe it's just me and I'm just unlucky to be picking up the few sticks that are not up to snuff. I don't know but this is what I've witnessed.

Jay

LFK, I really don't believe there are any QC problems as I smoke between 50 and 100 cigars per week to check for any potential problems. I actually smoked a petit robusto last night after I received Gregs email and found no problems. I also have smoke a few dozen petit robustos in the last two weeks since the sale and also no problems. That is why I need to get the cigars back to me to check them. QC in the factory is amazing and anyone who wants to visit the factory has an open invitation.

Pete

Thanks for posting Pete!

I understand that a certain number of "duds" will get through any system. However, I took
We always prefer for the cigars to be sent to the retailer who can supply either a replacement and/or a refund quickly and then we handle any replacement or refund directly with them. We do this so we can get the cigars back to us for inspection at our offices and so Pepin and Jaime Garcia can look at the product to see any potential issue.
&
You are very correct in saying that we might have a roller in the mix that is bad or even causing problems and when we receive the cigars back from NHC, we will be able to see where any problem is coming from.
to imply that there are regular returns and end users identifying QC related issues. No offense intended.

Edit:duds, not dudes. :blush:

Pete,

Thanks for chiming in here. Answering the questions this community has can do alot of good for all of us.
I hate to say these things because the Noellas was the cigar that turned me onto cigars in the first place and I've always been a big fan of the brown labels.

The amount of stems which could be classified as twigs I've seen in La Riquezas, and Pepins MF 1922 lately is alarming. I pulled one out of a La Riqueza #1 a month or so ago that if I didn't know better I would've considered a branch. Almost every one of your new El Triunfadors I've smoked has been airy and underfilled to the point of making them flavorless. I've smoked each size numerous times and they all can be sucked through like a straw. These are obvious QC problems in the factory. I'm not sure who's to blame but there is a QC problem from what I've witnessed. Now maybe it's just me and I'm just unlucky to be picking up the few sticks that are not up to snuff. I don't know but this is what I've witnessed.

Jay

Thanks Jay. I can't speak for the 1922 but I will definately touch on the Triunfador. The Triunfador is a very mild blend with using only Volado and Seco leaves which are very thin. Sometimes there are degrees of thickness to these leaves that can change the amount of fill. This is almost impossible to catch, when you have a roller used to bunching a certain amount of leaves. All of the cigars are gathered and weighed in wheels of 50 where we have a range of weight that we allow but before that we do multiple bunch checks to test for any draw issues. A loose draw when the cigar is fresh is hard to detect and it is possible for a few to slip through. After the rolling room and during pressing, the cigars continue to go through constant QC check points. I've had a few comments on the draw from the first batch and discussed this with the factory over two months ago. So hopefully any issue can be avoided in the future.

The stems or veins are normal part of a cigar leaf and can be found in every cigar. Some can be more prominent than others.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Pete

Thanks for posting Pete!

I understand that a certain number of "duds" will get through any system. However, I took
We always prefer for the cigars to be sent to the retailer who can supply either a replacement and/or a refund quickly and then we handle any replacement or refund directly with them. We do this so we can get the cigars back to us for inspection at our offices and so Pepin and Jaime Garcia can look at the product to see any potential issue.
&
to imply that there are regular returns and end users identifying QC related issues. No offense intended.

LFK,
No we receive very few cigars back for quality problems. Most cigars we get back from retailers are ones that got damaged during shipping. We sell only about 1.6 million cigars a year between all of our lines and we see only about 25 cigars come back per month with construction issues. Plugs, underfilled, etc. Wrapper problems normally come from damage during shipping and that's the majority of what gets sent back to us. We put new wrappers on them and that's what we normally smoke for samples.

Edit:duds, not dudes. :blush:

Pete,

Jay

Thanks Jay. I can't speak for the 1922 but I will definately touch on the Triunfador. The Triunfador is a very mild blend with using only Volado and Seco leaves which are very thin. Sometimes there are degrees of thickness to these leaves that can change the amount of fill. This is almost impossible to catch, when you have a roller used to bunching a certain amount of leaves. All of the cigars are gathered and weighed in wheels of 50 where we have a range of weight that we allow but before that we do multiple bunch checks to test for any draw issues. A loose draw when the cigar is fresh is hard to detect and it is possible for a few to slip through. After the rolling room and during pressing, the cigars continue to go through constant QC check points. I've had a few comments on the draw from the first batch and discussed this with the factory over two months ago. So hopefully any issue can be avoided in the future.

The stems or veins are normal part of a cigar leaf and can be found in every cigar. Some can be more prominent than others.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Pete,

Glad to know that you've worked on the draw problem with the El Triunfador. I haven't gotten any recent ones and all were from the first batch. I'll have to pick one or 2 up and see if that has changed. I know that stems are part of the leaf and that they can vary in size but what I'm talking about are stems that block all possibility of a draw through the stick. Now I hope that it was just me and I'm the unlucky bastard that picked the few problem sticks up and based on your response to LFK it seems that way. I can only say what I've seen so that's what I'm speaking to .

Jay

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

LOL - Leave him alone