• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How would you respond?

I've smoked about half a box of the La Riqueza No. 3 from the Cigar.com sale a couple weeks ago and every single one has been light as a feather with a very open draw. I will say however, that although they are like this, every one has smoked really well with an almost perfect amount of medium strength smoke, good spice, and good, rich flavor. I'm just not too awful keen on the really open draw as I do like it to have a bit more resistance and the cigar to have some substantial weight in the hand.

As you mentioned in previous email Pete, it's a decision between whether one really wants an open, very light draw or not. Do you know if it's just a certain batch of these La Riqueza being rolled this way? I'm always on the look out for Tats, more specifically La Riqueza, however I really don't want any more extremely light, open draw cigars.

I've smoked about half a box of the La Riqueza No. 3 from the Cigar.com sale a couple weeks ago and every single one has been light as a feather with a very open draw. I will say however, that although they are like this, every one has smoked really well with an almost perfect amount of medium strength smoke, good spice, and good, rich flavor. I'm just not too awful keen on the really open draw as I do like it to have a bit more resistance and the cigar to have some substantial weight in the hand.

As you mentioned in previous email Pete, it's a decision between whether one really wants an open, very light draw or not. Do you know if it's just a certain batch of these La Riqueza being rolled this way? I'm always on the look out for Tats, more specifically La Riqueza, however I really don't want any more extremely light, open draw cigars.

We seemed to have corrected the extra loose draw bunching. I believe it was in a small batch at the end of last year and some at the first of the year. Since noticing some from the El Triunfadors first batch, I believe we corrected it.

This is mighty good of you Pete to drop in and keep everyone updated as well as provide some input into other areas. I as a customer appreciate it.

We seemed to have corrected the extra loose draw bunching. I believe it was in a small batch at the end of last year and some at the first of the year. Since noticing some from the El Triunfadors first batch, I believe we corrected it.

That is excellent news! Thanks!

This is mighty good of you Pete to drop in and keep everyone updated as well as provide some input into other areas. I as a customer appreciate it.

I agree. You're beginning to restore some lost faith in me Mr. Johnson.

Thanks souldog. I'm just trying to keep it honest, open and real. It's hard to get a grasp of what's going on without seeing the cigars in person. I'm actually smoking one that Kingantz sent me down in Nicaragua now.

Thanks souldog. I'm just trying to keep it honest, open and real. It's hard to get a grasp of what's going on without seeing the cigars in person. I'm actually smoking one that Kingantz sent me down in Nicaragua now.

Any word on anything coming out that is stronger than the T110? I really liked it, but it was a bit milder than I expected (1st release).

Any word on anything coming out that is stronger than the T110? I really liked it, but it was a bit milder than I expected (1st release).

Smoke the Princess D.

nothing from me stronger than the T110. What's a Princess D?

Apparently it is the Opus X from the CFCF Fun Box 2009 that is going to rock my face right off Pete. I'm always looking for cigars that make me lose my lunch. I smoked the T110 here, did a review, and while it was awesome, it wasn't the scary pepper bomb they all told me... :(

Smoke the Princess D.

Its from the CFCF 2008 box which involves the Fuente Family and Prometheus which part of the money goes to the Charity that it helps support. Its actually called the Princessa D. Glad some can read. LOL!!!

Its one of the most powerful cigars that you can smoke. Only one I had stronger than it was the Opus X BBMF Maduro from the CFCF 2009 box. I am hoping that this is a fluke. That BBMF Maduro kinda scares me from the last one I smoked. Personally I think it was off since I have smoked one before and it didn't have that kick.

Smoke the Princess D.

Its from the CFCF 2008 box which involves the Fuente Family and Prometheus which part of the money goes to the Charity that it helps support. Its actually called the Princessa D. Glad some can read. LOL!!!

Its one of the most powerful cigars that you can smoke. Only one I had stronger than it was the Opus X BBMF Maduro from the CFCF 2009 box. I am hoping that this is a fluke. That BBMF Maduro kinda scares me from the last one I smoked. Personally I think it was off since I have smoked one before and it didn't have that kick.

Yeah dude, Brent told me the story of you and Brad and Tony at the herf, and what happened. I look forward to this new challenger. As I said in my T110 review though, if that T110 wasn't so small, I'd have one serious problem on my hands.

Thankfully, I'm aging my box quite nicely. ;)

Smoke the Princess D.

Yeah dude, Brent told me the story of you and Brad and Tony at the herf, and what happened. I look forward to this new challenger. As I said in my T110 review though, if that T110 wasn't so small, I'd have one serious problem on my hands.

Thankfully, I'm aging my box quite nicely. ;)

Jon, we've got something in common. Since hearing the stories about the Princessa D, I've decided that should I come across one, I'm doing a before dinner review on it.

/threadjack

Bump to request an update...

I smoked a #2 a few weeks ago that was so phenomenal I decided to order a box. Then I remembered this thread. I've never had problems with La Riquezas, but I wanted to ask the masses... any issues with this loose draw/shoddy construction recently, or did Pete make it right?

Then best way to deal with returns to retailers is to simply say you are not satisfied and request a return.

This wasn't Atlantic Cigars by any chance?

Shit Greg that really sucks Bro, you expect more than that from a La Riquezas considering what they cost. Quality Control problems hey.

That's some sad story.
Customer Service has been outsourced, no doubt.

Chemyst :cool: