• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How's Fuel Prices in Your area?

$3.12 Regular Unleaded (Avg.)
$3.60 Diesel

I remember when I started driving in 1989, gas was $0.89/gal. I could fill up my old Mustang, buy a soda, and a candy bar for less than $10.00. Now I can't make it to work with out spending $15.00

It's currently 3.50-3.95 USD out here in So-Cal...

I'm last payed $3.14 a gallon. I drive an F150, I love my truck but I pay just as much for gas each month as I do on my car payment. It's horrible.

Has anybody tried one of those programmers you can buy for cars and trucks. They usually have three settings, one for economy driving, one for towing and one for performance. I'm thinking about picking one up. I've heard on the economy setting you can get 3-5 extra miles per a gallon. If thats true it would eventually pay for itself.

I just payed $3.59 for premium in CT. Only got enough to get me home for spring break tho... It's fifty cents cheaper in NJ.

Hey, remember a few years ago when people said "Stop complaining; how much cheaper a gallon of milk is compared to gas!" Well, can't say that anymore, can they?! :angry: around 3.17 here in N. Virginia. I don't even look at the final price anymore. It will just piss me off.

$3.54 a gallon for diesel, but the local grocery has $.10 off if you buy so much at their store every month. Guess where I do all my grocery shopping! :laugh:

And I'm NOT looking forward to filling the boat up this summer. Lets see... at TODAYS price of $3.29 a gallon for unleaded... 127 gallon tank... 3mpg..

cagle00.gif

OUCH!

I'm last payed $3.14 a gallon. I drive an F150, I love my truck but I pay just as much for gas each month as I do on my car payment. It's horrible.

Has anybody tried one of those programmers you can buy for cars and trucks. They usually have three settings, one for economy driving, one for towing and one for performance. I'm thinking about picking one up. I've heard on the economy setting you can get 3-5 extra miles per a gallon. If thats true it would eventually pay for itself.

I have one for my diesel Ford F250 and it does help. I gained 2-3mpg with it, and picked it up pretty cheap on eBay. Supertuner I think it is?

Reg. UL here in Tacoma, WA is 3.39(+.10 and +.25 for mid and high grade) for the cheap arco stuff, 3.49 shell/chev/texaco etc. Diesel is 3.69-3.79 depending on which place you go to. I don't see how it can stay under 4.00 for the summer.

Ya Tug! those programmers do usually work to both advantages, delivering a buttload of power and at the same time if you're disciplined enough to keep the foot out of your newfound toy, the economy end udually does increase quite a bit... Matter of factly, I have an 88 Volvo 760 turbo Im thinking about making a gas mizer out of, cutting and ditching unneeded interior and trunk parts, etc. shaving weight, then messing with the fuel system, etc. and see what i can do...

I read it mentioned in the above posts, that the prices for someones services were going up... NOW we see the BIG picture... think about postage, shipping, delivery, etc. I see this going nowhere but bad....

sorry bout the doom and gloom, people- but might wanna stock up on cigars now...

D

It's $3.39 gal 87, $3.99 gal DSL.

I used to work in the oil business, and you have no idea the amount of anger that was caused by that job, knowing that even though these high prices are padding your wallet, they're raping society. Not only are these the highest prices in US history, but they are the largest profit margins in the history of oil companies.

There is no shortage, there is no raise in the operating costs and a large percentage of the oil barons are terrorists themselves, so there is no fear from that factor either. It is a way to fill their pockets to the brim. As previously mentioned, anger inducing.

Damn, and I thought I had it bad paying 3.29 for 93 octane! Good lord, the oil industry is making cash hand over fist :(

It's $3.39 gal 87, $3.99 gal DSL.

I used to work in the oil business, and you have no idea the amount of anger that was caused by that job, knowing that even though these high prices are padding your wallet, they're raping society. Not only are these the highest prices in US history, but they are the largest profit margins in the history of oil companies.

There is no shortage, there is no raise in the operating costs and a large percentage of the oil barons are terrorists themselves, so there is no fear from that factor either. It is a way to fill their pockets to the brim. As previously mentioned, anger inducing.

Thanks for the input TMarquis, it is well assumed by all that the real problem IS the fuel producers, oil supplers, and the like. But you have to KNOW that the profits are being passed UP the line to the (NO P words) that are in control of our country, otherwise how could they turn a blind eye and deaf ear to what is going on???

Agree or Disagree? Any consumer strategies?

I filled up the jeep today at Costco it was 3.59 which is usually 10 cents below average pump price in our area.Usually the worst prices in USA are here, Right Dan! I'm thinking about buying a new bicycle to save a LOT of money on gas, plus I get in shape too, BONUS! :rolleyes:

Fuggin' communists. :sign: :sign: :sign: DanTheMan, I wholeheartedly agree with you, very good insight.

And Swiss, you shop at Ralphs!!!

I paid over $3 for the first time ever last week. This week its $3.09 and take off 3 cents if I buy it where I shop for groceries.
No politics - They're ALL fuggin' us. I'm buying a bike. F them!!! Oh, and maybe build a few refineries, and don't hand me the crap about how it will take years and wil hurt som rose titted desert rat - I could care less!! Have you seen Extreem Home Makeover - we built a 4k sq ft home in 7 days, I think a refinery could be finished in a few weeks and create many jobs. - OK [steps off soap box]. :0

I use 10% ethanol petrol, which has a higher octane level, and burns cleaner. Plus, it is always cheaper at the pump.

Average price for me is $1.20 a litre. Costs me about $48 on average, cause I have a smaller petrol tank (Mercedes 190E) than a lot of others.