• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How's Fuel Prices in Your area?

Paying around 2.99 a gallon for regular in South Jersey. Doesn't seem so bad anymore after seeing what some pay!

I saw a sign for $3.25 here today, though last time I filled up it was about $3.

The won't be a strategy against it until one of two things happen. A. We find a completely alternative source of fuel, thats not wholly owned by current fuel makers/suppliers etc. B. We all go completely broke, and they have no other choice but to lower prices because they have literally no consumers.

The problem is supply and demand in this case is ass forwards. It doesn't work at all. When less people buy gas, they just jack the prices up to compensate for the loss in revenue. Eventually it will get to the point where people literally cannot buy fuel, unless they are essentially...rich. And they will just jack prices up even higher, until eventually the rich cannot afford it.

The best part about the whole thing is that it drives the cost of everything up. Cost of living anyone? Inflation? Tell me, when was the last time your place of employment gave you a raise that even came a tiny smidgen close to compensation for the rising costs in everything?

Its not just sad, its depressing. I think I need a drink. heh.

It's $3.39 gal 87, $3.99 gal DSL.

I used to work in the oil business, and you have no idea the amount of anger that was caused by that job, knowing that even though these high prices are padding your wallet, they're raping society. Not only are these the highest prices in US history, but they are the largest profit margins in the history of oil companies.

There is no shortage, there is no raise in the operating costs and a large percentage of the oil barons are terrorists themselves, so there is no fear from that factor either. It is a way to fill their pockets to the brim. As previously mentioned, anger inducing.

Thanks for the input TMarquis, it is well assumed by all that the real problem IS the fuel producers, oil supplers, and the like. But you have to KNOW that the profits are being passed UP the line to the (NO P words) that are in control of our country, otherwise how could they turn a blind eye and deaf ear to what is going on???

Agree or Disagree? Any consumer strategies?

Totally and completely agree, I've seen quite a few dollars changing hands that had nothing to do with the actual business. It's one reason I recently got out of the business, very recent, even though I'm making 10% of what I was before, I feel better about it.

As far as consumer strategies going, from the base consumers standpoint, if you see cheap gas/fuel, buy it. Even low end gas comes from the same local "rack(s)" as the high end Chevron/Shell gas. The additives added make no difference, there is less than half a gallon of additives added per 11,000 gallons of gas, making it SO "watered" down that any improvements made to the fuel via the additives is moot. Shell/Chevron/Texaco/etc. are merely sheisters, nothing more.

Also, just a heads up to everyone, don't get on the case of the station attendants, or the truck drivers delivering the fuel, neither of them have a single word of say in that stations prices.

The best thing to do to battle the rising prices would be to contact your local elected official, if these guys feel that the rising prices are going to hurt their careers/pockets, things will change.

$95 to fill-up the truck yesterday at $3.15.9/gal. :angry: 12 mpg in a full size van for my business REALLY strains the bank. Just going to Boswells today cost nearly $30 for the gas alone. An essential trip but expensive none the less! :D

Don’t get me wrong, I am in no way defending the oil companies. However, the major oil companies are public corporations and as such, their financial statements can be reviewed to determine exactly how much profit they are making. Their record profits are more a function of the volume they are selling and not the prices they are charging.

Now if you look at the federal, state, and in many cases, the local tax, I believe you will find that the tax paid per gallon exceeds the profit per gallon the oil companies make. I believe this is why the government won’t do anything about it.

The oil producing countries are the ones making huge money hand over fist. Supply and demand is what is causing it. They control the supply and the rest of the world provides the demand. Until demand declines, they can charge whatever they can get away with.

Perhaps we (the USA) should build more nuclear facilities, start drilling in Anwar, Alaska, and build a few more refineries. By doing so we could reduce demand and become less oil dependent on other countries. We haven’t built a new refinery in over 30 years or a new nuclear generating facility in around 20 years.

Just my angry 2 cents. :angry:

Oil prices have dropped dramatically since August. I paid $4.39 a gallon in Yreka, California back then(should have filled up in Oregon) and filled up, here, yesterday for $2.09. Morning news is at one station in town selling for $1.99. :thumbs:

East 233rd Street and Webster Avenue:

87: $2.49
89: $2.69
93: $2.79

Rt. 81 on the West Virginia/Virginia border

$1.73 Gal

Northern Delaware
$1.87 regular (Valero) on the way into work this morning.

In one town over I saw gas at $1.99!! Sad that we find that so exciting. I remember when I first started driving I got it for $.95 a gallon.

$1.94 - $1.99 outside Boston here.....

I agree it is kinda of sad that we are getting excited about this.

Makes you really think about WTF is going on, when less than six months ago peole were talking about it reaching over $5 a gallon.

Round here it was $1.69 yesterday. August I was filling up for $120. Now it's $50. I'm not bitchin... :D

Being in the trucking buisness fuel prices really kick us in the arse when they get high. It's a great relief now that it's come back down.

with that said, gasoline is $2.08 and diesel is down to $2.99/gal.

$1.73 / 87 that's all I use so I don't even look at the other prices. SA France Ave. and West Lake. :laugh: