• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I am trying to find the positives...

JHawk

Just Another La Flor Whore
Well, after 8+ years with the company and 5 1/2 in my current position, I lost my job today. Basically, my supervisor decided she didn't want me around any more and just kept at it till she finally "won" But, I received a month of severance pay AND the knowledge that I don't have to work for that *&%#$ any longer!

I can spend more time with my 1 year old son and my wife, who is home recovering from surgery. So that is a plus. I have a few options that I will explore starting in the near future, so wish me luck!

Edited to point out update on pg. 2

Another edit... I have a new job starting on Tuesday. It is a "Temp to Hire" thing, but I am confident that I will be hired on permantely.

One more edit -- see page 4. :(

JHAWK, that sucks I wish you luck in your job search.

Change sparks creativity, sometimes change is for the better, even if it comes when we were not ready for it.

Good luck man. Jam1173 makes a great point. Enjoy your family and then go get 'em.

I hope everything works out for ya. Hopefully a few years from now, you'll be able to run into her while holding a higher position. Sweet vengeance? ;)
Good luck to you and your family during this rough time.

Make your job finding a job and then enjoy the new position.

Your own company or someting bigger and better, this is karma, Jon. You already have a job and that's to find the bigger and better. Think positive!

Damn Jon, I hate to hear this. I'm going to sniff around and see if I can come up with anything.

Sorry to hear that Jon! You have already shown the proper disposition and are taking it in stride.

Same thought different delivery, "Where one door closes another one opens".

Good luck to you brother!
I hope you find a great job quick!

-Rob

Sorry to hear about the job loss, when I stopped working the only thing that kept me going was being able to spend a lot of time with the family.

Good luck.

Here's to landing on your feet and finding something bigger and better in no time!

That's rough man. I hope you find a new position soon, but until then enjoy your time with the family.

Sorry to hear about the tough times... Wish you all the best of luck during this time. One thing that often happens though, she will get hers in the end... Seems like what goes around eventually.

I went through something similar just a few months ago - anyone ever heard of IndyMac? ;)

Best of luck finding a new job - I'm sure you'll come across something better.

Keep the faith Jon, things will work out for the best. Enjoy the time with the family...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Sorry to hear of the loss Jon, but it sounded like perhaps in the long run this may pay off for you. I wish ya good luck on this next stage of your life :)