• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have sad news.

I'm too new here to have known Brian, but not too new to have noticed, read, and appreciated many of his posts. Seeing this outpouring on his behalf, I am reminded of some verses from the Havamal, which among my own folk are quoted on such sad, sad occasions:

Cattle die, kinsmen die
We ourselves die too
One thing I know that doesn't die
The fame of a good man's deeds.

Cattle die, kinsmen die
We ourselves die too
One thing I know that doesn't die
The good name we leave behind.

May Brian's ancestors welcome him warmly into their shining company.

~Boar

RIP my BOTL.My prayers are with your family.We have lost a great 1.

Yesterday it occured to me he hadn't been around in two weeks. I had a bad feeling. RIP Brian. Damn I'm going to miss you.

Doc.

What a joyous day it must have been for the LORD as he opened His arms and His gates to Heaven to greet such a wonderful man. And what a truely sad day it was for his family to also loose this wonderful man.

To his family, I would like to offer my deepest condolences and heartfelt prayers. To the LORD above please know you have one of the good ones, take good care of him.

This past year as Brian and his family made their way cross country, and eventually to the East Coast, we talked about Cape Cod. He just had to know the best places to eat and best things to do there. I explained alot about the Cape to Brian, passed on some of the best places Sandy and I eat at while there, and tried to explain to him about P-Town...He laughed quite a bit and was just alittle nervous about his family visiting there, but he just couldnt wait to see the Cape. :)

Well hope you got to enjoy some of the goodness Brian.

RIP Brian. I can only hope your family finds some bit of solace in reading these posts and knows how truely loved you were here at CP.

Art

**edit for spell check

He will be missed by family,friends and many BOTL. Rest easy Brian and God Speed

It is amazing how somebody who was just posting last week could end up passing on the next. I am truly saddened by this news and the true generosity that Brian displayed to me will never be forgotten.

I will definitely smoke one of Brian's gifts to me in tribute to a great man.

Totally shocking news. I am so sad that we have lost such a great friend. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Bob

What a profoundly saddening way to start the day, and quite a tragic loss. Brian will be sorely missed.

We have lost a well respected member of CP. RIP Brian
Prayers sent to family.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Brian. But one only needs to read a little here on the pages of CP to find out what kind of man he was. From his travels it was clear that this was a man who celebrated life. From his numerous contests and acts of generosity you could tell he was a kind man who believed in the PIF way of life. He lent a guiding hand in the true spirit of the FOG and you could tell he had a well defined sense of fairness, honesty and integrity.

I can't think of a special occasion in my life that will call for the 80th outside of my 8 year old daughter's wedding (hopefully in 30 years or so :sign: ). Decisions, decisions........
Wow, it always amazes me how some guys will hold onto a stick until it becomes useless to smoke. It's just another cigar, celebrate your life, smoke the damn thing.
Tomorrow's another day, you will acquire another so called, special occasion smoke. Celebrate your kids life with that one.

Brian

That represents the extent of my interaction with Brian and it could not have made more of an impression even had my father said it to me. It really says a lot about his view on life and he is absolutely correct about it.

Ryan, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I truly hope you decide to stick around and frequent CP. If your father imparted as much wisdom to you in your lifetime as he did with me in one post, you would be a welcome addition to our home. RIP Brian, you will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. my fellow BOTL, Brian.

Thoughts and my deepest prayers go to his family.

I also will join everyone with a smoke Wednesday night with one of the best cigars in my humidor, actually gifted to me by Brian.

Rich

Ryan,
I am not a real emotional type guy, but reading your post brought more than tears to my eyes. We all got to enjoy his comments, generosity and knowledge here on the boards. We will sorely miss him. I really enjoyed reading his posts.

My deepest condolences,
Rich

Brian, you started out as a customer but quickly turned into a friend. I learned soo much from you in a short time. You will be missed dearly brother... Prayers to your family.

To Infinity and beyond...Rest in peace, my brother. Thank you for being a friend.

Ryan, my thoughts, prayers, well wishes and heart go out to you and your family.

Sad and unexpected news to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. RIP Brother.