• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm going to lose 100 lbs.

Way to go guys!!!

I rarely work out, but I watch what I eat ona normal basis. I've managed to actually lose a lot of weight and keep it off, by keeping an eye on the foods I decide to buy at the grocery store. Get some healthy snacks that will kill your hunger cravings in between meals. Although they maybe high in carbs, but low in fat I suggest pretzels.

Good luck to all.

Edit: clicked add before finishing my thought! LOL.

good luck.

I'm running about 245 and would love to shed about 45.

We should throw a fiver up to whoever loses the most

I am in the same boat. I think I am 245 but the scale at the gym was super broken today. Anyways I am looking to get down to 200

I'm trying to get back on the wagon myself. Need to lose some pounds I gained over the holidays. I've managed to lose weight recently, so it's all a matter of getting the will power up again. Of course, every one is different and what has worked for me won't necessarily work for you, but I offer these suggestions that I've used with great results:

While the gym is great, you'll lose more weight through healthy eating than working out.

Drink more water. I strive for at least 8 glasses or more per day.

Eat more often. Sounds counter-intuitive, but if you eat 5 to 6 meals per day with the extra meals being a piece of fruit or some healthy snack, you'll speed up your metabolism.

Eat more veggies. Steamed is always better than fried or some such.

SMALLER PORTIONS! As a red-blooded American, we have the tendency to eat until we're stuffed. WRONG thing to do. Cut back on your portion sizes. Just this simple act will make a big difference, and you'll probably be surprised (as I was) at how little your body needs to eat in order to feel satiated.

Common sense, the double cheese burger, large fries, and jumbo coke are not good for you. Limit your intake of crappy food. Hey, we all splurge every once in a while, but try to minimize them.

If you're gonna eat those calories, make it worth it. Forget the piece of pie at Denny's. It's probably not all that good and you probably won't be satisfied with it anyway. Save those empty calories for a really good desert at a good restaurant.

Cut the sweets. No more candy bars, junk snacks, chocolates, shakes, etc. Only once in a while, not every day. If you're gonna snack, snack on healthier foods, fruit, veggies, juice, etc.

Pasta is loaded with carbs. Bread too. Switch white bread with whole wheat bread. Switch white rice with brown rice.

"Eat to live, NOT live to eat."

Keep it up. This will take a while. Don't expect results overnight.

Will power. You have to want it. Badly. If not you're just fooling yourself.

I spent hours at the gym and got in fairly good shape. I went from about 285 down to 252. But I never really altered my eating habits. Well, along comes a back injury limiting my exercise from a fair amount to almost nothing. Now, my exercise consists of daily walks (only about 1.3 miles) and changing my eating habits. In the past 4-5 months I went from about 250 down to 224 (+7 from the holidays :blush: ). I lost more weight from changing my eating habits then I ever did going to the gym and working out.

Good luck, and keep it up. If you want it bad enough, you'll do it.

look at it this way. My dad is 56 and 330 pounds. He is going to kill himself because of it and i am going to be pissed because he never lost it and got healthy. So if you have children, think about that.

Andy,

While I was never at the point of losing 100lbs, I can suggest a good first step: drink only water and lots of it. Then start reducing simple carbohydrates: chips, white breads, white potatoes, candy, and other sugary items. This is not to say cut out all carbohydrates, that would be silly. The complex ones are better for you: fruits and vegetables.

Contrary to popular opinion, weightlifting is good for you, when done properly, and will help you lose weight. When the engine is bigger (more muscle) you are going to consume more energy. It also gets your heart going; you should take the pulse of someone after he's finished a set.

Finally, eat small and frequently, but eat well when you do. 5 small meals will be better for your body than 3 bigger meals. Also, eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. In other words, your caloric intake should be large in the morning and taper as the day progresses.

Good luck! It can be done. There are a lot of good tips in this thread. I myself need to drop about 40 more lbs. Besides diet, one thing that helps me is that I started martial arts about a year ago. Not only do I enjoy class, practicing during the week is good exercise, and fun. So if you find yourself getting "board" with your cardio workouts, consider some type of group class, such as martial arts, swimming, join a running group, bicycle group, etc . . .

I lost 15 pounds in less than three months just by taking the stairs at work, and I no longer drink pop. I feel like I have plateaued, but once it gets warmer out, I will be able to get out and exercise. Good luck nonetheless. PM me when you lose the 100th, and I will have a congratulatory surprise coming your way. I mean it!

I'm in. I'm current at 295 and want to get down to 200 - 210.

My friend the personal trainer gave me three pieces of advice:

1. Don't do diets. Eat better foods and responsible portions.

2. Exercise. Weight training is essential because building muscles burns calories even after you're done working out. Aerobic exercise is important as well to build strong cardiovascular health.

3. Losing weight isn't a job. While it's important to make time to exercise, you shouldn't sacrifice the way you live your life in order to lose weight, otherwise you'll get burnt out.

I'd be up for "The Biggest Loser : Cigar Pass". Remember it's all about percentages to keep those of us with smaller weight to lose still in the game :) Although, I could stand to drop about 15 Kilos.

Ery

Hey bro, I'm on a workout kick with you. I started 2 months ago at 335 and I think I'll break 310 tomorrow morning, I was 311 today. I'm looking for 265 at 13% body fat.. I've been working out 4 days a week, tracking my calories, and drinking the heck out of water. At this point I'm having to struggle to eat my minimum caloric intake of 2400 a day. My maintenance caloric intake is 3600!

I carry a windows mobile phone, its my leash, so I figured I'd put it to good use. Every time I eat something I calculate the calories and track it in Excel on my phone. Always round up, because you'll always underestimate what you think you ate. I'm eating chicken breasts, venison, elk, and turkey like its going out of style.

The neat thing is my muscle is coming back FAST! I've almost doubled my workout weight in almost every muscle group since I started. So I've probably lost 35lbs or more of fat and put on 10 in lean muscle. I forgot how great it feels..

Good luck! If you want to trade recipes, I got some good ones! For instance, we made stuffed bell peppers tonight with venison and an entire large stuffed green pepper was 490 calories, and I was stuffed!

Okay..... Me too.....

Support Group for Fat guys. PM me if your interested, maybe get a little contest going. Some variation of BMI calculations.

Brandon

I would really like to lose some more weight this year as well. Last year I lost 20lbs. Went from 300 to 280. I am not around 285. I'd like to eventually be down to 200-210

Good luck on loosing that weight.
I in the past 3 months lost almost 30 lbs.
I started running and now days I'm running 10k 3 times a week.
I just got back from a run,its a very good feeling.
The only problem is to maintain and stay in a routine workout.
One thing for sure it will be easier after the first couple of weeks.
:)

y'all should post up pictures of the process. it really does help to see the progress. :cool:

y'all should post up pictures of the process. it really does help to see the progress. :cool:

I'll go first. Here's my fatty fatness.

fatty.jpg