• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

I have finished the 6 tough treatments. 

Yesterday I had the first of a minimum treatment, "Avastin".  It is a chemo drug that hopefully will keep the cancer at bay for a while.  I am in "Partial Remission". The cancer is still there just in a reduced state.  Avastin has given people with 2 or less areas that have metastasized an average of 31 months of additional longevity. I have 6 areas plus the original Lung mass.  Right now, I am hoping for some new drug or becoming a participant in some new clinical trials expected to come out soon.  I am still fighting this monster inside me, and I sure appreciate the support, concern and Brotherhood you gentlemen have provided.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the update.  Sounds like no small victory, despite the heavy predictions.  A positive outlook and determination will go a long way.  Keep up the fight.  We are keeping you in our thoughts every day.

Steve thanks for sharing with us. Winning small battles helps, hopefully you can get into that clinical trial. I got you in my thoughts and prayers!

Still thinking of you just about every day Steve! Just don't know what might be around the corner..... How's your wife holding up?

Thanks for the update Steve! We know it's not over, but partial remission sounds good right now. Keep up the good fight. Please?

Bev has been amazingly strong.  We are both very aware of what is going on and where we are in the process.  Together we have made "end of life" plans and have agreed to  live as though I am going to make it but be prepared for when I don't.  She is now and always has been a great wife. 

Thanks for asking.  I'll let her know.
jfields said:
Still thinking of you just about every day Steve! Just don't know what might be around the corner..... How's your wife holding up?

broblues said:

Bev has been amazingly strong.  We are both very aware of what is going on and where we are in the process.  Together we have made "end of life" plans and have agreed to  live as though I am going to make it but be prepared for when I don't.  She is now and always has been a great wife. 

Thanks for asking.  I'll let her know.

I don't envy you Steve, you've been dealt a pretty shitty hand, but you're overcoming it and that alone is amazing.  I think the above would be the hardest part for me, especially when it came to my kids.  I can pretty much handle anything, but once my wife or kids get emotional about something, that's when I break. 

Whatever you're doing, seems to be working, so keep it up!  You're definitely an inspiration to your family here on CP and we wouldn't expect anything less.

Thanks for the update.  Stay strong!

Today I finished my 8th treatment overall and my 2nd Avastin only treatment.  I also received a bone strengthener.  The cancer in my body is at bay........hopefully for a period of time.  The  next couple of treatments will continue to be just like the one I had today.  In December sometime, I will have another PET scan to check on the condition of my cancer cell growth.  Until then there hopefully will be nothing exciting to write about.  I am expected to get feeling a little better as time goes on and the effects of the 6 previous treatments fade.  I have some joint aches and pains that some blame on Avastin, but the Oncologist says he never heard of that symptom.  We're hanging in there the best we can and I will continue to inform as time goes by.

Thanks guys....

Steve 

Thanks for stopping by Steve, glad to hear things are at least at bay.  Stay strong my friend.

Good news Steve!

Keep on keeping on, stay strong!!!