• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In-laws Just Got Back From A Cruise

Justin:

Tell us the particulars of how they were presented to you. Were your in laws pleased with themselves or did they have any idea what they bought?

I think the hardest thing is you having to thank them and tell them how great they were, unless they are close to you and can take the truth. They tried and that says something about their generosity that should be noted. It would almost be worth smoking one to see what a fake tastes like (or not).

My god Justin. Those thing look horrible. I especially like the faded out bands, like they have been sitting in the sun for years with nothing but a glass top to protect them.

They probably don't even have a clue that there is such thing as counterfeits. That's what sucked the most was that it was really thoughtful of them to pick them up for me. I'll smoke one for sure, just to see if they taste as bad as they look.

I'll smoke one for sure, just to see if they taste as bad as they look.
You're a brave man. I'd work out a deal to get a real one and then smoke that one in front of them.

One thing for sure, tell them to never buy cigars again as you just found out the market is flooded with fakes!

Have you shared this with you wife?

I would hang on to them and periodically give one to that guy who "knows everything" and sit back and watch. At least you will get some pleasure from them!

Have you shared this with you wife?

I would hang on to them and periodically give one to that guy who "knows everything" and sit back and watch. At least you will get some pleasure from them!
Ditto on hanging on to them. I would buy a box of those glass top Cohibas to show people if I could get them for the price they are worth.

Before you smoke one, cut one open to see what's inside. You never know. You might end up smoking grass! Don't forget the picture.

Damn, dem are some really rough looking smokes. I too hope they didn't get ripped off paying that much.

I always tell family members NEVER to buy me any cigars while on a trip.

Before you smoke one, cut one open to see what's inside. You never know. You might end up smoking grass! Don't forget the picture.

A little grass never hurt no-one.

I'll smoke one for sure, just to see if they taste as bad as they look.

I'm sure they do!
You've got a real dillema on your hands. I read in another similar thread that the victim took the opportunity to educate the giver. Hey, you never know. Next time they might just come back with the REAL DEAL!
I'd put money on it!

Bad fakes for sure, but their heart was in the right place. If they're Cozumel fakes, the $350 was a bit less than $35 US

Scary looking cigars. Well, I guess it's the thought that counts for your in-laws. I'd still appreciate the effort.