• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In memory of MadMonk

Absolutely floored. Rest in peace brother, way too soon. I lost my dad the same way, I'm not surprised he didn't talk about it. You're going to be sorely missed around here Dan. Thanks for everything you've done for this place.

WHAT?? Sonofabitch...

I expected this to be something about a bomb, as well. As many, I didn't know the severity of his illness, though I knew he was recently in the hospital. I'm heartbroken and gutted. He was such a big part of this community.

When I joined this community 13+ years ago , it was all about the cigars...but weeks became months, and months became years. I've made a few friends along the way, crossed paths with more than a few knuckleheads , and shared momentarially in the lives of thousands of brothers, all because of a simple leaf. Truth be told, I may not have stayed if I knew how much it would hurt to lose the good guys in the end.

Rest in peace , MadMonk.

This is heartbreaking news. MadMonk was always one of the pillars of this community. His candor and even temperament set the standard for how to be welcoming, informative and just plain old kind. I truly wish is family peace now that Danno is in a better place.

Wow! I thought this was some kind of joke bomb thread and had no idea....Thats terrible news!

Don't know what to say.......

I just did a trade with him about six weeks ago. Was waiting for some good stuff to come in and reciprocate. At least he got a promotion, from Monk to Angel. R.I.P. Brother.

Not something I wanted to read. Dan was a great guy, had numerous conversations with him.

Rest easy brother

Not what I was expecting to log-in and read today. Very unfortunate news.

Rest easy, Dan.

Definitely a shock. I'll miss his posts. Light up a good one for him, folks.

What sad news to log in to. I've had countless conversations with him over the many years we've been here. He truly was a class act, and one of the best of this community.