• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In memory of MadMonk

Danno had become a good friend over the years. We chatted at least once a week but more often daily.Deapite the many health issues he had been battling he always made sure to ask how the girls were (Bri and Madelyn) and even made sure to send our daughter something for her birthday.

We spoke last on June 2 when he told me he was at peace with what he was going through and ready for it all to end. He knew it was a death sentence and the only reason he had any fight in him was for his son but knew it was a fight he wasn't going to win.

He was a great friend and will be missed dearly. This community was better for having him a part of it. His passing is a great loss. RIP my friend.

This is very sad to hear, RIP Dan - . This has been a terrible year for loss in our community

No freaking way man! Did not expect this at all. Dan was the first member to reach out to me when I first joined. He was always such a nice all around gentleman. Cancer really is a piece of shit. You will be missed Dan, rest in piece.

Last edited:
This just breaks my heart. I got to know Dan pretty well during my time here but have lost track the last couple of years so I had no idea he was fighting for his life. He was a talented, caring and generous man and like others have said he lived for his son. RIP my friend, your son will be in my prayers.

Son of a bitch.

I knew he was in the hospital through chatting we had the last few weeks. Hell, there he was on a hospital bed trying to track me down some cigars I was looking for....making every effort to have them shipped from his home since he couldn't get there. Unbelievable. I ultimately said it wasn't nearly that big of a deal and he should keep them, I would find elsewhere.

But I checked on him from time to time to see how he was doing, as he asked me not to post anything about him being in the hospital. On 1 June he said his health was improving and his message seemed very upbeat. Obviously not the case.

Damn it. CP has lost one of it's greatest. Rest in peace Danno. Next smoke is for you.

Now cracks a noble heart.—Good night, sweet prince,
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!—

You will be missed

T

Dan's favorite beer was Westmalle Dubbel. He even called me once from the grocery store to discuss his purchasing options. I believe he used to buy it by the case. It's terrible to hear of his early passing.

Very sad news indeed. RIP Dan. I had the opportunity to herf with him in Ocala, Florida one year when he came down to visit his mother. Our sons are the same age and we always talked about meeting somewhere in southern Georgia to get them together. He was one of the regulars in the old chat room and was always welcoming. He was a great friend and great loss for this community.

I'm new still to this forum and never really had conversed with him much or have gotten to know him. But by all the love I see here for him. I can see he was a great man,liked by many. I wish I have gotten the chance to get to know this brother more. RIP buddy and my condolences to his family and many many friends here on this great forum. We can send people to the moon,Clone animals and soon people,do all kinds of scientific marvels... but we still can't cure this nasty,shitty disease...! Boggles the mind. I have lost family and friends to this long overdue to be cured cancer. People are sick I believe there is a cure or cures that's being withheld. It's more money for big pharm to treat rather than cure. Ahh it disgusts me.

Carlo—

Last edited:
I haven't checked in all weekend and now I wish I didn't. I am shocked and will miss him dearly.

RIP
Paul

I just heard the news and am at a loss for words. Danno, was a brother to many of us and his passing is a loss to us all.

God bless and Rest In Peace, Danno.

The fact that this one is tough on many of us is a high compliment to Dan.

Dan and I were both having really tough times back in 2009. We spoke countless times, we traded messages, we sent cigars back and forth. He helped me more than I could explain to him. I have to say that I am not sure I would have made it through those dark days without his help, his advice, and his just being himself. I could go on and on. Our connection, started on CigarPass, continued all of the rest of the years. I could probably write a classic eulogy for Dan that would rise to a James Joyce level of wordsmith character. But regardless of how much respect and regard I have for him (notice no past tense), I am going to honor the request not to obsess on the sadness.

So, on Saturday I will partake in:

Elmer T. Lee (We shared a love of that spirit)
La Aurora Cien Anos (We joked forever about that cigar...my last conversation with him was about the fact that I only had two left)
Pasta (He never got over my demeaning comments about pasta being seventeen cents for a ton)

Rest in Peace, Dan.

I haven't checked in for a few days and news like this makes me wish I hadn't today. I, like many others didn't know things were so serious. RIP my brother.

This is heartbreaking. So many others have put to words what I can't.

Danno, we'll miss you brother. Rest in peace.