• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Index Page for Reviews in this Forum

Kudos dude, that's awesome!!! I'm definitely smelling a sticky here. Nice work! One question though, I'm planning on doing a review tonight, do I need to PM you anything or do you just keep an eye on the forum to update it?

This is very cool! :thumbs: I just went through a bunch of my reviews. It was great remembering all those great cigars! :D

I have just spent about an hour going down the list and reading reviews. At the moment I can't think of an easier way to do this. I also just dropped a couple hundred on another box because I was so pumped :laugh:

Thanks all for all the positive comments!

do I need to PM you anything or do you just keep an eye on the forum to update it?
Is there a way that we can help you when we post a new review to keep you and it updated?
Its not necessary. I have a little java app that grabs any new reviews, and updates the data in the script. I then edit the title as needed, and upload the updated script. If the thread title and description are the cigar name and cigar size, then editing the title is easier. The way Kingantz names his threads works really well (btw congrats Kingantz on your 100th review!), but not necessary as long as the info needed is in the review.

I tried searching for NUB review but search didn't work.
Hmm... The only thing I can think of is that if there was whitespace surrounding "nub" then the search could fail. I added a trim function to remove any leading or trailing whitespace. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

- Phil

do I need to PM you anything or do you just keep an eye on the forum to update it?
Is there a way that we can help you when we post a new review to keep you and it updated?
Its not necessary. I have a little java app that grabs any new reviews, and updates the data in the script. I then edit the title as needed, and upload the updated script. If the thread title and description are the cigar name and cigar size, then editing the title is easier. The way Kingantz names his threads works really well (btw congrats Kingantz on your 100th review!), but not necessary as long as the info needed is in the review.

Hmm... The only thing I can think of is that if there was whitespace surrounding "nub" then the search could fail. I added a trim function to remove any leading or trailing whitespace. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

- Phil

Thanks! Fixin' to be 101. :D

- Phil

I am impressed with how fast the reviews get listed. I did the Gan Habano #5 at like 3:45 this morning and it is already indexed. Kudos brother.

Wow, this is awesome man, thanks a bunch for putting this together!

I just sorted by name/reviewer. I think someone hacked my account and posted some of those earlier reviews. I honestly don't remember some of those cigars (thank God). Interesting how tastes mature. :)

Should this be moved to the important topics under "Cigar Reviews | Watcha Been Smokin' Lately"?

So you don't have to keep searching for the linky?

I just sorted by name/reviewer. I think someone hacked my account and posted some of those earlier reviews. I honestly don't remember some of those cigars (thank God). Interesting how tastes mature. :)

Yeah, I have to agree. I don't recall ever reviewing a Pinar, but I guess I did... (blech)

Should this be moved to the important topics under "Cigar Reviews | Watcha Been Smokin' Lately"?

I think Rod plans on incorportating something into the new site once he gets it up Dean.

I think Rod plans on incorportating something into the new site once he gets it up Dean.

Will pin this thread. Like John said, I'm going to try to incorporate this into the new site.

Great work. This is and will be a valuable asset to the community. Maybe there is a way that all of us can contribute when we post a review.

Awesome, thanks for the work you put into this!

Can you upgrade it, though? Make it interactive so whenever I click on a review that same cigar pops out of my screen so I can smoke it and compare notes.

Very cool DB, thanks for taking the time to put this together! Maybe incorporate a way to add in additional reviews, it would make it easier on you if it was 'wiki'-ish in that sense.