• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insomnia

Re-runs of “friends” usually does it for me, as I constantly wake up to “Christmas baking” shows....

And I mean I like the show, no offense to friends lovers out there.

CBD has worked wonders for me. Helps with sleep and really made a big impact on my anxiety. Sadly my company was sold to a state that roped CBD and THC into the same group (which is trash) so I had to stop taking CBD. Melatonin is a great alternative. I’ve been taking it for about 15ish years now. I would start with 3mg and see what that does for you. I typically take 10mg.

Watch any show narrated by Robert Clotworthy.
Ancient Aliens and Oak Island are my two favorites to fall asleep to.

I dealt with really bad insomnia when my youngest daughter was little. It was probably the worst point in my life; stress for work, up all night at work, laying in bed the next night, unhappy with marriage, and to be honest, life in general. Talked to my doctor and he put me on Ambein for sleep and Cailis for ED issues. I was 31 at the time.

The Ambein worked with no huge side effects, since I was only taking it 1 day out of 3. Addressing the underlying mental and martial issues did more than the medication.

Not sure how this applies to your situation, but insomnia can be a symptom of something else. I hope you able to get it under control. Still have it occasionally but usually able to manage by reading a non-fiction book for 30 minutes or so

Did Ambein remain effective even when you only took it once every three days? I had looked into that a few years ago, but my mother has really bad insomnia and ambein was her go to. But she would frequently pass out at the table or fall on her way to bed because she was so loopy. Always made me nervous to try. Maybe she was taking it too early in the evening 🤷‍♂️

It's Fraiser for me, 😂

Fraiser is my jam!

But yea I find watching a show you've seen a bunch helps, because you aren't concentrating on the plot or figuring out what happens next. Also, I find low ambient sounds to help. I use to use my Alexa for that. It has a huge selection of sounds to choose from. My favorite was "space deck" if you ever watched Star Trek The Next Generation, it was the same hum you would hear from the Enterprise. lol

Did Ambein remain effective even when you only took it once every three days? I had looked into that a few years ago, but my mother has really bad insomnia and ambein was her go to. But she would frequently pass out at the table or fall on her way to bed because she was so loopy. Always made me nervous to try. Maybe she was taking it too early in the evening 🤷‍♂️

I love Ambien -- I'd take it every night if I could (and it was prescribed). However, it's some really strong shit, and you have to be careful. Do not take it until you are absolutely ready to fall asleep -- meaning IN BED, already, and away from the G'Damn internet! Bad things happen on the internet when you are under the influence of Ambien (I speak from experience).

I dealt with really bad insomnia when my youngest daughter was little. It was probably the worst point in my life; stress for work, up all night at work, laying in bed the next night, unhappy with marriage, and to be honest, life in general. Talked to my doctor and he put me on Ambein for sleep and Cailis for ED issues. I was 31 at the time.

The Ambein worked with no huge side effects, since I was only taking it 1 day out of 3. Addressing the underlying mental and martial issues did more than the medication.

Not sure how this applies to your situation, but insomnia can be a symptom of something else. I hope you able to get it under control. Still have it occasionally but usually able to manage by reading a non-fiction book for 30 minutes or so
Yeah, work has been pretty crazy since the 'rona started, t and the last month especially
Think the stress is finally catching up to me

On the plus side, got a solid 2 hours of sleep lady night probably because right after I finally fell asleep my wife woke me up to let the dogs out because they were whining! 😂

I love Ambien -- I'd take it every night if I could (and it was prescribed). However, it's some really strong shit, and you have to be careful. Do not take it until you are absolutely ready to fall asleep -- meaning IN BED, already, and away from the G'Damn internet! Bad things happen on the internet when you are under the influence of Ambien (I speak from experience).
Yeah, my wife got a few Ambein fueled messages at night my from mom. Lol. Nothing mean. Just overly emotional lol

Yeah, work has been pretty crazy since the 'rona started, t and the last month especially

On the plus side, got a solid 2 hours of sleep lady night probably because right after I finally fell asleep my wife woke me up to let the dogs out because they were whining! 😂

That reminded me of this:

1608132023018.png

I use to have a lab that if he need to go in the middle of the night he would stick his snout right next to my ear and let out one loud single bark. Talk about make my soul jump out of body! I swear that dog took 10 years off my life span lol! Still one of the best doggos ever.

The short answer, at least for me, is yes it worked.

I started on my Kelly week (24 shift of work) and wanted to make sure I would not be a total zombie if I took it. Once I figured that out I would use it the day after my shift. It's crazy but I would be up close to 36 hours straight but be too tired to sleep, which carried over into the next day worrying about getting up for work. Ambien helped break the cycle. Sleep is something overlooked when it comes to physical and mental health.

You guys devalue my 1, 2 method, but this really works... it’s a “mind hack” diverting all of your attention to each breath... No drugs, no tv... i Challenge you to try it, the next time you have trouble falling asleep...

You guys devalue my 1, 2 method, but this really works... it’s a “mind hack” diverting all of your attention to each breath... No drugs, no tv... i Challenge you to try it, the next time you have trouble falling asleep...
I tried it last night, didn't work! 😂

Definitely will give it another go though, not sure I gave it a disciplined enough try.

Next time I have trouble sleeping I'll will give it a try. With the way work has been lately, falling asleep hasn't been an issue.

Next time I have trouble sleeping I'll will give it a try. With the way work has been lately, falling asleep hasn't been an issue.
Funny, I'm having the exact opposite reaction even though I'm completely exhausted.