• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insomnia

Very well said, I too will drop anything to talk with a brother in need or who just needs to take their mind off things. Anytime of the day/night is fine. Shit we can even use the Vherf link and burn one and just talk about nothing if it'll help even a little bit. My cell is known by many, can be had by anyone here, and is on most truck stop bathroom stalls.

Last edited:
Very well said, I too will drop anything to talk with a brother in need or who just needs to take their mind off things. Anytime of the day/night is fine. Shit we can even use the Vherf link and burn one and just talk about nothing if it'll help even a little bit. My cell is known by many, can ben had by anyone here, and is on most truck stop bathroom stalls.

1608224991539.png

Very well said, I too will drop anything to talk with a brother in need or who just needs to take their mind off things. Anytime of the day/night is fine. Shit we can even use the Vherf link and burn one and just talk about nothing if it'll help even a little bit. My cell is known by many, can be had by anyone here, and is on most truck stop bathroom stalls.

Same here. I'm always around for a talk.

Well, except the bathroom stalls, I'm more of alleyway kind of guy.

Working all night with programmers, then trying to sleep a few hours is difficult. I would lay there with my mind racing... Then I saw an episode of The Mentalist where the main character was telling someone who had insomnia to count, 1 for breathing in, and 2 for breathing out... Concentrate on taking deep breaths on 1, then letting the air our slowly on 2... Keep doing it, I know it sounds simplistic and silly, but It works 80 percent of the time for me...

This is the best advice on getting back to sleep I've ever heard. I've used it a handful of times now, and it works like a champ!

As I get older, I find I have trouble getting back to sleep. Many nights I'll wake up and start thinking about some problem I'm having in the airplane factory or issue at work, and I'll have just enough rest that I can't disengage my mind and get back to sleep. So I just lay there for a couple of hours wishing I was asleep. Sometimes I can get back to sleep for 30-40 mins, and other times I finally surrender and get up. Meds aren't an option, and caffeine doesn't have an effect on me (other than as a diuretic) so restless nights make for miserable days. But this technique has really helped!

I've been working on this one, but I find myself still counting "1, 2" in the background of different thoughts. I'm working on perfecting the method, though.

This is the best advice on getting back to sleep I've ever heard. I've used it a handful of times now, and it works like a champ!

As I get older, I find I have trouble getting back to sleep. Many nights I'll wake up and start thinking about some problem I'm having in the airplane factory or issue at work, and I'll have just enough rest that I can't disengage my mind and get back to sleep. So I just lay there for a couple of hours wishing I was asleep. Sometimes I can get back to sleep for 30-40 mins, and other times I finally surrender and get up. Meds aren't an option, and caffeine doesn't have an effect on me (other than as a diuretic) so restless nights make for miserable days. But this technique has really helped!

Great to hear!!

I've been working on this one, but I find myself still counting "1, 2" in the background of different thoughts. I'm working on perfecting the method, though.

It takes a bit of practice. The key is focusing on the breathing. The mind will wander a bit, but keep bringing the focus back to the breathing... visualize the numbers when you say them in your mind.

I have to keep my mind from wandering too. I've been able to reign in my extraneous thoughts by really concentrating on my breathing, and changing the frequency of my breaths. I find shorter breaths don't give me as much time to think about other things as much. Using this method, I've been able to get back to sleep in probably 1-2 minutes instead of 1-2 hours.

I have terrible insomnia. Since I am no longer subject to drug testing I take full spectrum CBD to relax at nite. 5 mg of Melatonin along with that helps. You might research Delta 8 THC...Derrived from hemp plants federally legal, and legal in 40 us states. No mind fog but really relaxing per my CBD shop owner. I have some that I've not tried yet.

there are many different causes for insomnia; sorry you are having this problem.

I would try & go out of my way NOT to address the issue with chemical substances/supplements but if that is all that will work then there ya go.

I would recommend trying cardio workouts within 6 to 4 hours previous to the time you actually go to bed. Try that & see if that helps.

good luck

Me too, not sure if it has a part in this though. Seems pretty random honestly. Have no problem falling asleep, then up at 2 or 3 and just lay there.

Did you ever work second or third shift?
What about military service with their love of "oh dark thirty"?