• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insomnia

Funny, I'm having the exact opposite reaction even though I'm completely exhausted.

I've been there! Too exhausted to sleep. My old job was labor intensive and I would have many nights like that. My current job is a mix bag of manual labor and mental work, I think my mind is like "naw, you weren't made for this level of thinking. GOOD NIGHT!" 😂

I've been there! Too exhausted to sleep. My old job was labor intensive and I would have many nights like that. My current job is a mix bag of manual labor and mental work, I think my mind is like "naw, you weren't made for this level of thinking. GOOD NIGHT!" 😂

That's a good mix, manual labor and mental work. Gives both sides something to do, without overwhelming one of them.

Yeah, mine is mostly emotional stress. Tough to turn it off sometimes.

I struggled for a few years sleeping because my mind would not turn off. I tried melatonin and z quil a few times but it gave me awful dreams. After struggling really hard mentally for a couple years I finally went for help via therapy after a couple real scary things went on. Not to drag down the thread but I was considering suicide and luckily I was still clearing thinking enough to reach for help. After a bunch of therapy and tests I apparently have chronic depression and anxiety.

Anyway once I got some stuff off my chest and dumped it out of my mental bank I slept much better. Bad dreams and sleepless nights were still there from time to time but it was getting better. The crazy pills solved everything sadly. Mind is sharper and clearer and I can turn it off at the end of the day and go to bed! I just wish I didn’t need to be on pills to feel “normal”. However for the last 10 months or so they have really changed my life.

Not saying this is your issue or anyone’s but it is out there and a possibility. The simple stress of life can really block someone’s thinking abilities and force the brain down dark paths.

Paul

I struggled for a few years sleeping because my mind would not turn off. I tried melatonin and z quil a few times but it gave me awful dreams. After struggling really hard mentally for a couple years I finally went for help via therapy after a couple real scary things went on. Not to drag down the thread but I was considering suicide and luckily I was still clearing thinking enough to reach for help. After a bunch of therapy and tests I apparently have chronic depression and anxiety.

Anyway once I got some stuff off my chest and dumped it out of my mental bank I slept much better. Bad dreams and sleepless nights were still there from time to time but it was getting better. The crazy pills solved everything sadly. Mind is sharper and clearer and I can turn it off at the end of the day and go to bed! I just wish I didn’t need to be on pills to feel “normal”. However for the last 10 months or so they have really changed my life.

Not saying this is your issue or anyone’s but it is out there and a possibility. The simple stress of life can really block someone’s thinking abilities and force the brain down dark paths.

Paul
The stigma a lot of us experience around taking medication to help your brain function better can be such a hurdle, I'm glad you got help. Why should it be viewed any differently than a medication to help your kidneys function better? I say this, even as a mental health worker, with no judgement at all, but more from completely understanding what you're saying and wish I didn't have the same reaction/thoughts at time, despite knowing better. The brain really is a crazy thing.

Paul

I used to be angry all the time. Not ever violent-angry, but I was just that dark cloud in the room. Lots that I think underly that issue, but something happened and I knew right then that I had to make a change (again, not violent and I was never in any way physically or mentally abusive to my family -- at least I have that going for me). Two things happened near-simultaneously and absolutely serendipitously: First, I just decided that being angry all the time sucked, and I was going to be happier. MUCH easier said than done, and even now a few years later I struggle with it from time to time. For me, it was easier to be upset than to risk having a good feeling shattered. Second, and I don't discount this from the equation, whatsoever, but around that same time I consciously made the decision to change my emotional outlook, I was was started on a new med to help with overnight phantom pains that would often wake me. This phantom pain relief just so happens to be an ancillary effect of Cymbalta, an antidepressant. I wasn't prescribed the Cymbalta as an emotional antidepressant, but I know I've benefitted from it in that regard. As said, I made two major changes in my life that have resulted in a better person, and I don't think that either of those, alone, would have had the lasting experience without the other to support it.

Paul
Thanks for sharing Paul.... Does your improved health have anything to do with your timeline of returning to us?
As someone who has a member of family in the same boat, don’t make the mistake I see her make often. She starts to feel better and then decides she doesn’t need it anymore.

Woke up at 3:45 this morning and my brain reminded me I forgot to schedule my mortgage payment yesterday..... That was it! Done sleeping.

Thanks for sharing Paul.... Does your improved health have anything to do with your timeline of returning to us?
As someone who has a member of family in the same boat, don’t make the mistake I see her make often. She starts to feel better and then decides she doesn’t need it anymore.

Woke up at 3:45 this morning and my brain reminded me I forgot to schedule my mortgage payment yesterday..... That was it! Done sleeping.
Yes it is a big part of it. I was struggling hard sick of the hate and bs on Facebook and it clicked how much I love you guys and this place.

Thank you for the advice.

Paul

I used to be angry all the time. Not ever violent-angry, but I was just that dark cloud in the room. Lots that I think underly that issue, but something happened and I knew right then that I had to make a change (again, not violent and I was never in any way physically or mentally abusive to my family -- at least I have that going for me). Two things happened near-simultaneously and absolutely serendipitously: First, I just decided that being angry all the time sucked, and I was going to be happier. MUCH easier said than done, and even now a few years later I struggle with it from time to time. For me, it was easier to be upset than to risk having a good feeling shattered.
This description perfectly describes how I was. Angry not physically or verbally at the family but mentally angry at myself for a few things that went on over the last three years. The antidepressants helped that significantly.

What I find funny now (and what would have been something that made me even more upset a while back, ironically), is that my wife has gone from, "You are bringing everyone down", to, "Can't you take anything seriously...?" 🤣

Yes it is a big part of it. I was struggling hard sick of the hate and bs on Facebook and it clicked how much I love you guys and this place.

Paul
Ah! That’s why you disappeared from Facebook. Good for you!

Paul

Deleting twitter and unfollowing a lot of people on facebook helped me out a lot. Social media is so bad for mental health. I still use instagram a good bit, cause I feel like for the most part I only see pictures that truly interest me, although their ads have been getting rather obnoxious.

Paul

I'll say it now, for anyone that needs to talk. Call me/text me, you have my number and if you don't, I'll give it to anyone that needs it.

We all go through seasons in our lives and it's not unique. It may be unique to us at the time and we might feel that we're the only one experiencing it at that time, but we all know people who went through it and are on the other side of it. There are way too many instances of times/things/people, where all it would have taken, was someone to reach out or be there when someone needed to talk. Don't be ashamed to talk with someone about things. The least it can do, is reinforce that there are people there for you, when you need them.