• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Inventory Reduction

When you sell on this board you do so at MSRP or less,
not 100% above MSRP. Anejo 50 MSRP is around $9.50.
Whether you can get them or not is irrelevent.
$20 a stick is just not on!

Sorry, definately no go after that for any sticks offered for me.

Brian

I dont chime in much, but maybe the real question to ask was how much he paid for them. If he paid more than MSRP and that number happens to be $20 a stick he should be able to sell them for that. Others may think differently.

Brian

I dont chime in much, but maybe the real question to ask was how much he paid for them. If he paid more than MSRP and that number happens to be $20 a stick he should be able to sell them for that. Others may think differently.

Nope, I do not agree to that. Two wrongs do not make a right!
His bad if he bought from a gouger!

Brian

Brian

Brian

I dont expect him to sell them at a loss either, but I dont expect him to turn a profit....the beauty of america, the market will decide how much they want to pay for them, If the seller doesnt want to sell at that price he doesnt have to :)

Wonder how much these would go for at Cigarbid?

Brian

Brian

I dont expect him to sell them at a loss either, but I dont expect him to turn a profit....the beauty of america, the market will decide how much they want to pay for them, If the seller doesnt want to sell at that price he doesnt have to :)

CBid - probably $25 to $30 a stick.

Look at his post. He quoted several places that sell them. He dismissed
the first place because they do not have stock.

The point is and my understanding of this board is, do not make a profit on your fellow BOTL's, rather err towards a loss. When you sell cigars on this board they must be at MSRP or less.

Yes, the market will decide pricing in an auction environment but this is CP, not CBid.

Brian

The point is and my understanding of this board is, do not make a profit on your fellow BOTL's, rather err towards a loss. When you sell cigars on this board they must be at MSRP or less.

Yes, the market will decide pricing in an auction environment but this is CP, not CBid.

Brian

Since when are newbies in charge of making and enforcing rules here?

Brian

Sounds like he was giving an opinion based on prior threads, not making a rule.

Brian

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? yep i guess you are right psyktek has been around for awhile

Brian

That is not an opinion, it's a definitive statement.

Brian

Definitive statement - not opinion - as well dismissing another respected member making a point about not turning a profit and twisting it to his own interpretation of non-existent rule about forcing people to lose money.

Brian

Again, definitive statement, not an opinion

It sounds like a definitive statement, not an opinion. It's as bad and annoying as badgering people about filling in their profiles as if that is some sort of requirement here (it never has been, and it most certainly is not now), which has been mentioned in the recent past.

The price of the Añejos is a little steep, but telling people the 'must' sell things at a loss is not the job of a newbie, nor is it a policy of CP. If the FOGs feel like someone is being taken advantage of, they'll chime in as it's why they are here and put up with a lot of the crap that goes on here. PM a FOG and question them if you're inclined, but jumping all over people pretending to be the forum police and dictating how things are done is not something that should be done by a newbie (especially when it concerns a known and respected old-as-dirt guy like psyktek ;) )

Edit to fix quoting. (oh crap, did I just use a winky? George, please don;t hurt me! ;) )

Brian

That is not an opinion, it's a definitive statement.

Brian

Definitive statement - not opinion - as well dismissing another respected member making a point about not turning a profit and twisting it to his own interpretation of non-existent rule about forcing people to lose money.

Brian

Again, definitive statement, not an opinion

It sounds like a definitive statement, not an opinion. It's as bad and annoying as badgering people about filling in their profiles as if that is some sort of requirement here (it never has been, and it most certainly is not now), which has been mentioned in the recent past.

The price of the Añejos is a little steep, but telling people the 'must' sell things at a loss is not the job of a newbie, nor is it a policy of CP. If the FOGs feel like someone is being taken advantage of, they'll chime in as it's why they are here and put up with a lot of the crap that goes on here. PM a FOG and question them if you're inclined, but jumping all over people pretending to be the forum police and dictating how things are done is not something that should be done by a newbie (especially when it concerns a known and respected old-as-dirt guy like psyktek ;) )

Edit to fix quoting. (oh crap, did I just use a winky? George, please don;t hurt me! ;) )

I agree with you on the MSRP issue, Rob. There are many guys on this board who have sold items above MSRP because that's what the smokes typically go for and is what they paid for them. Some members are fortunate enough to get these (Anejos, Opus, etc.) at MSRP, but many of us are not. Infinity, I'm not sure why you believe that he "must" sell these at MSRP, even if he's taking a loss. My only point earlier was that 20 bucks for an Anejo 50 seems like one hell of a mark-up and I have difficulty believing anyone here (at least who has been around CP for a while) would pay that much.

That's rich IgwanaRob!

Amazing how some reach for the noob thing when they don't agree, right noob ;) :laugh:

I'm not dictating anything. This is my opinion based on what I have
seen transpire on this board. I have for example seen people called out for
charging 50 cents more than they should be for shipping.

Ok, so I didn't say "IMO" In the same token neither did you when you state that
what I wrote are "definitive statements"

You think it's right to not only sell above MSRP but to do so at 100% above MSRP? Get your facts right - I said sales should be done at MSRP and rather err under MSRP, where did I say that you should sell at a loss. ???

Brian

Who is this psyktek guy??? ???

Hey - if someone can charge $35-40 for $5.00 worth of clock parts and a donated cigar box, I don't think $20 is too much to ask for an Anejo... ;)

Heya Bob - good to see you back!!! See - you go away for a while and come back to a lynch mob...

That's rich IgwanaRob!

Amazing how some reach for the noob thing when they don't agree, right noob ;) :laugh:

Laugh all you want, you're not getting it.

I'm not dictating anything. This is my opinion based on what I have
seen transpire on this board. I have for example seen people called out for
charging 50 cents more than they should be for shipping.

Ok, so I didn't say "IMO" In the same token neither did you when you state that
what I wrote are "definitive statements"

You were clearly making statements as if they were facts. What I quoted were your statements, not opinions - mine or otherwise. Not hard to figure this out.

You think it's right to not only sell above MSRP but to do so at 100% above MSRP? Get your facts right - I said sales should be done at MSRP and rather err under MSRP, where did I say that you should sell at a loss. ???

Brian

It's fine to get what you paid for, and your imaginary rules are not going to force people to take a loss no matter how you feel. I also clearly said I thought the asking price was high, but I'm not the one jumping all over him in spite of another respected member making a valid point about his cost - It's been quoted several times, but once again here is your claim in context:

Brian

Are you trying to worm out of this statement? You clearly disagreed with the part that he should get what he paid for, and in a later post claim

"When you sell cigars on this board they must be at MSRP or less."

That is not an opinion, it's a definitive statement based on some self entitlement, which is complete BS no matter how you twist it. Making a profit off the members is a bad thing, making your money back on what you paid is normal and expected. Just because some people are willing to take a loss doe not make it mandatory for everyone.

Rob,

Did not realize you were commenting on the prior statements. The only one you quoted first, had the phrase "It is my understanding....". That is the one I commented on.

I will back out and let you guys debate the finer points of cigar pricing before someone asks me to report to the wood shed for a spanking.

:D

Edited for spacing and a winky removal.

I am not saying that he purchased the Anejo at 20 a stick, nor will I say that he purchased them at MSRP. The reason some people here are ASSuming he is selling at a profit is because he tried to justify his over MSRP prices by quoting the sites of a few gougers. This may lead some to believe that he is trying to sell for market value (ie: profit). I think it would be a different story if he outright said that this is what I bought them for...

That is not an opinion, it's a definitive statement based on some self entitlement, which is complete BS no matter how you twist it. Making a profit off the members is a bad thing, making your money back on what you paid is normal and expected. Just because some people are willing to take a loss doe not make it mandatory for everyone.

How do you know what he paid? He based his price on this quote...
Anejo 50's

$9.60 @ Peretti's but N/A
$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$18.50 at BestCigarPrice but OOS
$24.95 at Cigar.com
N/A at eCigardepot.com

I think the price is reasonable.

IMHO :) he arrived at the $20 price by checking quoted prices on the above sites.

Although I have never sold a cigar on this board, my thinking is based on how I would personally act. If the consensus by the established members is that $20 is ok then I apologize to the seller and to all for believing it is bad form.

Brian

How do you know what he paid? He based his price on this quote...
Anejo 50's

$9.60 @ Peretti's but N/A
$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$18.50 at BestCigarPrice but OOS
$24.95 at Cigar.com
N/A at eCigardepot.com

I think the price is reasonable.

IMHO :) he arrived at the $20 price by checking quoted prices on the above sites.

Although I have never sold a cigar on this board, my thinking is based on how I would personally act. If the consensus by the established members is that $20 is ok then I apologize to the seller and to all for believing it is bad form.

Brian

Brian
I apologize

I don't know what he paid, nor does it matter - that's not the issue here. You simply do not get it, and most likely won't.