• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Inventory Reduction

There's a little known rule regarding car guys who are also cigar guys and what kind of car they have vs. what they're allowed to sell their Añejos for. See the chart below:

What kind of car you have = What you're allowed to get for your Añejos
US or Japanesse car = MSRP
Sweedish, French, or German car = 2 Times MSRP
Irish, Italian, Czechoslovakian or English car = 3 Times MSRP

Kinda like handicap points in golf. :D
Looks like he's in line with the guidelines. :thumbs:

That is not an opinion, it's a definitive statement based on some self entitlement, which is complete BS no matter how you twist it. Making a profit off the members is a bad thing, making your money back on what you paid is normal and expected. Just because some people are willing to take a loss doe not make it mandatory for everyone.

How do you know what he paid? He based his price on this quote...
Anejo 50's

$9.60 @ Peretti's but N/A
$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$18.50 at BestCigarPrice but OOS
$24.95 at Cigar.com
N/A at eCigardepot.com

I think the price is reasonable.

IMHO :) he arrived at the $20 price by checking quoted prices on the above sites.

Although I have never sold a cigar on this board, my thinking is based on how I would personally act. If the consensus by the established members is that $20 is ok then I apologize to the seller and to all for believing it is bad form.

Brian

Brian
I apologize

I don't know what he paid, nor does it matter - that's not the issue here. You simply do not get it, and most likely won't.

You are making this personal and that's a shame. Unfortunately, you don't get it and similarily, most likely won't.

Brian

If someone would do the math, you would see he added the prices for each of the retailers that have them available and then took the AVERAGE......

$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$24.95 at Cigar.com
--------------------
$80.00/ 4 = $20

You are making this personal and that's a shame. Unfortunately, you don't get it and similarily, most likely won't.

Brian

First off, it's not personal - it's your lack of respect for the board and how you think you're the one in charge of saying how things are run.

Secondly, you have no clue what "it" is, and the mere notion that you think you tell anyone if they get it or not shows how little you understand. Tacking on that immature attitude at the end, that doesn't help you one bit.

I'm done, you're getting there.

I don't know what he paid, nor does it matter - that's not the issue here. You simply do not get it, and most likely won't.

Brian
First off, it's not personal - it's your lack of respect for the board and how you think you're the one in charge of saying how things are run.

Secondly, you have no clue what "it" is, and the mere notion that you think you tell anyone if they get it or not shows how little you understand. Tacking on that immature attitude at the end, that doesn't help you one bit.

I'm done, you're getting there.

You know, I may be a noob but I'm not an idiot. Take your disrespectful attitude somewhere else, you are full of yourself.

Just to reiterate on how you don't get it! You said...

Making a profit off the members is a bad thing, making your money back on what you paid is normal and expected. Just because some people are willing to take a loss doe not make it mandatory for everyone.

You follow this up by saying it does not matter what he paid. But you assume he will make a loss under $20.

As for the board, I have the utmost respect for all the members on this board and that included you until you started with slander - shame on you!

Brian

If someone would do the math, you would see he added the prices for each of the retailers that have them available and then took the AVERAGE......

$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$24.95 at Cigar.com
--------------------
$80.00/ 4 = $20

You're just showing off cause you have a Mac

$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$24.95 at Cigar.com
--------------------
$80.00/ 4 = $20

Tommy - yes that's true, but why were these four retailers chosen in the first place? I'm sure many guys on this board could add to this list with Anejos from vendors that cost significantly less, thus driving down the average considerably. Although I still hold the opinion that charging 20 bucks for an Anejo #50 is on the verge of ridiculous, if that's what he paid, then so be it. Therefore, in my opinion, it's not a matter of who is charging what (because anyone here could justify a price by finding a list of four or five vendors) but quite simply, what he wants to sell them for.

I'm still confused why the list of vendors were given, because it appears like an attempt to justify the price, but if they're being offered for 20 bills a piece, then so be it. However, I doubt he will find many guys waiting in line to buy them at that price.

$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$24.95 at Cigar.com
--------------------
$80.00/ 4 = $20

That was easy enough to add in your head.

Would the fact that the Anejos are 2-3 years old have any bearing on the price?

I don't know exactly how to take that into account, so I'm just asking here.

Looks like some good prices to be had on the other smokes...

$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$24.95 at Cigar.com
--------------------
$80.00/ 4 = $20

How would you add them in my head?

It's a really simple process guys with no need to slam anyone or get ya panties in a bunch.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE, DON'T BUY

That said, if you don't know the difference between a fresh cigar and one aged 3 years what are you doing posting about the price to start with.

No need to post a reply about the aged cigar statement, just ask any vendor that has Anejo in stock if they will sell you one 3 years old.

When you sell on this board you do so at MSRP or less,
not 100% above MSRP. Anejo 50 MSRP is around $9.50.
Whether you can get them or not is irrelevent.
$20 a stick is just not on!

Sorry, definately no go after that for any sticks offered for me.

Brian

I dont chime in much, but maybe the real question to ask was how much he paid for them. If he paid more than MSRP and that number happens to be $20 a stick he should be able to sell them for that. Others may think differently.

psyktek aka Bobby :sign: has been around for a long time and is not a gouger. Nuff said.

$26.95 at Cigar Hut
$24.95 at Cigar.com
--------------------
$80.00/ 4 = $20

How would you add them in my head?

Yuk, yuk...

That was easy enough to add in one's head.

Sorry for the confusion... :rolleyes:

I've sold many Anejos and Opus here. Some were at MSRP and some were at what I paid. We can't make everyone who sells Anejo sell them for MSRP, people would lose money.

There's a little known rule regarding car guys who are also cigar guys and what kind of car they have vs. what they're allowed to sell their Añejos for. See the chart below:

What kind of car you have = What you're allowed to get for your Añejos
US or Japanesse car = MSRP
Sweedish, French, or German car = 2 Times MSRP
Irish, Italian, Czechoslovakian or English car = 3 Times MSRP

Kinda like handicap points in golf. :D
Looks like he's in line with the guidelines. :thumbs:

ROTFLMAO!!! :p :love:

The point that you guys are missing is the Bobby has been a member here for many yrs. He has contributed to the growth of this BB that so many of you new guys use every day. He is a trusted member of this BB.

No new guy with six months here should be accusing him of anything....

Sit back and think for a minute..... How come none of the FOGs have said anything about the price

It's a really simple process guys with no need to slam anyone or get ya panties in a bunch.

That said, if you don't know the difference between a fresh cigar and one aged 3 years what are you doing posting about the price to start with.

No need to post a reply about the aged cigar statement, just ask any vendor that has Anejo in stock if they will sell you one 3 years old.

That's exactly why I wear a thong.

You know, I may be a noob but I'm not an idiot. Take your disrespectful attitude somewhere else, you are full of yourself.

Just to reiterate on how you don't get it! You said...

Making a profit off the members is a bad thing, making your money back on what you paid is normal and expected. Just because some people are willing to take a loss doe not make it mandatory for everyone.

You follow this up by saying it does not matter what he paid. But you assume he will make a loss under $20.

As for the board, I have the utmost respect for all the members on this board and that included you until you started with slander - shame on you!

Brian

Ok, I was done until your idiotic slander crap above (learn what a word means before using it, you appear less stupid that way ;) )

I'm full of myself? LOL, how quaint!

I didn't assume anything about what he may or may not "lose" on this sale as you so ignorantly claim. As I said several times already, even though you can't get your head out of your ass long enough to see it, is that this sale, his cost, and his price have nothing to do with the issue at hand. It's YOU'RE attitude and YOU'RE actions that's the problem, not anything you're trying to deflect with. If I was out of line the FOGs would have said something, instead of making light of the price issue that you seem to think is at hand.

It's obvious that subtle hints don't work, so I'll come right out and say it:

You constantly reply to posts from new members, demanding that they fill in their profiles as if that is a requirement, and [en]forcing your own interpretations of how you think things should be done. People do NOT have to fill out their profiles if they don't want to (people do have a right to privacy). There are no rules saying people must only sell things at or below MSRP despite what they pay for it, as you claim, and if they paid more then it's not 'their bad' as you said (I won't bother quoting it, it's been quoted too many times for you to try and weasel out of already). Most importantly, attacking respected members with your ignorant claims of how things are done here 'in your view' is is most definitely not a good thing to do no matter how much you think they should be offering their stuff yo you!

Shame on me? You can keep twisting things around, but you're holier than thou BS won't fly. I was being nice, I doubt others will be in the future (enjoy that ;) ). Do yourself a favor and show some respect - stop replying with your inane drivel, and leave your delusional opinions out of psyktek's thread and let him get on with his sale. Unlike you, he's a known and respected member.

--

When I first started posting, a lot of people were commenting about how a lot of the old members that had a lot to offer no longer post here, I didn't understand why. Now lot of those guys no longer post here either; this type of crap is the reason, and we all lose out because of it. Eshaw's site for newbies should be required reading for all new members, although it's obvious people like this will never get the 'it" he talks about.

Spot on.

I know I'm newbie scum and all ( :p ), but to paraphrase one of the up and coming great new minds of the Austrian School of economics we are a Capitolistic free enterprise society that isn't Russia (where Grateful1 belongs). :p :p :p.

Psyktek owns 'em. He can ask what he wants for them. If they don't sell, he'll either lower his price, or take them off the market.