• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPad mini - Whose buying it?

I want the iPad mini because I don't want the iPad (any generation), it's just too heavy and big for the use I want to obtain with it. I gave my iPad to my other daughter and I already use a Droid Razr for my smartphone needs, plus when I need to really do business emails and docs i have an Airbook. I'm getting some new prescription glasses so I'm going to provide my own "retina display" :laugh: to read and surf.

If one could actually take phone calls on the iPad mini, I would just use bluetooth or a wired headset to talk. Or can it?

It's fun to see the bashing on any device, because regardless, we all own one or the other. Remember the days we actually had to write a letter to friends in far away places? :0

Dave

Nope, MS sucks. I run MAC OS and on my PC's I run Linux just so I don't ever have to deal with windows.

....smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but better than 85% of the desktop market doesn't agree with you.

I bought the original Kindle Fire and am completely satisfied with it. We have three Windows 7 desktops, the Kindle, my work Lenovo laptop, and my relatively new Samsung Galaxy 3 phone. No fruit.... :p

Nope, MS sucks. I run MAC OS and on my PC's I run Linux just so I don't ever have to deal with windows.

....smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but better than 85% of the desktop market doesn't agree with you.

I bought the original Kindle Fire and am completely satisfied with it. We have three Windows 7 desktops, the Kindle, my work Lenovo laptop, and my relatively new Samsung Galaxy 3 phone. No fruit.... :p

Tom, my youngest one is pining for that phone, how do you like it so far?

Most amazing consumer product I've had in a while. Wicked fast, ultra stable.....I love it. Physically it's sort of big (though very thin), but I got used to it pretty quick even if it won't fit IronPeddler's teeny little hands..... :p

Most amazing consumer product I've had in a while. Wicked fast, ultra stable.....I love it. Physically it's sort of big (though very thin), but I got used to it pretty quick even if it won't fit IronPeddler's teeny little hands..... :p

I'd like to be a fly on the wall watching those fat little fingers trying to text. :laugh:

This statement is a bit slanted don't you think? I mean Dell, Compaq, Packard Bell, and every custom built PC ships with MS, last time I checked there was 1 brand shipping OS X.
It just seems logical that Windows would out sell OS X, or am I missing something?

I like Apple/Mac and the only reason I am going to build a Win based system is for gaming (hands down the platform you need). That being said, PC and OS's are like cigars...roll with makes you happy!!!

As for the Mini, my wife and I are talking about getting one, her iPhone is a bit to small for web surfing and she hates her netbook. I am pretty upset that it did not ship with a retina display, but they have to keep something in the bag to get us to but the mini2 in 6 months...lol.

Tim

That's what I wanted to hear if the change from her iPhone happens. Being 15, she judges her electronics based on how pretty it looks, or how popular it is with the younger crowd.

She has teeny little hands..........IronPeddler has teeny little hands..........hence IronPeddler is my daught..................hey, wait a minute............NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :sign: :sign:

I have had the iPad 3 since April and I love it. I probably will not have another laptop again! I have not used my desk top since I bought this either. I won't buy the mini, but only because I do not need two

That's what I wanted to hear if the change from her iPhone happens. Being 15, she judges her electronics based on how pretty it looks, or how popular it is with the younger crowd.

She has teeny little hands..........IronPeddler has teeny little hands..........hence IronPeddler is my daught..................hey, wait a minute............NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :sign: :sign:

You all suck....and you're all jealous of my lightning fast little stubs! :laugh:

This statement is a bit slanted don't you think? I mean Dell, Compaq, Packard Bell, and every custom built PC ships with MS, last time I checked there was 1 brand shipping OS X.
It just seems logical that Windows would out sell OS X, or am I missing something?

It's that way by design, though, not out of necessity. There's no reason OS X can't be just as available as Win 8. Well, other than massive profits through vertical integration and artificial scarcity.

Amen.

Oh and Gary does have teeny little hands. I thought he was smoking a Trini Fundi at the Quad but it was actually a JLP Crema

My comment was in his reference to using Linux on his PC hardware rather than Windows.

My comment was in his reference to using Linux on his PC hardware rather than Windows.

Well, then, hope I didn't offend.

Tim

I'm offended Tim... Not so much by the comment, but more so by your height :whistling:

Well, then, hope I didn't offend.

Tim

....not even close.... ;)

Apple announced after a half an hour of the iPad Mini presale today that delivery was pushed back at least 2 additional weeks... :whistling:

LINK

Apple announced after a half an hour of the iPad Mini presale today that delivery was pushed back at least 2 additional weeks... :whistling:

Not the 16GB black ones with just Wi-Fi! Even though Apple's online store was offline till just before 10pm (Hawaii time), I was able to get mine with a "delivery" date of 11/2.

"delivery" = we'll see :laugh: