• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPad mini - Whose buying it?

Apple announced after a half an hour of the iPad Mini presale today that delivery was pushed back at least 2 additional weeks... :whistling:

Not the 16GB black ones with just Wi-Fi! Even though Apple's online store was offline till just before 10pm (Hawaii time), I was able to get mine with a "delivery" date of 11/2.

"delivery" = we'll see :laugh:

taken-marko-1.jpg

Apple announced after a half an hour of the iPad Mini presale today that delivery was pushed back at least 2 additional weeks... :whistling:

Not the 16GB black ones with just Wi-Fi! Even though Apple's online store was offline till just before 10pm (Hawaii time), I was able to get mine with a "delivery" date of 11/2.

"delivery" = we'll see :laugh:

taken-marko-1.jpg

Then I'll be forced to call customer service with, "Marko, You either give me what I need or this switch will stay on until they turn the power off for lack of payment on the bill." :p

This statement is a bit slanted don't you think? I mean Dell, Compaq, Packard Bell, and every custom built PC ships with MS, last time I checked there was 1 brand shipping OS X.
It just seems logical that Windows would out sell OS X, or am I missing something?

My comment was in his reference to using Linux on his PC hardware rather than Windows.

My statements were one mans opinions based on my experience. I completely understand everyone has different needs. I switched to Linux a because it was fun, fast and bullet proof. My primary computer is MAC, the Linux PC is more of a toy. However all of my work servers are either Linux based or Solaris. We have one windows server remaining and it will be retired in 2013, the platform it supports will be phased out.

The Samsung Galaxy is a great phone and one that could possibly push over to Android. Oh and by the way, Android is a Linux based operating system...

I believe Tom said it, run what you like and like what you run. And have fun while doing it... :)

....smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but better than 85% of the desktop market doesn't agree with you.
This statement is a bit slanted don't you think? I mean Dell, Compaq, Packard Bell, and every custom built PC ships with MS, last time I checked there was 1 brand shipping OS X.
It just seems logical that Windows would out sell OS X, or am I missing something?

It's that way by design, though, not out of necessity. There's no reason OS X can't be just as available as Win 8. Well, other than massive profits through vertical integration and artificial scarcity.

Well, that and Steve Jobs didn't have Bill Gates' cut throat business instincts and "crush all enemies" sales model.

~Boar

....smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but better than 85% of the desktop market doesn't agree with you.

It's that way by design, though, not out of necessity. There's no reason OS X can't be just as available as Win 8. Well, other than massive profits through vertical integration and artificial scarcity.

Well, that and Steve Jobs didn't have Bill Gates' cut throat business instincts and "crush all enemies" sales model.

~Boar

They sure seem to have picked it up with their iPhone / Android lawsuits now though.

Maybe. If it has the 3g or 4g functionality, then I would consider it more seriously. I have the Nexus 7, and it is great, but I do want the enhanced portability.

The new Nexus 4 (phone) and 7"/10" tablets were announced yesterday, btw.

http://www.google.com/nexus/

Maybe. If it has the 3g or 4g functionality, then I would consider it more seriously. I have the Nexus 7, and it is great, but I do want the enhanced portability.

There's a Nexus 7 with 3G for $299. Not sure if 3G is a new feature or what.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_32gb_hspa

Just an update since I got my miniPad. I started having WiFi issues within the first 2 weeks, it would work flawlessly at home with the Airport Extreme base station, but have trouble staying connected to a Linksys router at work and my mobile Hotspot from Verizon. The guys/girls at the Genius bar said I was the first one to have that problem, but I did get one of the first batches to ship out. They asked if I could allow them to play guinea pig with my unit and restored it first. It worked for a couple of days then the same problem would surface.

The second appointment with them and they just gave me a new one, which is working fine with all 3 WiFi's I use throughout the day. Customer service was very nice at the Genius Bar, considering I've not used them in the past. The best thing about my decision to give up using the iPad, I can read books at night without my arm getting tired.

Got my son one, he loves it and has no issues at all. Worth every penny

My wife will get one when the next version drops.....

TIm