• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jack Straw's Halloween "Coffin Pass"

Take: BBMF, Put: Padron Millennium maduro.
Take: Preferido Ruby, Put: Diamond Crown #6 figurado maduro.

Photo prize: Ashton VSG Wizard.

I received the box this afternoon, shipped this evening. It is away....
DC#0307 1790 0001 1910 6054

Thanks for putting this together Jay and thanks for letting me play.

- Doug

Fast turnaround, thanks Doug, and thanks for playing.

Appears that our pass is headed to the land of 1,000 Gophers or the home of The Golden Lakes :whistling: , something like that!!

Look out tsmckenney!!

I just knew that BBMF wouldn't make it very far. I was anxious to see what the put would be and I think the PadMilMad is a great choice!

Next time, I want to go 5th. LOL

Stinki

I just knew that BBMF wouldn't make it very far. I was anxious to see what the put would be and I think the PadMilMad is a great choice!

Next time, I want to go 5th. LOL

Stinki

Stinki,

I just want to follow you from now on :laugh:

- Doug

Box came late this afternoon (nice that the wife is at home for a while). Everything is accounted for and in really good shape.

Here are my puts/takes (approved in pm):

1. Put- La Aurora Preferidos Tubos Emerald Sun Grown, Take- AVO LE 07
2. Put- DPG JJ Series Belicoso, Take- Padilla 1932 Corona
3. Put- Tatuaje Havana VI Hermosos, Take- Punch Rare Corojo
4. Put- '05 Bolivar PC, Take- H. Upmann Coronas Major

Picture Bag - Opus X 'xXx'

Host Bag - a classic favorite

Thanks for the pass Jay!

Box came late this afternoon (nice that the wife is at home for a while). Everything is accounted for and in really good shape.

Here are my puts/takes (approved in pm):

1. Put- La Aurora Preferidos Tubos Emerald Sun Grown, Take- AVO LE 07
2. Put- DPG JJ Series Belicoso, Take- Padilla 1932 Corona
3. Put- Tatuaje Havana VI Hermosos, Take- Punch Rare Corojo
4. Put- '05 Bolivar PC, Take- H. Upmann Coronas Major

Picture Bag - Opus X 'xXx'

Host Bag - a classic favorite

Thanks for the pass Jay!

Some very nice plays, and another one goes that I didn't expect to last very long, AVO LE 07. A great smoke, I'm sure you'll enjoy!!

Thanks for playing, Mick!

Heads uo Robbmt, pass looks to be headed your way!

I am here and ready. Going to have think about p/t when I get home tonight.

It came yesterday. All looks in good shape.
possible p/t selections:

La Aurora 1903 (emerald) / La aurora 1903 (silver) #12
Zino classic No. 1 / Montecristo mini #22
Bolivar new blend (NC) / Little GOmez #32

Anejo for God of fire?

possible p/t selections:

Anejo for God of fire?

Great plays, although that will put two of those emerald La Aurora's in the pass, which means one might make it home! LOL

What anejo?

As for the Anejos

I have 1 shark (77)
or one pyramide (55)

I'm hoping for Christmas supplies

Wow! Wake up call!

On its way in the morning to grateful1 in CT.

possible p/t selections:

Anejo for God of fire?

Great plays, although that will put two of those emerald La Aurora's in the pass, which means one might make it home! LOL

What anejo?
*cough*
One of the Emeralds is in a baggie with the word "Host" written on the outside. :cool:

*cough*
One of the Emeralds is in a baggie with the word "Host" written on the outside. :cool:

:laugh: Good stuff.

I found myself in a pinch with the Preferidos. In my possession I had a Cameroon and a Sun Grown. I'd never smoked a Sun Grown before and really wanted to try that sucker, but alas, there was already a Cammie in the pass. My back-up plan was trading out for the Preferido Maduro, which I've yet to try either, but that went as well.

Wasn't meant to be. I do have that AVO though...can't wait. :thumbs:

Jay, do let us know how that Sun Grown smokes...

*cough*

:laugh: Good stuff.

I found myself in a pinch with the Preferidos. In my possession I had a Cameroon and a Sun Grown. I'd never smoked a Sun Grown before and really wanted to try that sucker, but alas, there was already a Cammie in the pass. My back-up plan was trading out for the Preferido Maduro, which I've yet to try either, but that went as well.

Wasn't meant to be. I do have that AVO though...can't wait. :thumbs:

Jay, do let us know how that Sun Grown smokes...

Thanks Geoff, and rest assured, Mick, I will let you know. May even try and do a review of it, although, I'm not one for picking out all of the nuances that others seem to taste. I just know if I like a cigar or not.

Speaking of AVO's, if you haven't tried one, make sure you try the new 787. It only comes in 3 sizes, a robusto, a toro, and a perfecto, and they're a bit pricey - $11.30 - $12.85 per stick here locally, but are well worth it!! This cigar proves that you don't have to pack a stick full of double and triple ligero, quadruply ferment a maduro wrapper to create a smoke with a great deal of flavor and balance. A definite nubber.

Rumor has it, that they are the same blend as the AVO 22, but as the 22 was a "limited edition" smoke, they couldn't re-release it. But 7+8+7=22, and they come 22 to a box, so I guess you don't have to be a genius to figure it out!! I can only imagine how good these things will get with some age, if I don't smoke them all first.

A certain BOTL here on CP got me hooked on these ..... thanks Christian!!

Rumor has it, that they are the same blend as the AVO 22, but as the 22 was a "limited edition" smoke, they couldn't re-release it. But 7+8+7=22, and they come 22 to a box, so I guess you don't have to be a genius to figure it out!! I can only imagine how good these things will get with some age, if I don't smoke them all first.

IF that's true, I'll be looking to get some.

Was at an AVO show here in SC over the weekend, and the Davidoff rep was who told me the story. So take it for what it's worth. I smoked a 22, but it was quite awhile ago. I remember it to be a very pleasant mild/medium smoke with an abundance of flavor. And the 787's are a very tasty stick that generate a great deal of flavor and an abundance of smoke. Well worth the price of admission, IMHO!

Was at an AVO show here in SC over the weekend, and the Davidoff rep was who told me the story. So take it for what it's worth. I smoked a 22, but it was quite awhile ago. I remember it to be a very pleasant mild/medium smoke with an abundance of flavor. And the 787's are a very tasty stick that generate a great deal of flavor and an abundance of smoke. Well worth the price of admission, IMHO!

Picked me up a couple of these puppies a month ago ... been waiting to smoke but now you've peek'd my curiousity :whistling:

Damn, this is the longest three weeks of my life. This is my first pass and I am as nervous as a whore in church!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Robby

This is becoming my favorite cigar, truly. I believe what you say to be true Jay. Can't wait to get my hands on some ;)