• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

jeffro600

Folks, I come to this board to pass time and not to be told what to say or how I should have said it. If I see unjust I will stand firm for what I believe in. My intentions are not to cause trouble or to be rude.

This thread comes down to RESPECT. Respect is wanted from the newb but seldom is given back. I do believe seniority matters, however, seniority should not be used as a tool.

I think you guys know where I’m standing on this issue. I’m not here to take over or change anything. As matter of fact I have learned a great deal here, so I do have respect for the site and its members. Hell, I have tried cigars that I my not otherwise have tried. Anyhow, I just hate when few members attack other members because they did not like what he had to say or a scenario of a wrongdoing without knowing on newbs part. Lets be fair. Everyone should be respected regardless.

Please do not take this as I’m shaking in my boots. Take this as me telling you guys i.e. the members of CP that I see a problem that can be resolved by communication and understanding.

So now, I apologize to the members that I have purposely ticked.

Rod, if you think this reply is ill-mannered please go ahead and ban me from your site.

GKR.

Oh that is such utter bullshit. jeffro was a combative, argumentative prick from the beginning. Sound familiar?

NA

Great King Rat said:
Folks, I come to this board to pass time and not to be told what to say or how I should have said it. If I see unjust I will stand firm for what I believe in. My intentions are not to cause trouble or to be rude.

This thread comes down to RESPECT. Respect is wanted from the newb but seldom is given back. I do believe seniority matters, however, seniority should not be used as a tool.

I think you guys know where I’m standing on this issue. I’m not here to take over or change anything. As matter of fact I have learned a great deal here, so I do have respect for the site and its members. Hell, I have tried cigars that I my not otherwise have tried. Anyhow, I just hate when few members attack other members because they did not like what he had to say or a scenario of a wrongdoing without knowing on newbs part. Lets be fair. Everyone should be respected regardless.

Please do not take this as I’m shaking in my boots. Take this as me telling you guys i.e. the members of CP that I see a problem that can be resolved by communication and understanding.

Rod, if you think this reply is ill-mannered please go ahead and ban me from your site.

GKR.
[snapback]278378[/snapback]​

Clearly you see what has happened in this thread. I've got to be honest, GKR - we all know you've made some very threatening statements since you've been here. You have been pretty blunt in your assessments of situation - as you see it.

If it is your intention to stay and be a member of the community - welcome. If it is to challenge the members her with your nonsense, it's best to be moving along now to save the aggravation.

This is a great, friendly, generous community - with a bunch of great people. It remains to be seen what your contribution will be to this site. I sincerely hope it's positive...

Couldn't have said it better myself, George.

Oh, just shut up George. That was a load of BS ratty posted. Same BS he's been posting. Don't try to reason with that blowhard. He's so full of himself there are two of him. I've had it right up to my earlobes with his "those bad men pick on people" $hit. Stick it pal.

NA

GKR said: "...Respect is wanted from the newb but seldom is given back....."

This is a load of crap. New members that come in here with their heads screwed on straight, get the respect they deserve. Bchem comes to mind in particular. He's had some questions and had some comments for the board. He's not been combative and I'm sure he's learned a bunch since joining.

The "combative/self-loving" members will come in and get what they dish out; and MORE. They, my friend, aren't going to get jack from the members here. Especially the members with time on the board.

Opinions are one thing. Combative/contrary opinions with no real purpose are just what they are intended for. FLAMING!! (ie: This post from you)

I'm not so sure you'll be around long enough to gain the "seniority" you speak of. No tears being shed, I'm sure. Take your own advice. ( "...a problem that can be resolved by communication and understanding...." ) Don't fan the flames and don't start the fires.

Floyd T. :sign:

Well I've been here for awhile so I'm gonna change things. I'm going to make y'all scotch drinkers yet. Get you away from that fru fru grape stuff and recycled Rio Grand water and have you start drinking a real cigar smokers drink!

And you can't stop me :p :p :p

Great King Rat said:

GKR.

Instead of stirring the sh*t, why not just stay out of it? Is Jeffro your boy?This is done, member banned! Nothing you say will change that. My .05 (inflation)

AVB said:
Well I've been here for awhile so I'm gonna change things. I'm going to make y'all scotch drinkers yet. Get you away from that fru fru grape stuff and recycled Rio Grand water and have you start drinking a real cigar smokers drink!

[snapback]278431[/snapback]​

You know, I'm not a drinker, and I've already gone out and tried some good single-malts based on your recommendations. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm up for it, as dark liquors make me shudder, but I keep trying. So, keep up the good work AVB, you're going to make a drunk out of me yet. ;)

Great King Rat said:
Respect is wanted from the newb but seldom is given back. 

Sorry, man, but I don't think you're quite right there. I'm a newb on this site. I love it ehre, I participate to a degree, have learned a lot, and smoked some great cigars thanks to the overwhelming generosity I have been shown by some fine BOTL's.

Have I been smoking cigars for over a decade? Whoopdy-friggen doo. This is a cigar BB, and new people, even with all the expereince in the world, MUST understnad that when they are newbs, they are not going to be treated twith the same level of respect and deference that will be shown to someoen who has proven himself on the board and in the community. I was shown absolute courtesy and respect. I spoke to others the way I enjoy being spoken to. I have disagreed with just about every one of the FOG "bullies" that a lot of folks whine about. I have stated my case and my opinion, and it was left at that. A few times it went to PM's and I learned something, or saw something in a different way. my opinion wasn't always changed, and their opinion was, once or twice. The fact is, we acted like level headed cohorts with a shared love of a hobby and a community, not like a bunch of children who can't play nice.

I don't like the way some things are done here. You know what/ i can state my case. I can, like emo, for example, bring up a POSSIBLE way to make it better, and have a frank, calm, rational discussion about it. Or, I can ignore it, becasue I like hanging out here. Or, I can go somewhere else. It's actually quite simple.

Stick around. Enjoy yourself.

When I joined this board I was getting back into cigars and looking for information on the web and came across Cigar Pass. I read for a while then joined and very happy that I did. I was the "new guy" and fully accepted the position as such...meaning that If I had knowledge or experience with a subject or even a question I would post. If not, and I still follow the "READ MORE, POST LESS" mentality that has been mentioned very often within the last 8 months. Do I have a problem posting an opinion or thought of mine, no not really, but if I feel that it would creat a "heated issue" or would be adding more wood to the fire I see no sense in it. I am here to learn from others and enjoy them sharing their experiences on a wide varity of topics.

At first I didn't understand or "like" the callouts but I kept my mouth shut or should I say my hands away from the keyboard and followed the thread trying to make sense of it. If it wasn't sinking in my thick head I would ask someone. I for one am very glad to have the "elder" members of the board making the posts in relation to other members that they do because their experiences with varying "personalities" and love of this site has kept it a great place. If a New Member is not willing to accept the fact that he or she is just that,"New", and chooses to try to direct/guide CP in a direction that they feel it should be going with derogitory or "flaming" remarks they should fully expect to be questioned about it.

Great King Rat said:

GKR.

GKR, you are wrong, plain & simple. I have never been "attacked" by any member with seniority.

Here's a message to you guys who are newer than me:

Try behaving with a bit of tact, as opposed to being overly aggressive. Remember, this is a message board, that means everything you "say" is in writing! Which means you must choose your words and phrases carefully in order to clearly demonstrate your points without confusion.

Intention is well & good, but what you actually "say" is what people will take away from your posts, not what you "meant to say" but failed to do properly.

Great King Rat said:
Respect is wanted from the newb but seldom is given back.

Just like so many other guys have already said, Im a Newb and have never been treated with anything less than respect. I have read more and posted less, given respect and received it. The way things work around here seem to be hard for people like you to understand, its really not...so long as your ego isn't bigger than your intellect.

AVB said:

[snapback]278431[/snapback]​

Converted! :laugh: :laugh: :p :laugh: :laugh:

CYG

SKYDIVNEKD said:
GKR said: "...Respect is wanted from the newb but seldom is given back....."

This is a load of crap. New members that come in here with their heads screwed on straight, get the respect they deserve. Bchem comes to mind in particular. He's had some questions and had some comments for the board. He's not been combative and I'm sure he's learned a bunch since joining.

The "combative/self-loving" members will come in and get what they dish out; and MORE. They, my friend, aren't going to get jack from the members here. Especially the members with time on the board.

Opinions are one thing. Combative/contrary opinions with no real purpose are just what they are intended for. FLAMING!! (ie: This post from you)

I'm not so sure you'll be around long enough to gain the "seniority" you speak of. No tears being shed, I'm sure. Take your own advice. ( "...a problem that can be resolved by communication and understanding...." ) Don't fan the flames and don't start the fires.

Floyd T. :sign:
[snapback]278400[/snapback]​

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but don't jinx it. I'm planning a meltdown in the next couple of weeks just to keep things interesting! :laugh:

Concerning all the whackoffs that have "graced" us with their presence and conspiracy theories recently, I'll say what I've said before: (like my old man used to tell me) "Don't be a dick!"

How hard is that?! ???

PS-AVB, you won't have to twist my arm too hard!

I have been on cigar sites since 1997 and I have seen it all. In my opinion Cigar Pass welcomes newbies as well as any other site I have been on. If you come here with an attitude you are going to be called on it as you should be. If you come here and show respect, then respect is given back.

T

Ok, I'll bite on this as well...

I too joined this place to get more information, meet people that enjoyed cigars like I do, and to participate in trades, buys and the like. I spent some time reading thru posts, learning the lingo and getting a 'feel' for the place, before I ever joined. I like it... I did from the start, as I knew it was a place I was gonna like. I made a few goofs along the way, but I did not take the PM's and posted comments as attacks or insults- I learned from them and am better for it (I hope!)

I firmly believe that resepct is earned... you join with some by default, but you have to live up to that respect, and it's up to you to get more thru your actions, words and LACK OF WORDS at times. Trades, Buys, and passes help, but the biggest help is time and your attitude.

And Cigar Pass is the love-child of Rod... his and his alone. Sure, we all joined and spend time here, but Rod and Rod alone runs it. There is no freedon of speech, only the freedom of ROD'S SPEECH. And so far, I do not see him siding with the uppity, mouthy, attitude filled new members that seem to be joining in droves as of late. Instead, I see the FOG's doing their part by protecting this place, and the other members, and Rod supporting their actions by BANNING THESE IDIOTS.

Old guys, keep it up and you have my thanks... newbies, post less, read more. The search tool is your friend! Join in cigar-based discussions, post some reviews and refrain from posting ANYTHING until you read it again.. use the Preview button more than the Post button! I'll save you down the road, if only from CC's spell checker! :cool:

Ya know, I'm reading what Swissy wrote, and it dawned on me what I think a number of these knuckleheads are missing...

Swissy is a prime example of what is absolutely good about this board. To anyone who REALLY knows Jim - I mean REALLY knows Jim - knows EXACTLY what I'm saying. To anyone who doesn't - you're too new to open your mouth. Swissy hasn't been here very long, and has built a GREAT reputation, and has earned respect. And if you're bothered by me telling you not to open your mouth - you need to reflect on who you are, and what contributions you're going to make to this board.

Which leads me to the others - SamClemmons, Lee, CC, MattR, JoeM, Allofus123, Horse, SKYDIVENKD, etc., etc., etc. - and ESPECIALLY Rod... These guys are the absolute backbone of this board. They have been here through thick and thin. They've proven themselves to be trustworthy, honest, dedicated individuals to the matters of this board - that are absolutely worthy of all respect that is shown to them and then some. And if you don't respect them, or you think they're asses - you need to reflect on who you are, and what contributions you're going to make to this board.

That said - hopefully... someday... if you make it through all of the trials and tribulations of participating on this board, YOU'LL be considered a FOG too. And it's not going to happen in the first 6 months or year of membership here. It will happen over time....

If you still don't "get it", there are plenty of other boards out there that cater to all kinds of different demeanors. PM me if you'd like a list - I'd be more than happy to steer you in the right direction. ;)

Swissy said:
newbies, post less, read more.

OK, I'll be lurking.

ggiese said:
you need to reflect on who you are, and what contributions you're going to make to this board.

Not really sure how to do that by lurking, but I'll think it through. ;)

I generally don't like to get involved in these sorts of things, but what the hell, my 2 cents for what it's worth:

There are several members on this board that I don't agree with and don't think very highly off , but just like in real life I mind my own business and avoid those people unless I am forced to deal with them. It seems that every time there is a difference of opinion between a couple of members it turns into gang warfare between FOG's and FNG's and turns ugly until Rod locks the thread and someone gets banned. Alot of times I'm reading these threads and I'm thinking that things might have worked out if people weren't jumping in from all angles and trying to throw there weight around, both from FOG side and FNG side. I respect all FOG's opinions and thank them for sharing there cigar knowledge and expertise regarding cigars, but sometimes and I'm sorry to say it the extra commentary from some members is very arrogant and over the top, especially in non cigar discussions.

I still enjoy being here and value all the excellent things I have learned about cigars.