• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Knife collectors?

I have a collection as well! I carry a Kershaw Hawk G10 scales ATS-34 blade opens like an assisted but it's not. I did sales for a buddy for 4 years in his knife shop and if you want an affordable assisted for your pocket I would say stick with your gut and get a Kershaw Leek (Ken Onion design) the largest of the slim pocket style with a pocket clip. You’re under a Benjamin and if it dulls after a couple years Kershaw will touch up the blade or a nice accu-sharp keeps an edge on my stuff.

Good luck and happy shopping.

I've been a collector for a few years. I taught a survival class for new cadets at school, and then I got involved in knife fighting training which I thought was really interesting and cool (and scary). Regardless I ended up collecting a series of survival, fighting and pocket knives. Most of which I'll use when I can. Otherwise people would be like "oh you collect knives" and then give me the klingon war blade or something (just a generalization, I don't have that or really even know about it). I really like to use the knives in my collection though.

I carry a Kershaw Leek with a partially serrated blade daily. Before that was a Spyderco clipit delica. When I go on river trips I carry a Kabar Tanto blade with a partially serrated edge (I am looking for something a little smaller to take though). Car knife that I'm questioning the legality of is a regular Kabar USMC fighting knife. My camping knive is an 18" long by 1/4" thick Swamp Rat (Busse). That's a nasty knife that I almost took my finger off with once. Then I have a bunch more misc Parangs, Machetes, fixed blade fighters like the MOD CQD Mark V ATAC.

BTW if anyone knows a good spot I can get a CQD Mark 1, let me know. Haven't checked ebay in a while so I might do that soon.

I'd definately be interested in a cigar for knife trade in the future, just not right now.

Damn, I've been looking around for a couple of days now but it looks like I finally lost my Queen Cutlery pocket knife :angry: . It was a perfect size for me to carry around, time to start the search for a new one.

phpO0ykpV.jpg

:cool:

I used to be a knife collector. Now I am a collector / maker, Mostly maker. My taste in knives outgrew my pocketbook ( this seems to be a trend ) so I started making them. I have gotten lucky and some really talented guys have taken me under there wing a time or two.

Since I have moved I have not had a shop but here is an archive showing some of my past work.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050122145158/...wardknives.com/

Seth

I also am a knife collector. My every day knife is a Ken Onion leek, although I sometimes take along my Boker auto. Aluminum frame with bone insert in the handle.

This weekend there is the Knifemakers Guild show in Orlando. This is a once a year show where the best craftsmen display and sell their knives. I have gone to this show for the last 5 or 6 years. You have to see these knives to appreciate them. Practical pieces of art.

For those interested:

2007 Knifemakers' Guild Show

July 26-29, 2007
Show Schedule

Friday, July 27 :: (Noon to 6pm)
Saturday, July 28 :: (10am to 6pm)
Sunday, July 29 :: (9am to 3pm) *
* Seminars/Cutting Competition

Buena Vista Palace Resort
1900 Buena Vista Dr
P.O. Box 22206
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-2206

Like Giese said, had some issues lately but life is good now. Just wrapped up the Central Texas Knife show this weekend. Attendance was great and some really outstanding knives.
There are a few nice pics on my site. www.txknife.com
Will post more later.

My newest piece...

midtech1_small.JPG

Graham Brothers Stars and Stripes Razel

I am digging it!
Cuts cigars well too!

-Rob