• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Leaving tomorrow for Cuba

Enjoy a safe and relaxing vacation!

Leave some habanos for us!

Rob

Disclaimer: Any mention of cuban cigars in this post is completely fictional in nature.

Enjoy a safe and relaxing vacation!

Leave some habanos for us!

Rob

Disclaimer: Any mention of cuban cigars in this post is completely fictional in nature.

Hell, don't leave some Habanas for us, BRING SOME FOR US!! (Of course, only ficitionally) :whistling:

Lucky you! But in asking does it get any better, I do not think that it does. But my week on the island of St. John puffing a variety of fine sticks (Siglo III, Bolivar RC and PC, MC2, Dip2, Por Larranga PCs with coffee in the morning) with 1800 Agave margaritias, red wine or beers was DAMN good!! Missing it sitting here in the snow of NH. Several afternoons I was in the water off Caneel or Cinnamon Bay up to my waist holding a beer in one hand and cigar in the other just bouncin' in the waves for my personal happy hour! I wanna go back, now!!

I'm back!!!

Stayed at Arenas Blancas Feb 24-Mar3rd. Weather was FANTASTIC all 7 days, I couldn't have asked for better weather. I'll have pictures and more of an update later, i'm a bit wiped out now -- we got back to Toronto at just after 4am last night cause the flight was delayed. Got home at about 5:30am after going through customs and waiting for luggage. Michaela wasn't very happy.

Funniest thing I saw was in Havana. My wife, sister and niece all wanted to check out the flea market there, so we go and as they're browsing around I sit down and relax. Guys come up to me asking to sell me fake cigars, I refuse. Then I notice they hit on someone who buys the cigars, "Cohiba" of course. A few minutes later I see said poseur walking down the street, smoking his newly purchased fake cigar BACKWARDS. The dude was smoking it from the foot and the Cohiba band was sticking out at the end for all to see. Man I was laughing.

I'm back!!!

Stayed at Arenas Blancas Feb 24-Mar3rd. Weather was FANTASTIC all 7 days, I couldn't have asked for better weather. I'll have pictures and more of an update later, i'm a bit wiped out now -- we got back to Toronto at just after 4am last night cause the flight was delayed. Got home at about 5:30am after going through customs and waiting for luggage. Michaela wasn't very happy.

Funniest thing I saw was in Havana. My wife, sister and niece all wanted to check out the flea market there, so we go and as they're browsing around I sit down and relax. Guys come up to me asking to sell me fake cigars, I refuse. Then I notice they hit on someone who buys the cigars, "Cohiba" of course. A few minutes later I see said poseur walking down the street, smoking his newly purchased fake cigar BACKWARDS. The dude was smoking it from the foot and the Cohiba band was sticking out at the end for all to see. Man I was laughing.

HAHA!

Sounds like you had a good time. Did you bring back any cigars?

Smoking fake cohiba backward is a totally the best experience from Cuba I think :laugh:

I'm back!!!

HAHA!

Sounds like you had a good time. Did you bring back any cigars?

Brought back :
2 boxes of Montecristo Edmundo
1 box Trinidad Reyes
1 box RyJ Belvederes
2 fivers Cohiba Siglo III

Sounds like a good time. Glad to have you back, Michael. Love to see some of your pics.

Wilkey

Welcome back!

Thanks Tone! Here's a sneak preview of the trip hightlites:

cdecre2bd6.jpg

I'm back!!!

Welcome back amigo! sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to see more of the pic's.

:cool:

Just out of curiousity, if you don't mind sharing...what was the retail price of those cigars in Cuba? I've heard you can get them pretty cheap.

Nice pictures, hope you had a great time.

Just out of curiousity, if you don't mind sharing...what was the retail price of those cigars in Cuba? I've heard you can get them pretty cheap.

No problem at all my good man. Here are the Cuban prices and the translation to American dollars:

Montecristo Edmundo: 167.50 CUC $187.60 USD
Romeo y Julieta Belvederes: 48.75 CUC $54.60 USD
Trinidad Reyes: 51.60 CUC $57.79 USD
Cohiba Siglo III $50 CUC $56 USD

WOW, good for you. Those are half the price of the cheapest sites I use, even the ones who don't pay any duties.

Awesome, nice selection too. Those cigars look fresh.

Are you limited in CAN on how many you can bring back? 50 for you, 50 your wife, 50 for your daughter! :)

No problem at all my good man. Here are the Cuban prices and the translation to American dollars:

Does that factor is the 10% USD "surcharge"?

Great haul, and that sure is a funny pic of the little one. :laugh:

Does that factor is the 10% USD "surcharge"?

Great haul, and that sure is a funny pic of the little one. :laugh:

Yup, that's the price translated to the US 12% higher charge. Basically when you buy the cigars on your credit card they can't charge Cuban pesos so they charge your card U.S. dollars. Those are the amounts that were charged.