• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Let it snow!

Shadow said:
Just started to spit a few flakes. Looks like another non-event!
[snapback]258651[/snapback]​
There is alway's hope for this Friday! The hype machine is begining to crank again.

C&R

You know the forcast was off when you can sweep the snow off the porch with a broom. :cool:

They are calling for sleet and snow here Thursday. Shat always turns to ice every year here.

We are supposed to get 2" on Thursday... Of rain that is :p

Was watching the news at 5AM this morning and the DC stations are already starting the panic of the "Second Winter Storm of the Season" later in the week!

You can't have a second storm until you have the first one and 1 1/2 inch yesterday does't qualify as one in my book.

Let me know when there is a foot of snow on the ground, not a freakin' estimate or forcast! :sign:

According to wunderground.com we are going to see nothing but

Ice Pellets
70% chance

What a description. :laugh: Makes me think there are a whole bunch of rabbits overhead.

Well, the weather fellas are calling for 3 to 6 inches between tonight and tommorrow at noon. The last time they were off by a few inches to less, watch it this time, they'll be off again by a few inches to much.......... :D :thumbs: :p

Got to love that job though. You guess the weather, your wrong and you still have your job. LOL

Shadow said:
Was watching the news at 5AM this morning and the DC stations are already starting the panic of the "Second Winter Storm of the Season" later in the week!

You can't have a second storm until you have the first one and 1 1/2 inch yesterday does't qualify as one in my book.

Let me know when there is a foot of snow on the ground, not a freakin' estimate or forcast! :sign:
[snapback]259523[/snapback]​
Yeah really, when has a snowfall become a winterstorm ??? ?

C&R

I’m originally from an agricultural state. The weather for a farmer is serious business. Ie. No hype. Now that I’m living closer to Boston all I get is sensationalized weather forecasts. I live in the North East. It’s Winter. It’s supposed to snow. A storm of 4 to 7 in. is not a big deal. You’d think a blizzard was coming. :angry2:

It's finally snowing here in Carbondale, IL. I feel like a little kid gazing out the window just hoping that someone will close things down so I can enjoy the rest of the day at home. Aaaaah... a nice fire, directv, cigar, lounging with my wife, etc. :thumbs:

We've got about 9 inches on the ground right now and the wind chill has been averaging about -5. ???

All of Illinois is getting a good dose of winter today. I hate this sh*t......

Well, what you're getting in Illinois will be a Nor'Easter by tomorrow noon. Oh goody. 128 will be a parking lot. Glad I'm retired. I can watch the excitment on TV with an Aurora 1495 and a water glass of cheap scots whiskey.

Doc.

Got 4.5 inches in this last one. Looking for another 1-3 inches of mixed snow and ice.

Wilkey

Well, I just checked the West Point website and we are code "red" atleast till noon, wooo hoooo. Most likely they will update that as time goes by. Right now we have a good 5" on the ground and it's still falling. Now to pick out a great ceegar as I go outside in a bit to watch the snow crew clean up the condo lot / walk ways.......... :D :thumbs: :cool:

Finally got a little snow, around 2 inches.

Now that's what I call a Winter Storm! :sign: :whistling:

The snow has arrived earlier than expected here in NH. It means both commutes will suck. The most reliable meterologist here says up to a foot. More in the Notches. That's the White Mtns. for you flatlanders. So, it looks like a white Christmas :)

WOOHOO!! I love the snow!! School just got canceled! Looks like a long day of shooting pool and smoking a few cigars for me. Maybe just a little bit of snow shoveling. We just got our snow plow working, so it won't be that difficult. :thumbs:

Cool..Most schools are closed around here as well. We got about 8-10 inches. I had a fun time getting to work this morning. :)

Nathan Rahl said:
WOOHOO!! I love the snow!! School just got canceled! Looks like a long day of shooting pool and smoking a few cigars for me. Maybe just a little bit of snow shoveling. We just got our snow plow working, so it won't be that difficult. :thumbs:
[snapback]260686[/snapback]​

Dammit - we got squat on LI. Barely an inch and it's already raining to wash that away...