• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Let it snow....."

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Here in the PDX area we got 3+" of snow today, which on top of frozen roads and freeways packed down nicely and made for icy streets and a hellish AM commute. My boss sent out the "don't go in" e-mail early this AM so I stayed home and VPN'd into work. Makes for a nice quiet day at home getting some documents done....and some good cigars smoked.... :thumbs:

Problem around here is that it does this so infrequently, most folks don't have even the most basic cold weather driving skills so the smart folks just stay home and let the "sheet metal tango" go on without our participation. There were jackknifed trucks and wrecks on every major street and highway in the metro area.

....kinda pretty, though:

dscn0893_red.jpg

We got about another inch and a half on top of that after I took the picture. It's been lightly snowing most all day.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Yikes. The cold and ice is just making its way into Delaware now. Should be a thrilling and chilling couple of days. We've been spoiled with the unseasonably warm temperatures but I guess it's time to pay the piper.

Glad to hear you're safe at home. :thumbs:

Wilkey

It is pretty to look at. I especially like it when it is snowing at someone else's location... :laugh: I really enjoy the snow days we take here, I get plenty of work done. But, the perks....cigar smoke breaks, cocktails, and maybe even a "nooner"... Enjoy your day.

DT

At least you don't have any moose to bother you BBS

Nice pic, Tom. Even with the snow, that shot brings back good memories! I hope you enjoy the white stuff. :thumbs:

We got about 4 inches at the house this morning, but only about 2 inches at the office. It is mostly just melting now.

Nothing more than a 1/2 inch here last night, the snow mwlted most of it on the sidewalks before 9:39 this morning.

Hey BBS, damned nice looking backyard and deck. I can sure see you enjoying a cigar and a cup of coffee out there! :cool:

In Seattle for the week and it is amazing how 2 inches of snow really affects this place. Schools are shut down, business's are closed and I get a note from housekeeping letting me know that the "snowy weather" has kept much of the staff from coming into work. Crazy stuff.

We haven't had any snow here yet. I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way all winter.

You guys can keep all the snow and ice you want. I don't want amymore....on that note, is winter over yet? :laugh:

For the record, this is the first year in recorded weather history (about 150) that it did not snow in NYC in December. If January keeps it up, it may happen in January. Now I know where all the snow has gone!!...You and Alaska!!!! Don't be hogs now!! (Of course this may be a minority opinion among east coast residents) :cool:

3 inches of ice here in central MO. About 300,000 without power (thankfully we only had a short blackout in our area). Schools have been closed since Friday, no school tomorrow in about half the towns. We got lucky.

Oh yeah, there's also some snow in the forecast. ;)

In Seattle for the week and it is amazing how 2 inches of snow really affects this place. Schools are shut down, business's are closed and I get a note from housekeeping letting me know that the "snowy weather" has kept much of the staff from coming into work. Crazy stuff.

You are absolutely right! Half of us know how to drive and function in it, and the other half doesn't. It really is amusing sometimes.

...we got 3+" of snow today, which on top of frozen roads and freeways packed down nicely and made for icy streets... Makes for a nice quiet day at home getting some documents done... Problem around here is that it does this so infrequently...
Same here in Central Texas. Sheets of ice with a dusting of snow on top of it all. Plus, it gave me time to make my dramatic debut. :whistling:

Seriously, it snows so rarely in these parts. The whole city shut down and the kids loved every minute of it. As for smoking - it's too cold to even think about it! I don't know how those of you further North deal with it. You have my sympathies!

What's a snow day?

2 inches of snow here doesn't even slow things down (not that we don' have our share of idiots too).

The last "snow day" I remember was in 3rd or 4th grade when we got something like 3 feet overnight in eastern Montana.

We've had the warmest/least snow winter I can ever remember, but it hasn't been above maybe 5 degrees the last week, so we're making up for lost time.

Nice.... I think I am actuallhy missing the snow. Not that it matters since there is no snow in Rochester now anyways lol

Nice site indeed BBS. I'm starting to miss the snow now. Weather here in Jersey has been out of wack lately. I'm just praying for a sweet 2' snow storm. :)

I wish it would snow here, It's been between 15 to 25 degrees BELOW ZERO :0 at night. It would have to warm up to snow :D