• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Long Island, NY Herf at Havana Dreams - Sat. March 3, 2007 1:00pm

OK, I spoke with Joe again tonight and you will be able to buy drinks there at Havana Dreams. They just ask that we show Havana Dreams a little support when it comes to their cigars. I told the manager that would not be a problem with this crowd. As far as food goes, there is an Italian Restaurant next door. There is not a cover charge for this herf.

OK, I spoke with Joe again tonight and you will be able to buy drinks there at Havana Dreams. They just ask that we show Havana Dreams a little support when it comes to their cigars. I told the manager that would not be a problem with this crowd. As far as food goes, there is an Italian Restaurant next door. There is not a cover charge for this herf.

Can we use the downstairs area?

Steve

I think I might be able to make this one after all. And since I live 20 minutes away... :whistling:

I think I will have to go there and buy all the Tat's so I'll have some stuff to smoke :whistling:

Scott, can you add me to the list of confirmed attendees...

As far as the downstairs goes, I have never ventured down there. There is a poker table down there. They have a main area in front, a back room, and if the weather is nice, an back outdoor area.

Can we use the downstairs area?

Steve

I have never been there but Joe the manager knows 25 confirmed as of yesterday and that I need room for the raffle and goodie bags and he said that would not be a problem at all.

OK I called Joe the manager again and he said that whatever we want to do, so we can go downstairs as well. He seems like a really cool guy. :thumbs:

Scot, et al

I stopped down to Stogie and Tales last night for a smoke and glass of vino, the place was jumping. I spoke withthe woner, Robert, about having a HERF there sometime in the future. He said he has no problem at all accomodating us as long as each participant purchases at least $10 in cigars. I told him, based upon past experience, that this would not be a problem. He also does not have any problems with any giveaways or raffles that we may be doing - sounds like guy looking to build his business and make sme money :whistling:

Last night there were 28 people (seated) in the place and there was room for another 5-7 (standing). For those who don't know, it has a full bar and serve capuccino, expresso, beer, etc. They also have a great selection of cigars - at the correct humidity levels too ! :laugh: This place should be able to hold 30 people comfortably for any future HERFS that we may be thinking of doing.

Anyway, just my two cents on this place. Take care and I look forward to seeing all of you next week.

Scot, et al

I stopped down to Stogie and Tales last night for a smoke and glass of vino, the place was jumping. I spoke withthe woner, Robert, about having a HERF there sometime in the future. He said he has no problem at all accomodating us as long as each participant purchases at least $10 in cigars. I told him, based upon past experience, that this would not be a problem. He also does not have any problems with any giveaways or raffles that we may be doing - sounds like guy looking to build his business and make sme money :whistling:

Last night there were 28 people (seated) in the place and there was room for another 5-7 (standing). For those who don't know, it has a full bar and serve capuccino, expresso, beer, etc. They also have a great selection of cigars - at the correct humidity levels too ! :laugh: This place should be able to hold 30 people comfortably for any future HERFS that we may be thinking of doing.

Anyway, just my two cents on this place. Take care and I look forward to seeing all of you next week.

Interesting, I can get there by LIRR. :thumbs: Do they have a website of some kind?

Not sure if I can make it to the herf yet, and I don't want to continue any type of thread jack too much longer... but that shop is right by my wife's work, it's a real nice place.

look back a few posts and you will find the Stogies and Tales website

Havana Club is in Rego Park, the closet train I believe is the E and/or F train. Go to the MTA website and checkout the local routes in Rego Park

Havana Club is in Rego Park, the closet train I believe is the E and/or F train. Go to the MTA website and checkout the local routes in Rego Park

The actual stop is:

"Woodhaven Blvd / Queens Mall"

The E / F trains do go by but they are express and don't stop.
Take the "E" / "F" lines to "74 Street - Broadway" and transfer to the local (across the platform)

The lines that you will want to take are G, R, and V lines. And exit at the "Woodhaven Blvd / Queens Mall" stop (should be the south side). I don't recall how far of a walk it is. But it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Saturday March 3, 2007 @ 1:00pm

Havana Dreams
63-10 Woodhaven Blvd.
Rego Park, NY 11374

http://havana-dreams.com/index.html

1-718-685-0078

Confirmed Attendees

CigarDan - CP
Shibumi - CP
Dickson + 2 - CP
Slevy007 - CP
Seavita - CP
Bmagin320 - CS
HudsonValley - CP
Tone-NY - CP
Altasm - CP
Ararmguy1 - CS
Skipper +3 - SC
Slider9499 +1 - CP
Angryfish - CP
IzzyDunYet - CP
Grateful +1 - CP
Rob300c - CP
Johnnylaw - CS
Planetbetter - CW
Fishhound - SC
Nerachina - CS
CaptainB - CP
Rudou - CP
Neoflex - CS
Geoffrie - CW
Schnell987 - CS

Supporters

Torano Cigars
Perdomo Cigars
Quality Cutters
Cigar Insider Magazine
Cigar Aficionado Magazine
Camacho Cigars
Alec Bradley Cigars
Xikar
Roxor Cigars
Oliva Cigars
Heartfelt Industries
Altadis
Orleans Group
Argenese Cigars
Cigarmony
La Aurora - will be there
Cuban Crafters Cigars
Smoke Magazine
Island Smoke Shop Cigars
Gurkha Cigars
Mr. Bundles

I am coming from Long island
might have room for 1 or two to the Herf....

Scott,

I got one more. Three rookies and a novice. Could make a movie out of that title. :D

The actual stop is:

"Woodhaven Blvd / Queens Mall"

The E / F trains do go by but they are express and don't stop.
Take the "E" / "F" lines to "74 Street - Broadway" and transfer to the local (across the platform)

The lines that you will want to take are G, R, and V lines. And exit at the "Woodhaven Blvd / Queens Mall" stop (should be the south side). I don't recall how far of a walk it is. But it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

It's about a 10 minute walk from the train station. It'll be on the right hand side of Woodhaven Blvd. If you come out of the train station, onto Queens Blvd. you'll want to get onto Woodhaven Blvd. and walk away from the Queens Center Mall.

Sorry I'll be missing this one. It looks like it's gonna be a great time. Be on the lookout for one of the regulars at Havana Dreams they call "Jimmy Cubano" :laugh: . Some of you will recognize the handle "Jimmy2" from another forum. I had the pleasure of meeting him at HD last year, and he is a class BOTL. :thumbs:

I too, will not be able to make the HERF.
When I emailed Scott, yesterday, I told him I would confrim today...well, work confirmed for me.
I will be at the office this weekend!

Have a great time!

Gary, sorry to hear that bro. I was looking forward to smoking another Dav Perfecto with you. Smoke a good one after work. :thumbs:

Your extra need a ride?