• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for Blanton's....

Come on! I don’t get a break by buying a whole bottle? That’s baloney. Do you get to pick and keep the barrel at least?

You get the barrel, the barrel head with a personalized plaque, and your name on the bottle labels is what I understand to be the norm. There's also apparently a whole personal barrel picking ritual with the Master Distiller, where you taste cask strength drams from a half dozen or so.

~Boar

We might get this sucker done at wholesale yet! 🤣🤣🤣

~Boar
Blanton does do it, a local store just did one but I was to late... maybe if We don’t have someone who owns a store... maybe someone who is good friends with an owner or one who wanted to make some spending money

Blanton does do it, a local store just did one but I was to late... maybe if We don’t have someone who owns a store... maybe someone who is good friends with an owner or one who wanted to make some spending money

A Blanton's barrel buy would be awesome. They didn't come up on the lists when I googled, even for them specifically, so they must keep it a little bit on the down low.

~Boar

Found it. Should have just gone straight to the Blanton's website in the first place. No wonder it was hard to Google, though---took a fair amount of poking around even once I got there! But here it is:

http://www.singlebarrelselect.com/home.html

"The process takes approximately eight weeks from the time you finalize your selection, to when your bottles and empty barrel arrive at the retail store. The cost for a barrel ranges between $4,000 and $15,000 depending on the number of bottles your barrel yields, and the price negotiated locally by the distributor and retailer."

~Boar

Found it. Should have just gone straight to the Blanton's website in the first place. No wonder it was hard to Google, though---took a fair amount of poking around even once I got there! But here it is:

http://www.singlebarrelselect.com/home.html

"The process takes approximately eight weeks from the time you finalize your selection, to when your bottles and empty barrel arrive at the retail store. The cost for a barrel ranges between $4,000 and $15,000 depending on the number of bottles your barrel yields, and the price negotiated locally by the distributor and retailer."

~Boar

So between 150-200 bottles? Who do we know, that owns a shop? A CP barrel buy would be sweet.

I submitted an application on the link above and choose "Consumer, I just want some barrels. **If you don't work for a retailer or distributor, you'll be matched with one by our program"

I suppose lets see where that goes.

I'll keep an eye out Brandon, but around here it goes for about $85, which is higher than in some parts. I still buy it every time I see it just because it's hard to come across.

As for the barrel purchase, there's a lot more to that than meets the eye. It includes making a trip out there to pick out the barrel. It's a really neat process, but I haven't heard of anyone getting that opportunity with Blanton's that isn't a high end retailer.....having said that, it'll be interesting to see a response.

Ran to the liquor store yesterday, no luck. They did tell me it wasn't hopeless; they get deliveries four days a week. I will check now and then and if I can find some....I'll buy it.

Not sure how serious you guys are about splitting a barrel, but I could move a dozen no problem

Just got my acceptance Email back. Once I logged in I was very excited.... UNTIL I saw the picture below... They said they will keep my information and once next year's barrels release they will be in touch. Also here is the information about the barrel if we can snag one next year. Not sure if this link will work
Brand
Spirit
Proof
Average 750ml Bottles
Estimated Bottle Cost
Estimated Barrel Cost
Blanton's​
Bourbon​
93​
6yr​
217​
60​
$13,020​

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance Email back. Once I logged in I was very excited.... UNTIL I saw the picture below... They said they will keep my information and once next year's barrels release they will be in touch. Also here is the information about the barrel if we can snag one next year. Not sure if this link will work
Brand
Spirit
Proof
Average 750ml Bottles
Estimated Bottle Cost
Estimated Barrel Cost
Blanton's​
Bourbon​
93​
6yr​
217​
60​
$13,020​
View attachment 29302
Well, now everyone has time to start saving their pennies. 2021 is coming Gents! The Blanton’s will flow like water!