• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Major Announcement - Cigar Community as a whole

I've seen the other sites...CP is vastly superior so it's no wonder the guy wanted it. Thanks, Rod..for staying the course and keeping CP intact and independent.

I don't post much here, though I've been around a while.....but I have a lot of respect for Rod and standing by your values..thanks :D

As all the others have said, thanks Rod!
I might not come around as much as I used to, but this place is still a very special community to myself, and a lot of others!

Good play Rod! :thumbs:

Rod,

Thanks for creating this place. I just got here so it's nice to know it's going to stick around for a long time to come. Such a great vibe here.

Bill

Rod,

Thanks for creating this place. I just got here so it's nice to know it's going to stick around for a long time to come. Such a great vibe here.

Bill

Stick around - we'll change that perspective fer ya!!! ;)

It is good to see one cigar forum staying true, I definitely have a lot of respect to the site owner, thanks for not selling out.

Rod,

I have had the pleasure of Herfing with you and Ashley on many occasions, and all I can say is you and Ashley are top notch people cigars aside. Thank you for providing an outlet for me to meet so many people whom with I would give my last cigar to. Some I have had the pleasure of Herfing with, others the opportunity cannot come soon enough. Although I may not be a valued contributor I appreciate any time I get to spend on here. If there is ever anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Adrian

Rod thank you for everything you do and for allowing us to be a part of your community!
If there is anything I can do you, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your show of character and integrity Rod. Google isn't turning much up on this guy, does anyone know anything about him?

looks like there is some stuff on him courtesy of google here is a page I found... explains a bit of what he does

Linky

I registered here before, but for whatever reason I never posted here before. I am active member of one of the purchased forums. I will maintain a wait-and-see attitude but I do not what his attentions are. I do not how much time he will have to dedicate to each site. Apparently he has a lot of money:

http://southflorida.blockshopper.com/news/story/199324/

Don't you mean "intentions" ???

A large majority of the membership here use words properly and are mindful of proper spelling and grammar unlike the cigar boards that are populated with asshats and morons (like lopez's board). Please do your best to express yourself on this boars like someone who at least finished the 8th grade.

Thanks! :thumbs:

Rod thank you for everything you do and for allowing us to be a part of your community!
If there is anything I can do you, don't hesitate to ask.

Gabriel,

Rod wants you to send me as many 1926s as you can spare. :D

First off, thank you ALL for the very kind words and encouragement; this is why I cannot bring myself to sell CP. I can't sell out the family, so to speak... 8+ years of hard work, dedication, herfs, and most importantly - friendships... Money just can't buy certain things.

There is a lot of uncertainty out there right now. While none of us are affected by the recent major buyout, it will be interesting to see how this transpires. Lots of speculation - and it is confirmed that this is a business venture for Jon. Based upon what I have learned about him, it sounds like he may be creating some sort of social cigar networking website, that's just speculation.

In any case, I do appreciate everyone's feedback. We have a very strong community here, and things are not about to change. Actually, I have a lot of really cool features/upgrades planned for CP in the coming months. I think you will all like what I have in store; I for one am looking forward to it.

Thank you all for making CP so unique; we're definitely one of a kind!

Very Best Wishes,
Rod

Don't you mean "board" ???

A large majority of the membership here use words properly and are mindful of proper spelling and grammar unlike the cigar boards that are populated with asshats and morons (like lopez's board). Please do your best to express yourself on this boars like someone who at least finished the 8th grade.

WOW.......Rod, I gotta say....you're a pretty "OK Dude", and Ashley........your're a pretty "OK Dudet" too (and not just because you're Dodger fans). But seriously now, I've gotten to know some very good people whom I'm very fortunate to call my friends (Rod and Ashley included) and the only reason I met these people were because of this site. Thank you Rod and Ashley for creating this great place and thanks also to all the members here that make it so great. I've learned alot from you all, not just about cigars but about life as well.

NOW..................

GO DODGERS.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Rod for having the balls to make that decision. I don't post much, but have met a bunch of people through this site who are quality individuals and that is a reflection of the host. If it weren't for your hard work and dedication to this community, I really doubt I'd have become as educated and passionate about this hobby. More so, thank you for the trust you have placed in us, the group, to define the culture and attitude here. This is why CP is the first and only online forum I visit. Thanks to all the members who make this place what it is.

bravo!

glad and proud to be part of this community and not the others on that list (anymore).

Thanks Rod!

Don't you mean "board" ???

Now that is classic, thanks sonuvabum :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rod,

As always, a true class act. Thank you for all you continue to do for making our community such an incredible place.

Wow, I just saw this news in another thread. It's been said a lot already, but I'll say it again: thank you, Rod, for providing the best cigar community on the net and thank you for having not only the integrity but also the generosity to turn down this offer and keep our (your) home independent and open.

I don't post much here, though I've been around a while.....but I have a lot of respect for Rod and standing by your values..thanks :D

Ditto that.

I admire your integrity on this decision, Rod.